Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,621 to 9,640 of 16,083

Octane

@Dezzy Well, the reviews are all over the place, and Metacritic only counts the review for the system it's reviewed on. There's a 4.0 from Telegraph that drags the PS4 score down.

Octane

CanisWolfred

@MisterPi Yeah, the amount of random junk to collect seems unnecessary, and kind of a turn off, if I'm being honest. It was cool 5-10 years ago, but now I think I'd rather the devs just focus on designing fun pissions to play. Some of it makes sense considering the source material, and isn't much different from previous Spider-Man games handled it, but it just seems too densely packed, and I can't help but think they could've used that time and resources to add at least a few more interesting missions in their place. I certainly would've preferred that, at least.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

@Octane

Lol. Luckily Tomb Raider doesn't really have a cultish fanbase so that reviewer will probably be spared from the internet's wrath.

Imagine if that had been like a Witcher game or something. Lol Telegraph would be offline already.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Cobalt

@link3710 Yes IT WAS ! The PS4 rules the entire year ! Insane.

Cobalt

Dezzy

@Cobalt @link3710

It was on PC too. They removed it from Steam a few weeks ago, which should've hinted at this.

I'm still waiting for the FF13 trilogy remaster that I was sure we would be getting. They still haven't made them backwards compatible on Xbone and that seems like the only reason why they wouldn't.

SuperLuigi111

Spider-Man has been taking up all of my time, and so far is better than any movie produced.

SuperLuigi111

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Yeah I've still been waiting for the FF13 trilogy remaster on any platform. Technically all but the base 13 are BC on XBox One......I may end up just buying the BC versions of the 2 sequels and trying to pretend the base didn't exist. But I'm holding off assuming PS4 or Swithc gets a full remaster. Guess that's not happening.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

At least they're all on PC, though I don't know if the ports are any good.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Green-

FF13 was such a weird game. The last fourth or fifth of that game was ridiculous in enemies. Those behemoth things found commonly in the overworld were so much stronger than the gods in that world.

I'll never forget how the giant long necks found literally on the way to the final boss was substantially more difficult than the final boss itself. The leveling went out the window near the end.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

I'm 99% sure none of the trilogy is backwards compatible. Technically or otherwise.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy You're right, I just checked the BC list and it's not on there. I swore on the page I didn't get a "not compatible" warning browsing on the X1. Interesting.

Which then makes me wonder why Square is sitting on. Unless they just want to bury 13. Which isn't really a bad plan.....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Dezzy I know, 13 was going to be release but then 13-2 came into contact with a Fal'cie from Pulse and became a L'Cie but lost their Focus and became a Cie'th so Lightening Returns was Purged because of Cocoons on NORA's Snow Hope?

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

Oh good, so we can talk about how Square-Enix removed the PC version of The Last Remnant just so they could sell it again on PS4 with a new logo? Because that seems to have been what they've done. It doesn't even look much different.

Here's a screenshot of the PS4 Version: https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/1578/15787979...

Here's a screenshot of a similar scene from the PC version: https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/gamespot/images/...

From 2009. And the game wasn't exactly pushing the envelope graphics-wise back then, IIRC...

I also wanted to mention that a new Digimon Story game was confirmed to be in development (source).

I'm sure no one else here cares, but I honestly that Digimon Survive had taken the place of Digimon Story, and since I really liked both Digimon Story games, but Digimon Survive has no appeal to me, I'm really glad to hear that I there are still Digimon games I can look forward to. I'd hate to think they'd trade such a good series just for a Devil Survivor clone.

...which I gotta be honest, I don't like Devil Survivor anymore. I was really into it at first because it seemed unique and edgy, and I liked how they incorporated traditional party-based gameplay into a Strategy RPG, but the way they handled the stuff between battles just stressed me out too much, I could never complete it. Not because it was hard or I got stuck, but because I was afraid of my choices coming back to bite me in ways I couldn't foresee. Eventually I tried to follow a guide, but then that killed the difficulty of the strategy parts, since I had the answers right in front of me. Same thing happened with Persona 3, the way they handled the school/life segments just felt far too restrictive for me actually enjoy. I don't care how realistic or unique it is, it just goes against why I play video games - to deal with a series of immediate challenges in fun way, while interacting with and exploring worlds and characters I would never encounter in real life. I want to feel like I'm a part of that world, but if you make it so I'm going to miss large parts of that world just because I wasn't in the right place, at the right time, or worse: that someone will die due my negligence a chapter or two earlier...the experience becomes too real. Those are the parts of this world I'm trying to escape from.

Digimon always represented the perfect escape for me, and having fun video games that let me explore their world just like I always wanted was a dream come true. But Digimon Survive looks like it intends to buck that trend - to create a Digital World I'd never want to escape to. Now I at least have the piece of mind to know it didn't kill the ones I already loved to make it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

I think the fact that none of them are backwards compatible surely means they're doing a trilogy remaster. There's no other explanation for it. They have other Square Enix games that are backwards compatible so the company isn't categorically opposed. And it would make them money because plenty of people buy the digital version.
Unless there's some kind of technical issue that meant they couldn't get them to run on Xbone, which seems unlikely, especially for FF13 given that its so linear, it seems like an impending remaster trilogy is the only explanation.

Dezzy

@Octane

I think $40. So that includes 2 story DLC for the game and 2 remasters (both of which are new to PS4)

link3710

@CanisWolfred They announced the new Digimon Story and Digimon Survive at the same time. I don't know why people are just noticing that Story was announced too now.

@NEStalgia I literally can't make heads or tails of that word salad. Is that FF XIII stuff meant to be serious...?

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic