Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 11,914

shingi_70

So Gamestop were having a deal yesterday giving our Xbox Store money $5 a piece. By the time the promotion end I ended up with $55 due to the fact I was mostly on my phone. So I picked up

Sixty Second Shooter
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Strider
Powerstar Golf City Street Pack

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Could you restate that? I can't even read what you typed.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

@SCAR392

Gamestop was having a promotion on Facebook giving five dollar coupons for the Xbox Storefront. People were gaming the system to get more than one coupon. I ended up with $55 on the Xbox Storefront.

They're going be running similar promotions for the next three weeks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840749

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

@SCAR392

Gamestop was having a promotion on Facebook giving five dollar coupons for the Xbox Storefront. People were gaming the system to get more than one coupon. I ended up with $55 on the Xbox Storefront.

They're going be running similar promotions for the next three weeks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840749

Oh, that's lucky. I don't even have a FaceBook account, but I probably would have made one, just for that. Oh well.

Qwest

shingi_70

Man Tomb Raider is more brutal than I expected and can be off putting at times. I mean the deaths are as bas as what we saw in The Last of US.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Man Tomb Raider is more brutal than I expected and can be off putting at times. I mean the deaths are as bas as what we saw in The Last of US.

I saw the game as being a better version of Uncharted, except with a girl. I think I only got squeemish once, and that was near the beginning of the game. I can't rememember specifically why, though.

Qwest

rallydefault

Some of the deaths are pretty graphic. But man, that game is AWESOME. I originally played it with max settings on my PC, but I'm seriously considering getting the remastered version for my Xbox One just to relive the story and get achievements along the way. Money doesn't grow on trees, though ... but it is tempting I liked it that much haha

rallydefault

shingi_70

Game is still $30 on Xbox Live until tomorrow I think.

WAT!

shingi_70

So the Xbox One is launching in Japan and China this September

Chinese MMO publisher Perfect World is launching three titles for the launch of the system..

GamesBeat: At this point, do you already have a lot of console titles in the works? Or are you still in a conception stage?

Xiao: We have some studios working on projects already, building specifically for Xbox One. Not only Chinese studios, but also studios we’ve acquired in the west. We have at least three studios working on console at this time. By the time Xbox One launches in China, we hope to be among the titles initially offered on the platform. We’ve been working for a while. We didn’t ask all of our studios to start developing console-based games, but we have two or three working already. After the launch, once we see the initial reaction, then we’ll decide on fuller investment in the consoles

Microsoft is teaming up with some big Chinese companies so this could be big coo for them as well as getting new players into console development.

In Japan Microsoft announced a few developers working on games mostly for digital games.

Microsoft confirmed a number of new Japanese Xbox One games during an Xbox One presentation in Japan today.

Find the list of titles below:

Azito New Project (Hamster, 2015, Simulation Game)
Natsuki Chronicle (Qute, 2015, Shooting Game)
Raiden New Project (Moss, 2015, Shooting Game)
Shooting Trilogy (Triangle Service, 2015, Shooting Game)

An Xbox One version of Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires was also announced.

That's including the three games by 5pb and MAGES.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Game is still $30 on Xbox Live until tomorrow I think.

From what I saw, they raised the price of TR to $36. It was probably selling really well.

Qwest

shingi_70

Ah I forgot about the Price hike.

I was thinking that's its pretty interesting how a few of Microsoft's games seem to be taking a episodic season style approach to gaming.

D4 which is launching this year looks to be a Swery65 game using the deliverly method as the current crop of Telltale games. (Something I hope we see more of this generation).
Untitled

“D4” is planned for a first season, with more seasons to come in the future. It is single-player only and will be available exclusively for the Xbox One this year.

Fable Legends is going to be a multiplayer game but the story content is going to be episodic

"The storyline is absolutely there and very important," he said. "Of course there's a higher purpose with a broad storyline that combines the various quests. But we tell new stories all the time. That's the beauty of episodic content.

Fable Legends might just be Season One.

"We don't want Fable Legends to stop when you finish the game. You should think about seasons and episodes. Fable Legends might just be Season One and we can add new quests and stories in the future, in the form of DLC for example."

When asked whether this means that Fable Legends is planned to evolve over the course of years rather than months, Eckelberry replied, "That's the goal, yes."

Killer Instinct is taking the season route as well with each season adding new modes story content and eight fighters. I'm sort of hoping that they add in a Actual Story mode separate from arcade. Even if its just a glofired visual novel like the Blaz Blue and Guilty Gear games have.

Quantum Break is going to be like Alan Wake where the levels are spread apart like a TV series on DVD.

Also it seems like were going to see a slate of project from Microsoft studios at Gamescom.

Lionhead has a smaller 8 man team that's been working on something for a new IP. I also expect a traditional Fable IV to be announced soon enough.

Lift London is working on three games one of which is a game called Edenfalls which is probably an RPG.

We should see Rare's next games by than as well.

Press Play has project totem which is launching this fall

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

They're just taking ideas from hollywood. I really don't mind the episode releases, but I'm just afraid I'll buy the first part of a game and not enjoy it, then I'll have an incomplete series. I guess it is less risky to sell only a part of the game, though, I was heavily considering Moon Chronicles on 3DS.

Qwest

shingi_70

I actually prefer this method of delivery for some types of games. I know Earthlock and Kingdom come are going try it but those might be more analgeous to expansion packs.

Looks like this week Deal for Gold is $10 off Ryse Son of Rome and its season pass. Will probably update the OP tomorrow.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

I'll probably just wait until the second episode of Moon Chronicles comes out. I don't mind the episode format, it's just alot more assuring that there will be enough content to play, if you actually like the game. In otherwords, I'd prefer having more episodes all at one given time. They are probably working on the rest of the remake, as time goes on, or maybe they really want to build anticipation for the next episode, like every other episode based show(pretty much).

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

rallydefault

shingi_70 wrote:

I actually prefer this method of delivery for some types of games. I know Earthlock and Kingdom come are going try it but those might be more analgeous to expansion packs.

Looks like this week Deal for Gold is $10 off Ryse Son of Rome and its season pass. Will probably update the OP tomorrow.

$10 off the season pass, too? I'll probably jump on that. I loved the multiplayer stuff but never bought any of the DLC.

rallydefault

shingi_70

The games on Sale this week for both the 360 and Xbox One.

Xbox One Deals with Gold 06.24 - 06.30
$49.99 | Ryse
$09.99 | Ryse - Season Pass

Xbox 360 Deals with Gold 06.24 - 06.30
$09.99 | Fable Heroes
$04.99 | Fable 3
$02.99 | Fable Anniversary: Armoured Weapons and Outfits Pack
$02.99 | Fable Anniversary: Creatures Weapons and Outfits Pack
$02.99 | Fable Anniversary: Hero's Weapons and Outfits Pack
$02.99 | Fable Anniversary: Villain's Weapons and Outfits Pack
$00.98 | Fable Anniversary: Ranger Weapon and Outfit Pack
$00.98 | Fable Anniversary: Pirate Weapon and Outfit Pack
$12.94 | Payday 2
$29.99 | Diablo 3

Xbox 360 Deals of the Week 06.24 - 06.30
$04.99 | Fable 2
$07.49 | Sonic Generations
$04.99 | Virtua Tennis 4
$04.99 | Virtua Fighter 5
$03.74 | Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
$04.99 | Condemned: Criminal Origins
$04.94 | Viking
$07.99 | Vanquish
$06.99 | LEGO: Lord of the Rings
$04.99 | LEGO: Harry Potter - Years 5-7
$14.99 | LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes
$29.99 | LEGO: The Hobbit
$33.49 | LEGO: Movie Videogame
$05.99 | LEGO: Batman
$07.99 | LEGO: Batman 2 DC Super Heroes
$14.99 | Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
$04.99 | Anarchy Reigns
$04.94 | Alpha Protocol
$04.99 | Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1
$07.49 | Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2
$02.49 | Sonic the Hedgehog 2
$07.49 | Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
$07.49 | The Cave
$04.94 | Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Zombie Driver HD, RBI Baseball 14, came out today on the One.

WAT!

shingi_70

According to Kotaku the sequel to Ryse has been cancelled due to Crytek being near death and horribly mismanaged. Apparently there are also disputes about ownership of the IP and Microsoft sees to want to take the IP to another developer for a sequel.

[quote]
Crytek, the developer behind Crysis and Xbox One launch game Ryse, is having trouble paying employees, and the company has been bleeding staff since March, according to people who work there.

A few months earlier, Crytek had cancelled an original game that was set to enter pre-production. Then, in February, word came down that Crytek would no longer be working with Microsoft to make Ryse 2, according to three employees. Crytek's work on the game was cancelled—because of a conflict over who would own rights to the franchise, those employees say—and Microsoft would no longer be sending them checks.

(When asked about this, Ryse publisher Microsoft sent me a statement saying they have "nothing to announce about the future of the franchise at this time." I don't know whether or not Microsoft can or will make a Ryse sequel with another developer.)/quote]

In addition, from what I hear, the multi-national studio has had to cancel work on multiple games over the past few months, including some original prototypes and a sequel to last fall's Xbox One exclusive, Ryse.

Current and former Crytek employees describe a tense, unstable environment, plagued by poor communication and a number of high-level staff departures at the company's biggest studios in Germany and Britain. In extensive conversations over the past few weeks, developers have described a company in turmoil, where staff openly talk about leaving or looking for new jobs. One employee estimates that some 100 people have left over the past three months

"Suddenly the direction everyone saw us go in was not that clear anymore," one current Crytek employee said in an e-mail. "It was obvious that we didn't have any big time publishers at our back to finance our development... A lot of people started to get frustrated then (and started to look for other work), as the strategy was not clear to the employees

Early last year, Crytek boss Cevat Yerli told VentureBeat they planned to transition to making only free-to-play games, which worried a number of employees, even as they continued working on Ryse and the upcoming Homefront: The Revolution, both $60 console games.P

"Instead of focusing on the core strengths of the company, which would be the [Crytek] engine and innovative PC titles, we simply jumped at every next big thing in the industry," said a Crytek employee. "Except that each time we did, it was a little too late and we were running after our competitors. There's no sense of identity at this point and I think that frustrates both employees and fans."P

At the beginning of March, just after Ryse 2's cancellation, Frankfurt employees didn't receive their checks, according to almost all of the people I spoke with. These payment issues trickled down to other studios at the company, too. Some Crytek UK employees have told me they were only paid 30%-40% of their paychecks, and others have reached out to say they haven't been paid in months. (I've also heard from people who say their friends at Crytek have not been paid in various amounts of time.) Different people have different experiences to share; some say they were paid properly in April and May, while some say they were not. P

Three Frankfurt employees say they've watched Crytek co-founders Cevat and Avni Yerli continue to drive their Ferrari sports cars to work over the past few months, which one source called "a slap in the face" to employees who weren't getting paid on time. One former employee added that the company spent a ton of money on expensive chairs, laptop bags, and other studio perks, including first-class flight tickets for high-level employees.

It sounds like no one's adopting Cryengine expect a few people like the Sniper Elite developers. Everyone has invested in their own engines to make games with, on the high end the Unreal 3 licenses have moved to unreal 3 and Unity has taken over the low end of the spectrum. On their development side they've been playing follow the leader on console games for a while now. The going to free to play was also a risky gamble and they only went into genres that were already oversaturated with a ton of games. They have the timepsliiters developer free Radical in their fold and instead of working on a new timesplitters they worked on crysis multiplayer. They acquired most of the Darksiders dev team and they're working on some free to play shooter.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

rallydefault

@shingi_70

I saw that story and I, for one, am kind of upset. I really enjoyed Crytek's games despite the flak they get from most people. I played Crysis 2 and 3 on my PC and loved both of them, and I honestly enjoyed Ryse so much that I've played through it a couple times! I really hope Microsoft can get that license for Ryse, as I'd love to see a sequel in the future. I don't get the whole "it's just an interactive cutscene" garbage that people spew about Crytek's games. It sounds like that's coming from people who never actually played the games.

rallydefault

shingi_70

@rallydefault

It sucks since Ryse 2 would have been a 2016 game. My guess is that Microsoft is waiting to see if they're doing to go into bankruptcy and have its assets broken up like THQ and 38 Studios did. That wait Microsoft could buy the IP as well as the development team like they did with the Rise of Nations IP.

Another World is out on the Xbox Store for $7.99

Valient Hearts is on the store but not for purchase for some reason, but it will be $14.99 when it launches.

Tomorrow Contrast should be coming out as well.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic