Forums

Topic: Tommoro I might be getting an xbox 360.

Posts 41 to 60 of 76

Pogocoop

Well... THe good news is I got it... The bad news , It came with no game and no controller ._.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Machu

DON'T DO IIIIT! xD

EDIT: OH, YOU BOUGHT ONE, WELL, JUST USE IT AS A DOORSTOP, MMKAY

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Pogocoop

Machu wrote:

DON'T DO IIIIT! xD

EDIT: OH, YOU BOUGHT ONE, WELL, JUST USE IT AS A DOORSTOP, MMKAY

That may be its only use unless I get a controller ;_;

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

TheBaconator

Hmm if I were you I would've waited for the Halo Reach bundle with the new console so you don't have to use a cable that connects the xbox to the router. Plus you'd be getting a 1 year gold subscription, 2 controllers, and the game. But it is obvious that you didn't want to put that much money into it.

Anyway I strongly recommend just getting a wired controller. They are $20-30 cheaper and the wireless controllers drain battery power in a flash.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

TheBaconator

the shpydar wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

and the wireless controllers drain battery power in a flash.

Not compared to the Wiimote! =)

Really? I always put my batteries that my Xbox dried up into my Wiimote and got 15-45 minutes of playtime with it.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

the_shpydar

In my experience, the Wiimote drinks battery power like it's iced tea on a hot summer day. The annoying thing with the 360 controller is that you get that "low battery" flashing on the controller when the battery is only like 1/2 or 3/4 drained, so even when you think it's about to die it still has quite a few hours left in it.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Machu

My Wii-mote lasts ages off it's battery pack, it's cool.

Stop using batteries people, NOW!. No need, and they suck, for the planet n shiz.

oh, and 360 sux xP

Rawr!

the_shpydar

Yeah, yeah, 'Chu, we all know of your 360 hate. Feel free to miss out on plenty of awesome games. =D
By the way, off-topic, have you picked up or checked out the Lost Season 6 DVD? I haven't and am curious about the additional Hurley-as-Jacob stuff.

I actually picked up rechargeable AAs for my Wiimote after realizing how quickly the thing drains batteries (and have the rechargeable packs and station for my 360). Rechargeables are defintiely the best way to go.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Machu

Ha, I don't hate it, jeez, it's just a console. More... I have no use for it, between PC and Wii I have everything I need and have time for.

as for Lost, it is dead to me. :[ I recently deleted the entire thing from my hard drive and have thrown all the discs I made. I shan't re-watch it, ever, and am unconcerned as to any extras. The last ten minutes destroyed the entire series for me, but I've told you that already. /shame

Rawr!

Aviator

Wait, you didn't like Lost? I thought it was good.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Pogocoop

ballkirby1 wrote:

Hmm if I were you I would've waited for the Halo Reach bundle with the new console so you don't have to use a cable that connects the xbox to the router. Plus you'd be getting a 1 year gold subscription, 2 controllers, and the game. But it is obvious that you didn't want to put that much money into it.

Anyway I strongly recommend just getting a wired controller. They are $20-30 cheaper and the wireless controllers drain battery power in a flash.

Where exactly would I get one of these?

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

The_Fox

pogocoop wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

Where exactly would I get one of these?

Do you mean the bundle he is talking about or the controller? The Reach bundle won't be out until Tuesday but if it's the controller you're referring to you can find them online for pretty cheap. eBay is always a good place to look, as is Amazon.com.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

the_shpydar

@Chu
Heh, i didn't mean "hate"-hate. But yeah, i guess if you do PC gaming then the 360 is less "neccessary", since pretty much every game of consequence these days gets also Windows/PC release.
And of course, i did know how you felt on Lost what with the finale and all, but wondered if you'd warmed back up to it again. Guess not, lol. You know i disagree, but i certainly understand.

@pogo
You should be able to find wired controllers in most any place that sells games/consoles (GaneStop, Best Buy, etc etc). Though some smaller stores have limited stock since the wireless ones are more standard.

The Shpydarloggery

Pogocoop

All the stores with in a 100 mile radius of me are pretty small :/ Most don't even carry games, I suppose I shall buy one off ebay.

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Tasuki

the shpydar wrote:

In my experience, the Wiimote drinks battery power like it's iced tea on a hot summer day. The annoying thing with the 360 controller is that you get that "low battery" flashing on the controller when the battery is only like 1/2 or 3/4 drained, so even when you think it's about to die it still has quite a few hours left in it.

I usually just play untill the controller turns off cause of a dead battery that way I know I am used it all up.

As for places to get a controller you can also go to Bestbuy.com or Gamestop.com

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Pogocoop

Well, Bought A Pelican brand, Contoller with a cord off ebay, Hope it gets here soon. Also, I'm hopefully winning and auction on a banjo and kazooie nuts and bolts, Bundled with Vivia Pinata. I liked the previous Banjo and Kazooie games, But I hear this one got some negitivaty for not being like the other games. Did I make the right choice?

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

WolfRamHeart

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is different than the previous two games but it is still a good game. I think Viva Pinata is fantastic so it is definitely worth it. I actually got my copy of the Nuts & Bolts/Viva Pinata bundle a while back on eBay too. I hope that you win it.

WolfRamHeart

SwerdMurd

@Mahcu - Lost shoulda been dead to you from the first minute of the first episode...but I suppose it's better late than never, eh?

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Pogocoop

WolfRamHeart wrote:

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is different than the previous two games but it is still a good game. I think Viva Pinata is fantastic so it is definitely worth it. I actually got my copy of the Nuts & Bolts/Viva Pinata bundle a while back on eBay too. I hope that you win it.

Thank you wolf

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.