Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 11,914

GrailUK

Gerudo Village in BotW looks nice in 4K!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Peek-a-boo

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Scorpio confirmed to be called Xbox One X.

Eh.

I'm not a fan of plonking a random letter at the end of product names (Wii U, Xbox 360 E, iPhone 6S, Xperia XZ, OnePlus 3T, and so on and on) and the letter 'X' is associated with bad luck in some countries and certain cultures so, it is a strange name to give it.

And releasing it on the 7th of November means they will be missing out on a wave of (popular) games released in September and October too. Talk about missing out on the main bulk of games, which both Sony and Nintendo can quite happily capitalise on.

So far, this conference is doing precisely nothing for me, unfortunately.

p.s. State of Decay 2 is now delayed to 2018. So far, it looks like the trio of Crackdown 3, Forza Motorsport 7 and Sea of Thieves are left this year then, providing that the latter game does indeed come out in 2017...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Let's remember this quote from Spencer: ''Paying marketing funds so another consoles base can't play a piece of content doesn't feel like growth.''

Octane

-Green-

Sea of Thieves looked amazing. My favorite game so far.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Peek-a-boo

What's with all this 'Exclusive! Exclusive! Exclusive!' being shouted at us every two minutes? Are they being held back for a period of time, or is it a console exclusive, or a Xbox/Windows 10 exclusive, or a paid-for exclusive?

I'm sick of hearing that word already.

Ooh, The Last Night caught my attention. It's by far and away the highlight of an otherwise dull show so far!

p.s. Is it me or does Crackdown 3 look worse than its initial reveal? Where's all the destruction and mayhem?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

kkslider5552000

If you Xbox One owners don't buy Cuphead or The Last Night, I'm convinced you hate buying good video games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GrailUK

What was that pixelly cyberpunk game they showed? It looked awesome, but I didn't see a title :/

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I believe most of them are timed exclusives. Few are Xbox / PC.

Octane

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

If you Xbox One owners don't buy Cuphead or The Last Night, I'm convinced you hate buying good video games.

I'm sorry. It could also be that you like NOT buying good video games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GrailUK

@Peek-a-boo Oh Lol! Yes, it seems I am in utter agreement with you ^^. Thanks for the link. It's lovely. Everything else seemed so generic or over produced! (...and they just glossed over Crackdown! It looked very disappointing!) Edit* Ye, Cuphead was amazing too.

Edited on by GrailUK

Peek-a-boo

@Octane I thought they openly said that they were finished with all of this paid and/or timed exclusivity bobbins?

Obviously not then...

OG Xbox backwards compatibility is nice, but I leave my memories of old games where they mostly belong.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

$499 CALLED IT!

Edit: @Peek-a-boo Yeah, Spencer said so on multiple occasions. But apparently not.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Apart from The Last Night, little bits of Cuphead (how has this yet to been released though?) and the OG Xbox backwards compatibility, this was a mostly forgettable conference. In fact, I would go as far to say that it is just about on par with the equally forgettable conference this time last year.

And pricing the Xbox One X at $499 means that it is likely to be DoA everywhere except in America.

Sony will only have to 'turn up' tomorrow and show the games they announced last year as well as a few new ones.

A really, really disappointing effort by Microsoft...

Peek-a-boo

-Green-

I loved it. Maybe because of EA's pres yesterday and boredom. but I enjoyed it mostly from start to finish. Found a lot of the games interesting. I might buy an XBox depending on how the games shape out.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

Well, Ori and The Will of the Wisps is going to be a class A masterpiece, without question. But other than that nothing really grabbed me. No Sakaguchi exclusive from Mistwalker especially hurts. Maybe it'll be on Switch, who knows.

The Xbox BC is nice (still waiting on Tales of Vesperia for 360 BC... eh ehm), but ya, the rest was just kinda meh. Anthem looks fantastic though, even if I am wary of Bioware. And it's multiplat, although I'll be buying all multiplats for Xbox One X now.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

Started off fantastic with the Metro reveal. Don't know how it all went down hill so fast.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Octane

@JaxonH Andromeda was the B-team, Anthem is their main team, so I'm a little more hopeful. Metro looked good as well, but that segment was heavily scripted.

Octane

veeflames

Thought it was okay, although nothing much piqued my interest. I'm in no rush to run out and pick an Xbox One X at this point. The price point is very much expected, since we're looking at a budget "gaming PC" console that can output native 4K. Yes, glorious, glorious.... 4K.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

KirbyTheVampire

Is Anthem an Xbox exclusive, or will it be on PS4 as well?

KirbyTheVampire

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic