Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 11,902

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal I personally thought Fallout 4 was quite poor compared to New Vegas and relatively average compared to Fallout 3.

I also played Fallout 4 for ten hours, came back to it another day to find that my save file was corrupt, and the previous save point was about five hours prior. I wasn't surprised though, seeing as Bethesda are known to be produce some of the buggiest games around.

It's really not worth investing all your time into it. Play Final Fantasy XV instead.

And $70 for that season pass?! I don't want to tell you what to do with your money, but eesh!

Having said that, if you do feel compelled to play the game, at least you can blast your way through the story in 25 hours, which is comparatively shorter than Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Imagine how buggy the Switch port of Skyrim will be

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@CanisWolfred I do agree with what you've said, but....

Halo: Masterchief cost me less than £4.50, and I've wanted Rare Replay since the moment I heard about it - Goldeneye is about the only console game I played in that era, so I'm playing catch-up.

And as for the XBone.... well, the One S has been going pretty cheap this last week, and with an extra controller (which can be hard to get hold of cheaper) for £205, I figured I could give it a try. With its UHD blu-ray drive I think it will hold its value ok for a little while and so I could sell it if I need to or regret the purchase.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Peek-a-boo

I am absolutely bowled over by the abundance of games coming out in the first three months next year, and that doesn't even include the Nintendo Switch and its eventual launch line-up in March!

I had a glance to see what Microsoft are up to in 2017 and, I don't know... is it a compelling enough list?

• Halo Wars 2 in February (and is their only first party game listed for both Q1 and Q2)
  • Crackdown 3 in due out in 'Fall', which was first shown at E3 back in 2014 (!)
  • Scalebound in Q3/Q4 - this is one of my most anticipated games, although the Gamescom stage demo last summer was a cause for concern
  • Sea of Thieves in Q3/Q4 - the first game from Rare since Kinect Sports in 2010 that isn't a compilation of their old games

I believe you also have the 'smaller' games like Ashen, Below, Cuphead and a sequel to State of Decay, of which they'll all be available on PC too.

I am positively sure that Microsoft has yet another Forza Motorsport, Halo and Gears of War cooking away in the oven somewhere, but nothing has been officially announced yet.

Are Xbox owners/fans (on here) happy/excited about next year?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Really excited for Halo Wars 2 but after that I'm not sure what's happening. 2 big factors for me are continued Rock Band 4 DLC and the Switch presentation. If the Switch is pretty much a port machine for the first year, I'll probably focus on backlog for Wii U, 3DS and XB1 outside of RB4 and Halo Wars 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition for me please. I wonder how it will play on PC

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Gamer83

@Peek-a-boo
I'm definitely looking forward to Crackdown but right now it looks like 2017 for me will be the same as the past couple years, mostly gaming on PS4. I'm intrigued by new hardware though and I'm looking forward to learning MS' plans for the Xbox Scorpio so I can finally decide whether to get that or go with the Nintendo Switch instead.

Gamer83

Grumblevolcano

Ok, I saw on the Xbox store that Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition has the same situation as games like Gears of War 4. The Ultimate Edition (17th February) releases 4 days before the standard edition (21st February).

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano I loathe those 'pay more for early access' schemes.

It's everything wrong with digital gaming.

Forza Horizon 3 had it, Gears of War 4 had it... and now Halo Wars 2. Both EA and Microsoft seems to love 'offering' these, because they know people are stupid enough to pay the extra money to do so.

That's my rant over and done with!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Personally I don't think the early access is necessary as the ultimate edition is worth it just from its extra contents. Halo Wars Definitive Edition and the season pass just for £20, totally worth it (I guess also a steelbook if you go physical)!

EDIT: On another note, Halo 5 is getting a new update tomorrow featuring new weapons, vehicles, announcer voices, an improved type of Grunt mech for Warzone and more.

The blog post ends with the confirmation of Halo 6's development.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

gcunit

Assassin's Creed: Unity going for £1.39 on cdkeys if anyone's interested.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

The new Halo 5 update is absolutely fantastic!

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal Is it wrong that I am more excited about the idea of playing (old) Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One than any of the new ones?! If there's one thing Microsoft did right, it is their implementation of the backwards compatibility.

It's a nice gesture too, giving away Lost Odyssey until the end of this year. In an ideal world, Microsoft would now begin to get the ball rolling for a sequel to both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, but alas...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal You are like the twin brother of my friend who owns an Xbox One!

He has got Star Wars Battlefront, Quantum Break, The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5: Guardians, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Destiny, Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Battlefield: Hardline, as well as a few indie games like Goat Simulator, Minecraft and Ori and the Blind Forest, the latter of which I actually cheekily paid and played all for myself!

The Xbox 360, especially for the first four years of its life, managed to cover an array of genres that didn't make me feel like I was missing out in terms of third party support. This time round however, it is barely getting about a quarter of the games from the Far East.

I believe you're quite lucky that both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III were announced when this 'new' generation first begun, because I genuinely don't think the Xbox One is going to get anymore...

It might be wishful thinking, but I kind of hope I will be able to buy the lowest baseline Xbox One S model for £150 or less next year sometime, purely as a backwards compatible machine.

p.s. There's a new Marvel vs. Capcom coming out in March by the way!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal I'm already playing Ulimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on my PlayStation 4.

I was just reminding you, after you mentioned that you wish to play UMvC3, that it shall be available on PC and Xbox One next March! The sequel however, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, is indeed out in Q4 2017.

Moving onto your other subject, Square Enix has only announced four games for the Xbox One in 2016 and beyond (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Final Fantasy XV, Hitman and Kingdom Hearts III).

On the other hand, you have Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Heroes I & II, Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time, Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, I am Setsuna, Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD Final Chapter Prologue, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness and World of Final Fantasy on the PlayStation 4 and/or PS Vita. This is without including what's coming out in 2017 and beyond!

And bear in mind that just 0.5% of the 690,000 copies of Final Fantasy XV in Japan were for the Xbox One (3,700 in all), and sales for the very same game in the UK was a shy over 80% in favour for the PlayStation 4.

If the above games are not coming out, and its own sales for Final Fantasy XV were rather ho-hum, I simply cannot envision how one can hope to see - and play - future Final Fantasy games on the Xbox One.

In my ideal world, everybody can play them... but I am not a businessman.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal Don't get me wrong, I would like every single console (that can realistically run the games) have the Final Fantasy series, be it a mainline one or the occasional spin-off however, I just see this current situation as a 'where do we (both) go from here?' dilemma for Microsoft and Square Enix.

And yeah, I don't think Microsoft wanted Square Enix to have their own server on the Xbox Live platform, which is somewhat odd seeing as they seem more than happy to allow EA to have their own server on Xbox Live through their EA Access service!

In any case, I cannot see Final Fantasy XIV being a success story if it was available on the Xbox One.

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

@Peek-a-boo Microsoft in general seems to be finding weird ways to screw themselves. It's almost like they want everyone else to be more successful. Which would be nice, especially in the gaming scene. I just wish they'd drop the whole interconnected bit with Windows 10 and allow their products to be good on their own, instead of allowing one weak link to sink the entire ship. You're not Apple, Microsoft! That's why I buy from you! Stop ruining that!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Finally started back up on Assassin's Creed III (360) again (needed new batteries for the controller, and just procrastinated on buying them for a couple months, lol).

Took me awhile to get back in the groove of things, since I'd forgotten a lot of the tutorial stuff (and my blade had become unequiped, and I wasn't sure how to re-aquip it, lol). I was at an early mission where you had to free Native Americans from a slaving operation in the middle of a British base while avoiding/killing the officers, which proved to be difficult because I wasn't sure what button to press to kill them, and this proved especially difficult when you had to free the group on the ship, because there were 3 officers on board & no places to kill one without alerting the other 2, so it took awhile to get into the game's mindset until I realized I could climb up into the sails and safely pass over them. Took me at least 10 tries to finally clear that section.

In more humorous news, earlier in the mission where you have to order NPC assassins to kill officers at the right time while you're riding in a wagon, one of them dove off a building assassinating a dog, rather than the officer next to it which he was supposed to. Also, just walking around Boston, I ran into Ben Franklin in a store, and when I entered a conversation with him, he went on a long monologue about how older women make better lovers than young women (who has enough time on their hands to include this sort of thing in a game, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CaPPa

I bought Xbox 360 games Killer Is Dead and Catherine in the game sale. I love the backwards compatibility on the One!

CaPPa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic