Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,601 to 9,620 of 16,083

Dezzy

I'd love to see a Thor game based on the same kind of Arkham/Spiderman formula. His variety of powers could make for an interesting game.
It'd be the most interesting take on how to do the quick traversal of a map. Swinging the hammer round and then being flung off after it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Let's hope SE's Avengers game is any good. It has a lot of potential, but it depends on how they're going to tackle it. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action though.

Octane

TuVictus

Was given to the s.o. as a birthday gift. It's super satisfying to play. Reminds me of when I first got God of War. Though that is still the best exclusive for me this one is a close runner up.

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy Let's hope SE's Avengers game is any good. It has a lot of potential, but it depends on how they're going to tackle it. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action though.

The what now?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Deku-Scrub

CanisWolfred wrote:

Octane wrote:

The what now?

Square Enix last year announced that they were developing an Avengers game with Marvel, they said more details would come this year but so far there has been no information outside of the initial press announcement:

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment.

A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018

Edited on by Deku-Scrub

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

BenGrimm

I’d settle for a bigger better Ultimate Alliance type game.

BenGrimm

CanisWolfred

BenGrimm wrote:

I’d settle for a bigger better Ultimate Alliance type game.

Same.

@Deku-Scrub Okay, I missed the previous announcement, and the fact they haven't said anything else since then explains why, when I looked it up, all I got were rumors that never came to pass. Made me think people were talking about a rumored announcement of a game rather than just people desperately looking for details on an actually confirmed game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

Squenix has so much on their plate right now wouldn't be surprised if the Avengers games ends up on next gen consoles. Really hope they do it justice. The ultimate alliance games were great fun when I played them years ago likewise how they can teach that level.

In the mean time we got spiderman which is sublime to play

redd214

-Green-

Square Enix is such a weird thing. Its name alone encompasses every known emotion, and even those foreign to us.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

Apparently Sony is doing a TGS livestream tomorrow if I understand it correctly. Expect more trailers, and maybe a surprise announcement from Japan Studio or SE in the best case. And a bunch of VR games probably. Last year's TGS show was so weird and quirky, I kinda liked it. But all I remember is the VR cat game...

@CanisWolfred Well, the Avengers game was the big thing everyone tuned in for during E3, but that never happened. So who knows what's going on with that project. It has some big names behind it, so it could be good, but SE is also behind it, so you never know

Octane

CanisWolfred

@Octane If you mean this then I have no clue. It sounds like a pre-show thing, but...traveling around on a Dualshock Spaceship? Exploring the Vast Universe that represents the world of Playstation? It sounds so goofy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred Goofy is kinda synonymous with their TGS shows, so that works. And yeah, it's that show. It was rumoured that Square Enix is going to show a bunch of games at the TGS showfloor, well, they literally have four slots that say ''unannounced game''. And people pointed to the fact that those games get revealed before the convention starts (makes sense). And since Sony is the only company doing a conference, they speculated it was going to be at Sony's. But that this point it's speculation, based on speculation, based on a rumour, based on speculation.

Though you have to wonder why they didn't pick the OG PS4 as their spaceship, considering the noise it can make

Octane

Dezzy

It's also been exactly 1 month since the Red Dead 2 trailer and it's about 7 weeks from launch.

We'll surely see the next trailer this week at some point.

NEStalgia

You know the more i think about it destiny 2 isn't such a great osn freebie after all. It's no longer for sale apparently, but to stay up to date you need forsaken for$40 which needs the first 2 packs for$20..... Or for the same 60 you get the legendary edition which includes the base game. So not much of a freebie. Or even a discount. Might as well get it on xbox

Spidey is pretty good. A little samey to Batman and such in some ways but has that insomniac magic that takes the same general systems the Activision games had but somehow makes them fun

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Yeah, the base game of Destiny is more or less a demo of the game at this point.

Octane

Tasuki

@NEStalgia @Octane It was clearly given out with PS+ in hopes of people buying the latest expansion, nothing more. Activision knew that they couldn't get anything more for the base game, sales numbers aren't exact what they were hoping so they figure the give us a sample for free and hopefully people will get hooked and buy the latest expansion.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@Tsurii If it's anything like the first Destiny, not much. Once an expansion comes out the udates the do and new stuff makes it basically impossible to play the base game so the only thing you can do is get the expansion. It was one of the main complaints it Destiny.

It's not like WoW for example where you just get locked out of new stuff and can still play the old stuff

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Dezzy

Shadow of the Tomb Raider has a 6 point metacritic gap between PS4 and Xbox versions.

Unless the versions are actually different, that's an unusual failure of random sampling to converge on an average value.

TuVictus

Bf has been playing Spiderman over the weekend. I'm impressed by how smooth it feels, but I suck at it. Also kinda tired of the whole open world formula in general so I was put off by the whole "Click R3 to see all the stuff you can do" thing. But they really nailed the gameplay/callbacks.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic