Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,041 to 8,060 of 16,083

NEStalgia

@Octane Second Son is the weakest entry story wise and character wise (and game length wise.) It's middle in environment. Can't top the brooding city of the first one as atmosphere. That felt like a very twisted city in which something very wrong was lurking within the very walls despite looking fine. When you were in the dark it felt like darkness was swallowing the world. The second one just became "bug monsters in a colorful action flick" but had interesting character interactions. The world had the opposite mood. Second Son just got odd in that it was a more "real world" world rather than trying to go for any mood other than oppression. But I'd say Second Son was probably the strongest in actually firefights and navigation. It controlled well and the world was seamless. Much more than the PS3 games. It was too short though.

@MisterPi Old Dissidia was a fighting game. NT is a team-based combat-brawl-map-control-thing. Almost MOBA-meets-Splatoon in a way. I only played the beta but I thought it was a really good game with really bad netcode. The lag was tangible. But the game itself seems very deep and fun. Can't compare to Smash though....like Splatoon you have to play with your team and help when they're attacked or join in to double the attack etc. It's kind of unique. It was designed for one of those multi-cabinet LAN multiplayer arcade setups. It's been pretty popular in Japanese arcades for the past year.

NEStalgia

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Nekoo77 Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection, Uncharted 4 & Uncharted The Lost Legacy- just go all in, you won't regret it .
Final Fantasy XV has a real time battle system similar to Kingdom Hearts so I'd recommend that too and you can't go wrong with The Witcher 3 either.

If you enjoy Bloodborne, make sure to check out Nioh.

If you like JRPGs, you'll love Persona 5.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@NEStalgia Yup, that's what I've been told before. My biggest issue what the repetition near the end of the game, especially if you tried to clear the whole city. Regardless, I did enjoy it. And it did spark an interest in 'superhero' games. It's one of the reasons why I'm now looking forward to Spider-Man.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane Yeah, the "post-game" stuff was even more repetitious than the main game which can be repetitious on its own.

The same happened to me with the first in the series, and I went looking at other superhero games. What I discovered was that even though on the surface it's a superhero series, it's somehow DIFFERENT than the actual comic based games. There's something special in inFamous's DNA that even the monotone, depthless Delsin couldn't quite crush.

Still, I dream of a return of gritty Cole. Plus lightening powers are way more fun than uninspired fire powers.....

EDIT: Also, the beginning of Second Son was "dude discovers powers, and goes on quest for family"...kinda generic. The first one the start of the game was you literally just EXPLODED and took out a whole city district with you....and dragged your charred, injured, but somehow still living self out of the giant crater you just created only to discover you can throw the police cars that are there to get you after you just blew up half a city, with lightening bolts shot from your hands, only to get captured by very shady federal agents and the entire city is dark with all electricity out (and fortunately you're a walking turbine....and you bring the power back on one district at a time.) The tone going in was just so much more "wow."

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Starburst

@Fight_Teza_Fight I love bloodborne so ill check out Nioh for sure, thanks for the recommendations!

@Octane @NEStalgia Second soon looks pretty fun, and its cheap. Ill probably give it a go. Is there no way to play the first 2 on ps4?

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

NEStalgia

@Nekoo77 Sadly they never made a remastered edition of them, which kind of surprises me since they made a big deal of Second Son as a launch title. I guess they've given up on the series for now (Cole's story ended in 2, and it seems like they weren't sure where to go with it after that, and it didn't become a huge money maker. )

And since there's no backward compatibility it can't directly play, however there is a way to play them IF you have good internet capable of streaming gameplay: PS Now does include both inFamous 1 & 2. So for a $10/mo one month subscription you could play them and then cancel the sub when you're done. If you play Second Son and decide you really want to see the rest of the series there's that. But, it's streamed so input lag is a thing.

NEStalgia

Starburst

@NEStalgia That is very surprising actually cause ive heard a lot about the series. Hopefully they do one of these days cause I really don't want to stream it lol

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

CanisWolfred

Been playing a lot of Warframe lately, which is a free-2-play Action MMO. (Yeah, I'm still on an F2P kick. So sue me, I wanted something new to try, and I also need to save money to move to a new apartment)

Currently on Mercury, and I've almost unlocked Mars by now. It's been pretty fun. A fair bit of variety to the enemy types, as well as 20+ mission types so it doesn't get stale too quickly. Honestly, my only complaints so far as the fact that one mission type can only be played with a group. I've only encountered two of these so far, but it's disappointing considering how much I've managed to enjoy playing Solo. I was ready to treat it like a singleplayer game with optional Multiplayer, but no! I'll just save those for last, I think. No need to ruin a good thing just yet...

EDIT: Okay, I was actually able to beat one of them? It was the Grineer, mind you...they aren't very bright, and basically only ever attacked the ones I was near...it didn't work out that way in the others I tried before...oh well, Venus is complete!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

@Nekoo77

Don't play FFXV yet. See my latest post in the Final Fantasy thread for details.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WebHead

-tries to be patient for Spider-Man-

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TuVictus

Dissidia is just chaotic enough for me to enjoy it! I haven't touched the advanced techniques yet, though, so let's see if it can hold me

TuVictus

Dezzy

@WebHead
When does it come out?

Octane

@Dezzy At E3 they said that any trailer that had a 2018 release window would come out in the first half of this year. Though he said ''12 or 13 months'', which could also mean July. But that's what they said last year:

Shawn Layden wrote:

And the stuff coming in 2018, all of that is coming in the first half of the year, so. Is it in the next 12 to 13 months? Most likely. So.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Ok, so in the second half of the year then.

Octane

@Dezzy Insomniac is already playing through the game from start till finish. They're in the final stages. It could easily release in May or June. I don't expect a release date until March or April either way.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Um...
Quick question about PS1 Memory card.
Is PS1 Memory Card Region Locked ?
I want to play Japanese PS1 games on Japanese PS2 Slim.
Is PS1 Memory Card can be last long, even i bought Used condition from Ebay ?

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

I think this might be the wrong thread. You want the one from 20 years ago.

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
Um...
I'm planning to Rebuy Original PS1 games again after i had played them in pirated copies long time ago (when i was teen 20 years ago). I felt guilty by playing pirated copies, so i scrapped All my pirated ps1 games (More than 50 copies) and start Clean slate, back to zero again.
I have to make sure i buy Right PS1 Memory card (based on the region) from Ebay before i buy Used Original PS1 games.
So, can you help me ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Gamer83

@Octane
Saw that recently. Very interesting. It doesn't matter what kind of game we're talking about, I love to explore every bit of it, so this optional boss thing could be really awesome for people who play the game that way.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic