Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 11,914

Peach64

1 million Xbones have been sold in the UK. 8 weeks later than the PS4 passed the same record, so shows its far from a flop. It took the 360 8 weeks longer to sell 1 million.

Peach64

shingi_70

The console is doing good and the only people who say other wise tend to be fanboys. The patch for MCC should be out today so hopefully Matchmacking gets unborked.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

Sunset Overdrive for $40, Forza Horizon 2 for $30 and The Evil Within for $25? I'd say those are all no brainers, especially Forza.

Gamer83

shingi_70

I splurged on Dragon ave this week and I proabablynahve a date Saturday so I'll only be getting forza. The demo really sold me.

On the digital store Sunset is %15 off right now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

I lost my love for Halo after Halo 4. This collection almost has me coming back but I would rather spend $300 on a bunch of Wii U games on my wishlist rather than another console

By the end of Microsoft's E3 conference this year I thought that I'd buy an Xbox One around June 2015 when I'd know there's a good number of games I'd want already out or coming soon. Nintendo's E3 events the following days pretty much killed that as I gathered from it you could essentially only own a Wii U and not be bored at all from everything revealed which then cemented my decision not to bother with XB1 at all with the announcement of Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors DLC in August.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shingi_70

Ori got delayed until 2015 which is probably a good thing considering the exclusives look thin for early next year. Honestly i'm surpised so many digital games opted to release in the september-November timeline. You'd think indies and DD only games would pace their games out to try to come out either in the summer or december-march.

WAT!

shingi_70

Over hype by some aside the Playstation Experience was pretty awesome. I hope Microsoft does something similar to it or a Nintendo direct early next year. I know there's a rumored event late January/Early February to show off the new dashboard, but that seems more related to windows 10 than anything else.

Still next year is going to be a great year for games.

WAT!

shingi_70

Transparent tiles are coming to the system
Untitled

Phil Spencer will be at next month's windows 10 event where we see windows 10, windows phone 10, and windows 10 on xbox.
Untitled

Although the previous Windows 10 episode focused on the OS general announcement, it was more tightly focused on Windows 10 for enterprise. This time around, the consumer angle is getting the spotlight treatment. Satya Nadella, Terry Myerson, Joe Belfiore, and Phil Spencer will all be on hand for at the event to tell us what is next.

http://www.windowscentral.com/january-21-microsoft-reveals-mo...

Mainly been playing Dragon Age, and Crimson Dragon. Next week should be good with EA UFC, Halo, and the new press play game.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

I'm definitely looking forward to Windows on Xbox One.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rallydefault

Same here - I'm VERY interested to what Windows 10 is going to be like. I refused to upgrade to 8 this time around (though I'm well-aware it got much "better" as time went on), and I'm hearing encouraging things about Microsoft listening to feedback and being cognizant of alternative like Linux for certain users.

rallydefault

shingi_70

Windows 10 is looking really good so far. The smart thing they've done is too scale it so it can run on every device type (Computer, Tablet, phone, console, wearable) and all have the integrated experience all the tech companies want.

The biggest thing they did is that the Metro Apps that used to full screen now run in the desktop enviorment and the windows store will have both X86 and arm applications in it this go around. There's also a interesting scaling feature call continuum where if the OS notices you have a certain screen size and a keyboard it just shows you the normal windows interface, but when your on a small screensize or is on a tablet with out a keyboard it goes into the full screen app style.

Here's some screens from the newest leak,
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

With rumors of the mobile/tablet Xbox Games certification being laxed I wonder if Microsoft will use this one OS/Universal apps to get games from mobile only companies like Gameloft onto their system. There is a fair share of games on the windows store and from a developer perspective getting your game on four different product lines at once must be tempting.

Alao I expect to here about some of Microsoft's windows phone/tablet/PC games coming out soon. The Halo Strike game, whatever Lift London is doing, and Forza Mobile.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

@shini_70
Well, I would think that ideally, the Microsoft store would be accessible on all devices, and you can see any content from any device. So if I buy a mobile app on Xbox One, I might be able to run it on Xbox One or whatever, kind of like how Sony had the minis that could run on PSP or PS3, or like how you can run iPhone apps on iPad. So more stuff should be in one place, and be more cross compatible with one another.

I'm just wondering that since New 3DS will be able to transfer files to PC, then if I'll be able to send that data to Xbox One, since it has Windows, or even download iTunes or anything you could on a PC and run it on Xbox One.

Everyone can benefit from it, because Windows is a big platform, and Microsoft bringing it to Xbox One is like porting everything to every device with Windows. It's not hard to understand why it's a big deal, at least for Xbox One gamers.

EDIT: Also, I know that you mentioned alot of what I said already, but Windows 10 running on all their devices might not always mean that everything will run on every hardware, for obvious reasons.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Yeah the apps being cross platform will only be for window store apps, and not the old school desktop apps.

Looks like a major sale this week.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Some decent holiday sales are out until Christmas. I'll be picking up magic for $5 when I guy the new press play game on Thursday.

WAT!

shingi_70

If your a member of the xbox dashboard preview program your going to get a three early early access to the Halo 5: Guardians beta.

WAT!

Gamer83

I actually loved ODST's campaign so it'll be cool to have it on X1.

Gamer83

shingi_70

Pretty sure this was always the plan as a lead up to E3, they just decided to give it for free due to the MCC problems. I bet that we were supposed to get ODST in say march for $20-$30 and Reach the day of E3 like what was done with a lot of stuff at this years E3.

I played a bit of the Halo 5 Early Access Beta and it confirms my suscpions that the reason MCC had problems was due to the fact that you had all these engines and multiplayer components sort of duck taped together. The Halo 5 beta didn't have any problems with Matchmaking on the scale of MCC and the longest I waited for a map was around 5 minutes,

Phil Spencer is also saying that were going to see more Beta's and Early Access for Preview Program members, as a whole I've liked what Microsoft has been doing like giving out evolve alpha codes to preview members and having the free game weekends. My guess is that were going to see Phantom Dust and Happy Wars get Preview betas and we might see the Preview members put into the Fable Legends beta.

WAT!

Aviator

Just bought myself an Xbone (yay for Boxing Day sales).

Will post my username when I get that done, just in the middle of setting up.

Add me, I don't care who you are, but I need friends. naviator9

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic