Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 11,914

shingi_70

Anyone want to get a party up for Halo 5?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

@Aviator

I just added you.

So someone gave me some cheap batteries that leaked a bit of acid (not enough to burn the skin or be harmful), but they screwed up my controller and now my Y button doesn't work anymore which means its hard to play and Destiny since I can't switch weapons. So be requesting a new one on Monday from xbox support since my console is still under warrenty. It sucks since the Beta has just gotten good with breakout.

In other news it looks like Microsoft's next browser or what would have been called IE12 is now being called Spartan.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-is-building-a-new-brow...

We should see it announced at the January 21st windows event. I wonder if they're going to call it IE12 in its final form or go in deep with the Halo references.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

Spartan - Showing a lack of or indifference to luxury
"Microsoft's browsers are very spartan. I can't even change my theme."

Yup, that's a spot-on naming choice alright.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Aviator

shingi_70 wrote:

@Aviator

I just added you.

This friend system is so confusing.

Anyone care to explain for me?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

shingi_70

Its a weird mix of Twitter and the regular friends list which most social network are adopting.

So adding a Favorite just let's you see them in your timeline similar to twitter or following miiverse functions. Following friends works more like the 360 friend list feature.

This is what the Spartan browser will probably look like
Untitled

Robert Beanland posted on twitter that this will be a big year for Rare.
Untitled

One of the shirts that will be given away at the windows 10 event.
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Two more Microsoft Studios teams have been found out through job postings.

Decisive Games team is working on a strategy game for Xbox and Windows.
http://powerupgaming.co.uk/articles/493-microsoft-working-on-...

Unsure what it could be but Microsoft owns three strategy IP in Halo Wars, The Age of Series, and Rise of Nations which was acquired from THQ last year.

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/articles/493-microsoft-working-on-...

A second team has been formed building "new entertainment experiences" from the creators of Kinect Kudo Tsundo and Alex Kipman.Its probably related to the AR fortzela that's been planned since 2010 when the Xbox One was in planning stages. Its probably also related to the VR set that Microsoft is rumored to be showing off at this year's E3.

http://www.cnet.com/news/is-microsoft-working-on-gaming-helme...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/08/xbox-kinect-creators-k...

And Finally a third team is being formed around taking over the Avatars from Rare and giving them an update. This is probably for two reasons to have. one because the 360 avatars micro transactions for clothing sold well and brought in money. The second is too have a platform for casual games where you need non desprict characters My guess is that the new team is just going to take the Avatars from Kinect Sports Rivals and spruce them up a bit to be used in games
Untitled

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

I'm pretty sure those notes are from Gruntilda's Lair in the first Banjo Kazooie. I'm just going off of my whistling and ability to read musical compositions, to an extent. Anyone with an instrument should be able to confirm this.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Aviator

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm pretty sure those notes are from Gruntilda's Lair in the first Banjo Kazooie. I'm just going off of my whistling and ability to read musical compositions, to an extent. Anyone with an instrument should be able to confirm this.

If a new Banjo game (in the vein of 64) came to Xbox One, it would solely justify my purchase.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SCRAPPER392

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

If a new Banjo game (in the vein of 64) came to Xbox One, it would solely justify my purchase.

Well, if you have an instrument, play a - a,a,b the way it sounds in the first game, just like in the composition they posted. The notes actually give a huge clue about what it could be. I'm just going off of my whistling and how things sound on a guitar, and I'm pretty sure it's Banjo-Kazooie.

That's one of the biggest reasons why I bought an Xbox One, in the first place.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Gamer83

Seems like a pretty sure think Banjo-Kazooie is back. I was hoping they'd take one more shot with Perfect Dark before reviving BK, but I guess with Halo 5 and the continued partnership with Activision on the Call of Duty games MS doesn't need more FPS.

Gamer83

Ungravitify

Oh wow Ive been on this site for a while now and ive never noticed there was an xbox owners thread or maybe I did and forgot?

Anyway hi everyone im also pretty intrested in the windows 10 integration and is Xbox Live gold worth it?

3ds Friend code : 1504 6894 9383
Name: Rave

shingi_70

Yep the more the merrier, you should also check out Purexbox which has a small but growing community compared too Nlife and Pushsquare.

The Inner Circle small xbox based youtube podcast just had an hour long interview with Ken Lobb from Microsoft Studios. I don't know how this small podcast gets big Microsoft guys but its a good interview. He talks about how he got into the industry and the early days of rare before moving onto Xbox One dissuasion . A few points

-He reiterates what Robert Beanlean tweeted about this year being a big one for Rare.
-Microsoft understands that they need to get more diverse and out of the yearly funk which is why were seeing games like Scalebound, Killer Instinct, and Zoo Tycoon coming back. They want to get to a first party diversity level somewhere between Sony and Nintendo.
-They want to build a suite of IP where they can work on sequels, New IP, and digging back into old IP.
-No ones working on Perfect Dark currently, and if they were to bring back Ms.Dark it would probably be similar to Deus Ex or Tomb Raider rather than a traditional FPS or TPS.
-He's a bit sly on the fact that Banjo, Viva Pintata, and Battletoads may be revived.

Phantom Dust information
-During the development of the orginal Phantom Dust Ken wanted pushed alongside Halo, Fable, and the other big OG xbox games. He was outvoted which is why it was published by Majesco.
-They have a developer that's been working on game since before E3 2014 but they haven't announced who it is yet. It probably mean its a new team or Microsoft has acquired a known quantity.
-Its a trading card game based arena fighting game think a bit more indepth powerstone for the multiplayer. A better comprasion would be the gamecube exclusive lost kingdom games from From software.
-No real date for Phantom Dust could be 2015. They don't want to put the game in a postion where its coming out next to Halo.
-Its a 30 hour JRPG for the single player component.
-You unlock the base set of PVP cards through the single Player mode.
-PVP will be unlocked early onto the single player.
-The story mode will be a reimagining of the first game telling the story more streamlined.
-Lobb dislikes the term reboot because you could call Killer Instinct a reboot when the story actual leaves from where Killer Instinct 2 left off.
-The payment model isn't set in stone between one payment or F2P.
-Killer Instinct was built the way it was because of how the fighting game player typically only uses certain characters. (I only own four KI characters myself.)

Scalebound info
-The game has been in development for around 2 years and the first meetings took place at E3 2013.

• Platnuim knows that they make great games that underperform sales wise and is one of the reasons Scalebound was pitched to MS.
    They haven't announced what type of game it is. Its you and dragons without saying too much.
    Its not a monster Hunter game and lobb which lobb says is weird and grindy even if he may like it.
    The Dragons are companions in the game.
    The game will be playable sometime this year for press. Unsure about E3 since the planning for what they will do has just started. The safe bet is Gamescom.
  • Its a big AAA game and what happens will you take the best that Platinum and the best that Microsoft Studios can do coming together.
    He's super hyped about it and calls it the potential game of all time. He says its really special.
  • One of the podcasts hosts says he imagines the game as being Devil May Cry mixed in a giant open world with huge fightable and rideable dragons. Lobb says that its a good guess and adds that he Loves Bayonetta 2 and uses it as an example of it best the best Platnuim has done but at time it has western market blockers. The Scale in the name refers to the scale that Platnuim can make (how big the enemies are in W101 and Bayo2 are huge).
    Lobb is looking forward to Xenoblade X. It sounds like Scalebound might be a open world JRPG via the way of an action game like dragons dogma was.

Other tidbits:
-The host worries about the xbox one being a holiday console and is there other stuff coming throughout this year.
-Ori and Screamride are coming before E3. (along with State of Decay)
-MS has other unannounced games ready to go before the big games start in September.
-They already games planned as late of spring 2016 and that also depends if games don't make or are moved out of the fall deadline.
-Lobb says its a great time to be a gamer and this year will have good games on all three platforms.

As for next week's event on the 21st my expectations roughly will be

-Starting with Windows 10 for PC and how it works,.
-consumer features like the new UI and Cortana
-The new version of Office
-Than shows off the Continuum and how the new OS works on a tablet.
-May announce Surface mini but I doubt it if the OS won't be ready for the fall.
-Spartan Browser announcement
-Annoucment that the newest build of the Technical preview all the new features can be downloaded right now
-Windows Phone 10 or whatever its called now/.
-Shows off the user interface and new features.
-stuff for developers like how you only have to make on app for each platform now.
-The annoucment of the Lumia 940, 1040, 1540 alongside some low end devices. They'll be up for pre-order and shipping around mayish,
-The Windows Phone 10 preview program being avaible to users who don't mind beta software on their phones
-Windows 10 on Xbox shown off.
-Brand new UI and the voice features are replaced with Cortana.
-All the first party apps redone and shows off some Windows 10/Windows mobile apps coming.
-Plays up how big it can be for developers like gameloft.
-Goes big into how big important the xbox is too Microsoft.
-Announces the streaming service and a few cross play games coming to both.
-We might see the stuff Lift London has been working on.
-Preview for the new UI and features goes out within the month for Xbox Preview program users who opt in.

WAT!

shingi_70

Forza Motorsport 6 was just announced at the Detroit International Auto Show. The cover car is the new 2015 Ford GT
Untitled

I just bought five this week and plan to get Horizon 2 come summer, so I might skip this entry. I just hope next year's game isn't Horizon3 and is either Banjo Karting or Ralisport.

WAT!

Gamer83

Pretty sure Forza 6 will be this year, Horizon 3 in 2016. Even if I'd prefer they take another year to make 6 the best entry in the Motorsport main series since 3 and by doing so give Playground Games more time to try to figure out how to top Horizon 2.

Also, the idea of a Perfect Dark along the lines of Deus Ex sounds awesome to me. With the right studio behind it, that could be a big hit.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

I hope Horizon 3 isn't next year. I'd rather get Forza Rally or Banjo Kart.

The new preview February update is up.

Thanks to the Xbox community, we’re back in action early this year, kicking off 2015 with another system update preview release on Xbox One. Last year, we added hundreds of features on Xbox One — we can’t wait to share more with you this year and hear what you think on Xbox Feedback! This month, we’re bringing members of our Preview program a peek at how we hope to bring the Xbox community even closer together through an all-new feature called game hubs. Your friends, game creators, community managers, and other fans like you can now more easily meet, talk, share content, and play their favorite games. Also, we’re adding more tile transparency for custom backgrounds and a handful of updates to live TV.

Starting today, members of the Xbox One preview program will get to check out these new features first:

•Game hubs – New in preview this month, game hubs are the go-to centers for all sorts of interesting content around your favorite games. Every Xbox One game will have a game hub where you can see which of your friends are playing the game, compete with your friends in game leaderboards, dive into the coolest game clips and game broadcasts, and follow the game’s VIPs and top players.

To get to the game hub for your favorite game, find a game in your pins, recently played list, or My games and apps, then press the Menu button and select View game hub. You can also search for any game in the Xbox Store and click on the game hub tile from the game’s store page.

•Custom backgrounds and tile transparency – We listened to your feedback and added additional tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible. As a reminder, to set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My background. Note: some items can’t be made transparent due to usage rights/restrictions for certain images.

•TV updates – We’re releasing a lot of updates to the live TV experience and features are being released to additional countries in preview this month: ◦OneGuide for the Netherlands – Support for OneGuide will continue in preview for the Netherlands and the missing channels for the Netherlands OneGuide listings will become available over the next few weeks.
◦TV trending in OneGuide – As you scan the detailed OneGuide TV listings, you can see which shows are trending by a “Trending on Xbox” note and associated icon. Xbox – live TV trending is based on the number of Xbox One owners currently watching that show in each country, pulled from anonymous data collected at a national level. Currently, Xbox TV trending is available to all members in the U.S., UK and Canada.
◦Live TV trending (new countries) – France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico will begin seeing live TV trending data in Xbox OneGuide.
◦Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers – Xbox One will work even better with more devices. This month’s preview release contains updates to the IR blasting database for new models and addresses issues reported by our fan community.
◦“Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Preview members with the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in supported countries (UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) will now be able to see video frames when fast-forwarding or rewinding paused TV on your Xbox One consoles.
◦Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android – We are continuing the preview of live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android devices for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

We’re excited to start the New Year off on the right foot by continuing our commitment to making Xbox One the best place to play. Let us know what you think of this month’s preview and stay tuned for more news on Xbox One system updates.

WAT!

shingi_70

The Xbox Won the December NPD and now it seems the permanent price is $349.

-Ori is the first exclusive of the year due sometime next month.
-Screenshots are coming.
-Windows 10 coming soon and news next wedenday.

WAT!

shingi_70

Screamride comes out March 1st for $30 on Xbox One.

Ori and the Blind Forest is coming March 11th and is $20.

State of Decay is coming April 28th and is $30. If you owned the xbox 360 it going to get the game for $20.

Tommorow is the big windows event and you keep up with the liveblog over at Purexbox.

http://www.purexbox.com/news/2015/01/microsoft_windows_10_eve...

WAT!

unrandomsam

So Windows 10 has all the pointless stuff like messaging/social and Game Streaming from the Xbone which I suppose might be ok to a Windows RT tablet (Presuming it does 60fps).

They should just port the games to it.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic