Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 3,237

V8_Ninja

Less than 5 minutes till new sales! My heart's beating faster...

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

V8_Ninja

And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent, and Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale all for $5? AUTOMATIC GET!!!

HolyMackerel

Wow, Defense Grid going for insanely cheap. Will buy.

I would seriously consider buying the L4D2 6-pack if most of my friends didn't already have it. That's a great deal for an awesome game. You guys should consider getting it if you haven't already.

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

V8 Ninja wrote:

And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent, and Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale all for $5? AUTOMATIC GET!!!

I knew my Wishlist was missing a game. Bought it right up. The rest don't interest me, but I cannot say no.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

V8_Ninja

Terra wrote:

Done and gifted my good man. Enjoy

Again, thank you. I definitely will.

edhe

Is there an efficient way of browsing the wishlists of your friends, or am I goin to have to open up notepad and jot down every game on every one of my friends' lists?

Also, I compiled my wishlist, partly because I want the chance to be rewarded one of these free games, and partly so I can keep track of games that I may intend to buy in the future. They include:

1) Beat Hazard
2) Recettear (have the demo, am pleased enough with it)
3) Dead Rising 2 (ever since I saw the commercial with the man on the little tricycle...)
4) Empire: Total War (the base game is a whopping 15 GB!)
5) Poker Night at the Inventory
6) DeathSpank
7) DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue (I hear they're very funny)
8) The Guild 2 (I hear it's pretty bad, but I might give it a chance after a bit more research - I'll definitely accept it if steam awarded me it)
9) Deus Ex: GOTY Edition
10) Borderlands
11) Beat Hazard - iTunes unlock (for the purposes of the whole promotion, I'll be willing to fork over the 70p to buy this on my own)
12) Space Giraffe

Edit. Augh! I just spied that "Indie Story Pack", and I can effectively get Recettear for £3.99. I don't really want the other games in the pack...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

HolyMackerel

@edhe Puzzle Agent is great. So is And Yet It Moves.

I would get the Indie Story pack, but I already have both of those games and it's senseless to buy them twice.

edhe wrote:

Is there an efficient way of browsing the wishlists of your friends, or am I goin to have to open up notepad and jot down every game on every one of my friends' lists?

Nope, the Steam Community site is a little badly designed. I click "View All Games" and it shows me only my recently-played games, when I want to view all of my games (of course)!

Ooh, but why do you want to keep track of your friends' wish lists?

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

AYIM is a platformer puzzle. You have to rotate the game world to change the direction of gravity so can you move stuff and go places you normally wouldn't be able to.

Puzzle Agent is pretty much Professor Layton in rural America. You solve brainteasers and things. It's got a darker government agent/thriller aesthetic though.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

AYIM is a platformer puzzle. You have to rotate the game world to change the direction of gravity so can you move stuff and go places you normally wouldn't be able to.

Puzzle Agent is pretty much Professor Layton in rural America.

And Yet it Moves = <3
Puzzle Agent = </3

And Jolly Roger looks good, too. Sure, it's an obvious Secret of Monkey Island clone with a script that's not quite as good and anthropomorphic dogs, but it still might end up being a fun bonus.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ravage

Mickeymac wrote:

V8+Ninja wrote:

I knew my Wishlist was missing a game. Bought it right up. The rest don't interest me, but I cannot say no.

Exactly what I`m probably doing. I already have And yet It Moves and Puzzle Agent; the only two games of 3 that I even know anything about.
So here is my question, do you think Recettear will go on sale by itself for less than $5 at some point?

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

HolyMackerel

Sorry for my edit. I thought I should explain PA a bit more than "it's Prof Layton lol". It's quite enjoyable, but if you didn't like Layton then there's no chance you'd like it.

Big Sale News!!

The 30 Days of Telltale are beginning! http://www.telltalegames.com/30daysoftelltale Each day there's a new offer at the Telltale store. Today's deal: 50% off everything in the Telltale games store!

If any of you don't have the Sam & Max series, I highly suggest you purchase them now.

HolyMackerel

edhe

Terra wrote:

I bought into that Indie bundle pack. That is a REALLY good deal for those games.

Ok guys, I'm willing to make a deal with people on the multipack offer for Puzzle Quest 2, as I can't just keep giving out free games like I'm offering with HL2 (Although that was a lot cheaper to be fair). There's 10 copies in a pack, which roughly equates to £2.79 a copy, while individually it is £7.99. So if I bought this one as well, would any of you be willing to gift me a low priced game in exchange?

I'll take you up on that. What would you say [to] "Future Wars"?

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

HolyMackerel

Ah well. I already have every Telltale Game up until the end of S&M: Devil's Playhouse thanks to that crazy Steam sale during summer, and I have the Back To the Future series already preordered.

I'm going to snap up the Sam & Max soundtrack bundle and the Surfin' the Highway paperback comic collection. There's more than games in the store, FYI.

P.S. The Back To the Future game and Poker Night At the Inventory aren't counted in the sale.

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

@Terra I might be interested in swapping a low-priced game for Puzzle Quest 2. You looking for anything? I have access to the US store and I don't get charged VAT. And gifting games across regions does work.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Ristar is total class, I'd be willing to trade that with you. I'm not sure if it's equivalent value though - it's listed as US$2.99 and I can't find the GBP price. Let me know if you gather enough people to do the multipack purchase.

HolyMackerel

edhe

Terra wrote:

@edhe - You sure about offering that for PQ2? For that money, you might as well buy PQ2 separately. I'd be happy with something cheaper like Eversion. Poker Night or heck, even Alex Kidd.

I'm OK with that. Do you want Future Wars?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.