Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 11,914

rallydefault

People will be mad about anything. I think it's the perfect remastered collection - it's been a loooong time since games like CE and Halo 2, and when it comes to arena shooters on consoles it's hard to find much better than those classic maps.

rallydefault

shingi_70

Its funny cause half of those people got excited for The Wind Waker HD and The Last of US remaster.

Honestly Nintendo won E3 hands down but I;ve been seeing a ton of folks saying that Sony won despite doing stuff that Microsoft got lambasted for last year, and honestly coasting off the goodwill of indie games and showing multiplatform titles.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

theblackdragon

mamp wrote:

I'm surprised people here are actually excited about the Halo collection because it seems like everywhere else people are complaining about it. I personally think it's awesome because they're getting remastered and most "collections" tend to consist of 2 games (very rarely 3).

not sure what there is to complain about, it looks like a pretty solid collection to me and it'll be a great way to lead relative newcomers (like myself) on up into Halo 5. i hope they'll consider releasing Reach and ODST for the Xbone sometime too (or at least follow through with some of the ideas being voted on here; backwards compatibility would take care of it easily). I'd love to be able to just go ahead and trade in my 360 against the thing, but Reach in particular I think I'd have a hard time not being able to play

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shingi_70

I hope they get the other 3 games up sometime, ODST is probably my favorite game in the series since it added firefight and had tried something different with the campaign.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

So I got my Xbox One yesterday and even without Kinect, I can tell that the user interface is a million times more polished and thought out than the PS4's. I wasn't fan of having to even download the basic media apps but man with everything downloaded this thing is a robust gaming and entertainment platform.

SO far Only have three full games in Max, Spartan Assault, and Project Spark. I'll probably pick up Killer Instinct and Ryse sometime this week. Wll proobbly pick up Watch_Dogs next month and i'm hoping pier solar is out soonish .

The UI just makes so much more sense in comparisons to the PS4's which is even a regression from the PS3's XMB.

You have three distinct planes the one to the left is your pins giving you quick access to all tour favorites., the one to the right is your home screen showing the last game or app you;ve been playing plus your four recent played. Its also how you snap games with out voice, get to your library, or change discs. Than t the right you have your store for everything else.

The overall design of the OS is slick and feels right at home if you windows 8 or Phone. It also does a lot more stuff that makes sense feature wise. For example upon entering a games entry for the store you see the usual information, but it also shows any one broadcasting the game on twitch currenlt, game clips taken as well as trailers and whatnot/ .

Will update with more of my thoughts and reviews on some game later.

WAT!

rallydefault

@shingi_70

Glad you're enjoying it! The UI is definitely smooth and, in my opinion, the best out of the three consoles. Add in Kinect, and you have an even snappier way to navigate around! And good luck with the games you got - I LOVED Ryse, regardless of the reviews it got.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

I would say anyone with an Xbox One should jump at that Dead Rising 3 $60 deal with all the DLC(except the new SUPER ULTRA etc... DLC). I bought it like a wekk before this deal, which kind of sucks, but whatever.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

I'm really bummed that I didn't jump on the crimson dragon sale last week. I'm hoping Zoo Tycoon is this week.

The polish of the Ui and blows every other console I've had away. The game DVR is pretty awesome feature, I made a whole review just using th tools they have me.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Well, it's pretty much the same as Xbox 360's UI, except with alot more apps and features. I'm totally fine with the Windows 8 type layout. Kinect comes in handy for snapping apps to the side and such, otherwise I don't use it much. Overall it's quite a bit better than last gen, but it still needs some work.

Qwest

shingi_70

@SCAR392

I mostly was talking about how snappy it was. The PS4 other than speed is a worse console OS than the 360 when it compares not only to feature wise but service as well. Also the idea to go with pure black and a contrasting color works to keep everything clean and was the best part of windows phone/8.

I'm watching Game of Thrones and having Notifications pop up for the world cup is pretty awesome.

Also watching trailers and videos actually works on the Xbone and aren't a crazy buffering machine that the PS4 is. You can tell that Sony built its console only for games and gave everything else including the OS.

I'm hoping we get an actual story mode in KI season 2.

WAT!

shingi_70

Tomb Raider and Strider are 50% off on xbox one this week. You can get Tomb Raider for $30 and Strider for $7.49.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Strider are half off on the Xbox store. I just bought Tomb Raider, because I haven't played it.

Qwest

shingi_70

Picking both up this week and they'll be my day off games. Should be a pretty nice week with Valient Hearts, Another World, and maybe pier solat coming next week

WAT!

Gamer83

mamp wrote:

I'm surprised people here are actually excited about the Halo collection because it seems like everywhere else people are complaining about it. I personally think it's awesome because they're getting remastered and most "collections" tend to consist of 2 games (very rarely 3).

To be fair, at least what I've seen, it's people who are complaining about all these remasters. I like TLoU, GTA V, Halo 4, etc, as much as the next guy but it is a bit much. People didn't buy new consoles to play old games. I'll make an exception for Halo though because it's my favorite franchise, it's a Collection of games instead of just one game and 2's multi is being left untouched.

Gamer83

shingi_70

So what's everyone's gametag's and you guys want to get together for a gaming session sometime.

WAT!

shingi_70

I updated the OP only having the games releasing this month as well as the Deals and Games for Gold for the month. I may add in the upcoming first party games as well.

As for updates looks like on the One were getting

Valiant Hearts the Great War
RBI Baseball 14
Another World Anniversary Edition
Contrast

Zombie Driver Deluxe Edition and Magic the Gather 2015 have been rated so expect those next month.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic