Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 8,021 to 8,040 of 11,250

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia XBL is a bit more complicated. If you get the Gold subscription you keep the free 360 games even if the subscription expires but unless you have a 360 console yourself you can't get those 360 games without a debit/credit card attached to your Microsoft account. The free XB1 games work the same as PS4 though (you only have access when you have the Gold subscription).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano hmm, that's complicated. How for games that are compatible with x1?

Technically i do have an x360 but it's not hooked up. At least the x1 games are the same.

Both services are better than I'd thought.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia All 360 Games With Gold games are compatible with XB1. The debit/credit card thing is an awkward thing Microsoft introduced when they got rid of Microsoft points.

When Microsoft points were a thing, you could login to the Xbox site and get something on the site with Microsoft points (or just download if it was free) and the game/DLC would be ready to install when you switched on your console. As soon as Microsoft points were replaced with real currency, you could only get stuff (paid and free) on the Xbox site if you had a debit/credit card attached to your Microsoft account. Then when backwards compatibility was introduced on XB1, the 360 games/DLC on the XB1 store followed the same rules as the Xbox site post-Microsoft points.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano weird. Well I'm not a fan of keeping me card on file for more than necessary places and utilities and such..... PlayStation now let's you set PayPal as a default method like Google does. Does ms? (Which is good with ps considering they're likely who compromised my old card to make me paranoid to begin with... )

NEStalgia

Dezzy

PSN uses paypal really easily too. It's like one click.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

CanisWolfred

PS4 version of Paragon's a hot mess right now. I have had exactly 1 match in the last 20 or so that didn't have at least one crash on either team, if not 4 or more. It's freakin' infuriating...although, it's also hilarious if your team still somehow wins a 3v5 match. Then again, it's a bit hard to tell if someone's experiencing crippling lag, which I've seen happen (and experienced myself), even without it being the fault of one's own connection. With more talk about how they'll probably have to slow down updates, and resources have been diverted to Fortnite (seriously, how and when did that game get so popular???), it's not looking great for a game that I was having a lot of fun with, and still do, when I'm not encountering technical issues...or Kwang. Seriously, this guy has been nerfed twice recently, AND they reworked a card that worked too well for him, yet he still seems overpowered...a tank should not be this powerful, and a brawler should not require the entire team to deal with. Rediculous.

Heck, earlier today I finally played The Countess in PVP - pretty much the character I had been wanting to play since I started this game - in the afformentioned match where no one crashed.

You see, The Countess is probably the squishiest character in the game, her range is limited compared to other midlane casters, and she has very little escape potential to boot. I've had plenty of matches where I've bullied Countess players off the lane, simply because it's just that easy. The trade-off is supposed to be that she's the epitome of a glass cannon - she hits really, really hard. If she can sneak up on someone, it's entirely possible she could delete a character with only a few abilities. Heck, pick the write target and I found I could take out an enemy from full health without using my ultimate, once I equipped the right cards and our team got a few jungle buffs. The problem is getting to that point, since it's not hard for enemies to simply dive a group and attack a character that they know will go down faster than any other, even more essential if doing so leaves them without a powerful weapon for the rest of the teamfight.

This match at least had the perfect storm: My team had a great frontline-tank, a fantastic support who is perfect for protecting team members with low mobility (AKA our entire team) and was always where they needed to be, a decent DPS carry; and lastly, we had a jungler who clearly had no idea what he was doing, and basically spent half the match wandering the map, probably trying to figure out where they were. Combine that with an enemy team that consisted entirely of squishy carries and assassins, and I was killing it. Some of them also didn't have a clue what they were doing (I had to deal with a revolving door of enemies in the mid lane early in the match, which just meant none of them were farming as much as they needed to), which I exploited the heck out of.

If nothing else....I got what I came for. I guess It's okay if I take a break for a while, and wait out the storm.

...after I get the special Greystone Skin tomorrow. I'm so close...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Dezzy

MisterPi wrote:

Revelations two is a blast
I especially love that each person has their own role in co op play. It makes it feel way more impactful as a second player

Yep. Although the little girl is creeping me out. No spoilers though please.

I think Revelations 2 is probably the closest game to RE4 in the series. Although clearly the inferior game by a fair bit. The pacing and world design is noway near as good as RE4. The horror level is just right though. Feels very close to the original PS1 games in its atmosphere and mood.

The 2 Revelations games really should've replaced RE5 and RE6.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Ralizah

Started The Witness last night (on PC, but whatever, it's the same game as on PS4)

I'll give it more time before I give up on it, obviously, but... is this it? You just... walk around a pretty but barren open world, devoid of interactivity sans line puzzles? I get that environmental cues figure into a lot of the puzzles, and yeah, it's kind of clever, but couldn't this have just been a linear game where you complete a series of increasingly complex puzzles? I feel like this was made an open world to artificially extend the playtime by forcing the player to walk around and find puzzles they understand how to complete.

Like I said, I'll keep playing. Other than the horrible slow boat I found, I haven't exactly hated it so far. I like puzzles, after all.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

but couldn't this have just been a linear game where you complete a series of increasingly complex puzzles? I feel like this was made an open world to artificially extend the playtime by forcing the player to walk around and find puzzles they understand how to complete.

No, just keep playing.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

but couldn't this have just been a linear game where you complete a series of increasingly complex puzzles? I feel like this was made an open world to artificially extend the playtime by forcing the player to walk around and find puzzles they understand how to complete.

No, just keep playing.

Really? I got the same impression Ralizah did, but then again...I don't like puzzles. I only put up with them in games where they're the roadblocks to more interesting content. I'm guessing it's just not my type of game in general. Which is a shame, since I liked Myst, but maybe that's just because I liked the story and atmosphere, so I had enough motivation to put up with with the otherwise-tedious puzzles...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred How far did you get into the game? And did you find out what the obelisks were about?

Octane

NEStalgia

So I've discovered the Flash Sale. How often do they tend to do that? That was pretty cool, especially since I missed some of that stuff as freebies.

Also, I love Dissidia...wish it was coming to Switch. I'd never play it on PS4, but I'd play it tons on Switch.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

I'm just walking away from puzzles that feel too overwhelming or involved right now, even if they're at the end of a sequence I've otherwise completed. It's too bad there's not a way to track which puzzles you've seen but not completed.

It really is pretty, though. Another example of a game that benefited tremendously from ditching a realistic visual aesthetic. The vivid colors remind me of The Wind Waker.

I mean, the environment itself is pretty boring. No weather or interactivity at all. But I appreciate good eye candy.

I should look and see if there's a mod to speed up that boat. Got on it yesterday, told it to travel to a location not horrendously far from where I was, and it probably took a good five minutes to get there. Now I'm apparently stuck in the area unless I go back on the awful boat.

At least there's no boring cutscenes. Just wandering around and completing puzzles. I like the simplicity of that.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Ralizah

@NEStalgia PS4 has sales pretty much constantly. If you like, I'll post whenever they're up.

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Ohh, that would be nice! At least until I get into the rhythm of when they do it (and get into reading PushSquare.) I've never really gotten into the digital side of PS, but it's pretty addictive now that I've discovered it.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

@NEStalgia Usually it's new sales on Tuesdays, plus occasional Flash sales on either weekends (or Thursdays?) or Holidays. They usually post big ones in the offical Playstation Blog, which is where I used to check before I decided to just...slow down on purchases for a while. Did pretty good last year.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@Ralizah You know you can speed the boat up, right?

Also think that all of them are mandatory if you want to complete the game, and the game does track your completion status and even the location of important puzzles, you just need to be a little observant...

The island isn't too big fortunately, so you'll know your way around it sooner than later.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane I did speed up the boat, but it refused to stay on the highest setting. And yeah, it tracks the number of puzzles I've completed, but that doesn't help much. Where do you see the locations of important puzzles? The only map I've found so far was on the boat.

Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Part of the game is discovering it yourself I think, so I'm not going to spoil anything (unless you really want me to).

That's weird. It should stay on the highest setting. Did the boat stop, or did it slow down on its own and go to a lower setting? I've had times when I accidentally cancelled the puzzle by pressing X too early, make sure you go all the way to the end point.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic