Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 11,914

shingi_70

unrandomsam wrote:

So Windows 10 has all the pointless stuff like messaging/social and Game Streaming from the Xbone which I suppose might be ok to a Windows RT tablet (Presuming it does 60fps).

They should just port the games to it.

That was never going to happen and anyone who even speculated that frankly was dumb. We knew from the outset that it was going to be streaming and only select games would be going to the PC for cross play. For example there will probably be a Forza game for windows 10 but its going to be an asphalt style mobile racing game.

You have to rmemeber RT no longer exits and Windows 10 is just everything now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

Ya, they don't really want to put Xbox games on PC. That's why Xbox exists in the first place, because they can control the platform more easily and directly than PC.

You can either choose to buy an Xbox One with Windows 10, or a PC with Windows 10, but most of the Microsoft gaming will be going on with Xbox, which is how it has been since Xbox came out.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Rezalack

Anyone here on Nlife getting Dying Light on this week?

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

shingi_70

I'll be skipping it. I didn't think Dead Island was all that hot and for half the price I can get Resident Evil remastered, Episode 2 of Game of Thrones, and the first episode of Life is Strange.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

Undead_terror wrote:

Killer Instinct keeps getting awesome characters, stages and music, if I ever get a one then I must get that as the first game.

Meh. I'd still rather play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U. It's just more fun, IMO.

Qwest

Undead_terror

SCAR392 wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Killer Instinct keeps getting awesome characters, stages and music, if I ever get a one then I must get that as the first game.

Meh. I'd still rather play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U. It's just more fun, IMO.

Well your opinion is still good, Tekken is fun but I personally would rather play Killer Instinct and I can't wait to see what else they will do in the future.

Can't wait to see more of the female character that comes out next month now, she seems to take features from Samara.
Untitled

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat, and the later Capcom Vs. games are the 2D fighters I like the most. Tekken is my main 3D fighter, but mostly because there aren't that many 3D fighters to begin with. There's that Dragon Ball Bodakai, I think Naruto is 3D, but now the TV series and stuff is involved and I never watched the shows, so I'm not as interested.

Qwest

Gamer83

Killer Instinct turned out way better than I hoped it would. I'm sure it'll take a backseat once MK X hits but since I bought the X1 last last August, KI has been one of my most-played games.

Gamer83

SCRAPPER392

I thought KI was too much like Street Fighter. I don't expect all fighter games to be massively different, but I was never much of a fan of Street Fighter, TBH. I understand the appeal, but it's just not for me, so I spend time on other fighting games, instead.

PS Battle Royal was pretty fun, too, IMO, but once you dug deaper into the game, it wasn't as balanced as other games, and Shadow the Hedgehog among other characters were cancelled. That's why I didn't support that game.

I'll be looking forward to the MK X and Tekken 7, but that's about it. Capcom will probably make another Capcom Vs. game, too. That's just what they do.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

So, Rayman Legends is on Games with Gold. The colors are lighter and the load times are faster on Wii U. The only real difference is the Murphy levels, which are mostly fun in multiplayer on Wii U, pretty much. I just think the Wii U has better audio, and all these differences probably apply to PS4, too, except maybe load times if you put a faster HDD in the PS4.

I own Rayman Legends on both Wii U and Xbox One now, so now I can compare and confirm real differences.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

sub12

I prefer the XB1/PS4 version of Rayman Legends over the Wii U......I know people tend to passionately disagree due to the fact that the Wii U version was the originating version.

But the fact that every Murphy level has now been switched to a legit platforming level in which you fully control Rayman is a huge plus IMO.

sub12

SCRAPPER392

sub12 wrote:

I prefer the XB1/PS4 version of Rayman Legends over the Wii U......I know people tend to passionately disagree due to the fact that the Wii U version was the originating version.

But the fact that every Murphy level has now been switched to a legit platforming level in which you fully control Rayman is a huge plus IMO.

Ya, I'm kind of in favor of not controlling Murphy, either, but I do think the color in the Wii U version is better. The audio DSP in Wii U is just better than Xbox One's, too, IMO.

It's still interesting to see how the Murphy levels play out, both ways, because they are basically like a puzzle on Wii U, but a QTE kind of thing on Xbox One and PS4. I'm not even sure if you can get the same type of game going on Xbox One or PS4, even if you have the second screen, because it will probably already assume you are playing multiplayer, but that's just my guess.

Qwest

holchasaur

Because I think Nintendo fans will adore this game and should absolutely play it if they have the opportunity, here's my review of Ori and the Blind Forest for Pure Xbox (Nintendo Life's sister site):

Ori and the Blind Forest isn’t just a magnificent video game with impeccable mechanics and brilliant design, it’s a work of art. What could’ve easily been a journey so wrapped up in delivering its poignant narrative that it squandered away its gameplay potential, ends up being a Metroidvania that can hang with the greatest the genre has to offer. This is a powerful experience that we expect will be remembered for a long time to come, and it's, without question, one of the best games available for the Xbox One. That's a big statement, we know, but Ori's got more than enough spirit to back it up.

Click here for full review

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

^Yes, thank you! Been looking forward to a review of Ori. Sounds like it'll be worth the wait. I'm not looking forward to the "$20 for 8 hours?! What a rip-off!!!" statements that are sure to fill the comment section (FFS, Metroidvanias are never super-long games), but I'll gladly pick it up from Steam sometime next week.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

holchasaur

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Yes, thank you! Been looking forward to a review of Ori. Sounds like it'll be worth the wait. I'm not looking forward to the "$20 for 8 hours?! What a rip-off!!!" statements that are sure to fill the comment section (FFS, Metroidvanias are never super-long games), but I'll gladly pick it up from Steam sometime next week.

You're very, very welcome.

And for the record, I've noticed many other reviewers say that it took them about 12-15 hours to complete the game, so maybe it'll last longer for you than it did for me. Either way, it's about the ideal length so that you won't be deterred when considering a replay. As soon as I finished my first playthrough, I immediately started another. I'm not sure I've ever done that with any other game before.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

Souldin

DRL wrote:

Because I think Nintendo fans will adore this game and should absolutely play it if they have the opportunity, here's my review of Ori and the Blind Forest for Pure Xbox (Nintendo Life's sister site):

Ori and the Blind Forest isn’t just a magnificent video game with impeccable mechanics and brilliant design, it’s a work of art. What could’ve easily been a journey so wrapped up in delivering its poignant narrative that it squandered away its gameplay potential, ends up being a Metroidvania that can hang with the greatest the genre has to offer. This is a powerful experience that we expect will be remembered for a long time to come, and it's, without question, one of the best games available for the Xbox One. That's a big statement, we know, but Ori's got more than enough spirit to back it up.

Click here for full review

Ooh, you've just posted a review of Ori and the Blind Forest? I'll be sure to head on over to the review then. I happen to be heading out tomorrow to purchase the game, so this is great timing.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

Souldin

SCAR392 wrote:

I thought KI was too much like Street Fighter. I don't expect all fighter games to be massively different, but I was never much of a fan of Street Fighter, TBH. I understand the appeal, but it's just not for me, so I spend time on other fighting games, instead.

Wait... really? Is the Xbox One Killer Instinct really a lot like Street Fighter? I'd been interested in getting Killer Instinct, it looks a lot fun and I think it's method of delivery works well for a fighting game, but my two times with Street Fighter have left me with quite a distaste for the street fighter series gameplay.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I haven't played the new one, but I recall the old one being like the Capcom VS. Series, minus the character switching. Granted, I never liked the old VS. games on a mechanical level, which is why I never got into them. I will say that it's faster-paced and more combo-heavy than Street Fighter. (COMBOBREAKER!!! is a meme spawned by Killer Instinct) Unless the new one changes that, I'm not sure SCAR knows what he's talking about...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic