Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,161 to 7,180 of 16,083

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

I want to purchase their DLC , but i'm afraid if i have to go PSN menu straightly with Tons of rated M games pop up on the screen ( i will be so upset and disgusted).

And this is the reason why i still Half-heartedly with ps4. The PSN Menu looks so disgusting to me due to tons of rated M games on the psn buy menu.

You may be overestimating how many M-rated thumbnail images exist.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haruki_NLI

@Anti-Matter Unfortunately the search feature wont alleviate that either.

The fastest way to find a game with DLC is to manually search for it (Because the rest of the store is a mess) but the catch is the search function has no filters. You get a long list of content including tv and movie shows with no dividers between em or images thrown in randomly.

And the actual search is a vertical list of letters and numbers. You select one and then another list of all possible letters and numbers comes up next, rinse and repeat.

Honestly the PS Store is one of the worst digital store fronts Ive seen in my life.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

@JaxonH Thanks for the recommendations! I actually got the bundle with VR worlds but was so excited to try Re7 that I haven't even touched it. Now that I know there's some amazing stuff to see in it, I'll be trying it out in my reclining chair haha

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

@BLP_Software
If i am in the game, let's say Portal Knights ps4. While i am playing Portal Knights, I click the DLC button, will i transfered straightly to PSN Purchase menu that directly show Only Portal Knights DLC and my money to buy without disturbed by any appearance of inappropriate games thumbnails from PSN menu ?

Because, i noticed from 3DS, I have ever bought Fantasy Life DLC from the game that straightly transfered to E-shop purchase menu with Only Fantasy Life DLC shown, no other e-shop games appear.

Anti-Matter

Haruki_NLI

@Anti-Matter I dont know honestly. I assume so?

Anti-Matter

Oh, i have studied about Master Account and Sub Account.
Anyway, if i own ps4 for first time, my account by default will be Master Account, right ?
Is there any way to set Age Restriction on Master Account ? Because as far i know, only on Sub Account i can put Restrictions.

And being a Master Account , can i disable user's feed so whenever i highlight What's New, it will never shown any user's activity that might contain inappropriate games thumbnails ?

I need someone can help me to set my ps4 with Very Strict rules so i can play my ps4 Safely without get disturbed by user's activity / feed, any rated M games thumbs appearance from What's Now / PlayStation Store / Recommended for you, etc.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

There really is no such thing as M-rated thumbs. This isn't a problem that exists. All games, no matter what their content, keep their promotional material on the storefront very family friendly.
For the reason you're giving.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
Um... the Rated M games thumbs that i mean was the games icon like Square shape like Nintendo Switch E-shop games when you browse the games in PS Store. I don't even want to see Any of them.

I have different treatment with ps4, unlike any Nintendo machines.
Since i will buy ps4 with "Half-Heartedly" feeling, i will "punish" my ps4 with a lot of Restrictions like these :
1. Definetely No Rated M games allowed 100%. I will set Parental Control strictly on Level 5 (Maximum age rating ESRB Teen / CERO B / PEGI 12 ). No More, No Less.
2. No Internet Browsing allowed. I can browsing Google or Youtube from my smartphone or Wii U, not from Sony PS4. Punishment from me.
3. No Free Games from Sony. I would rather get Free Games from Nintendo.
4. No Sharing photos, videos, anything.
5. No PS Plus whatsoever.
6. No PSN Digital download only games. I can buy it on Nintendo Switch e-shop especially for multi release games because i choose Nintendo side more than Sony side. Also, i will avoid accessing "What's New" and "Playstation Store" icons on the Left side Home Menu to not allow any kind "suspicious" images appear on my TV. Since i will Never touch Playstation Store Menu directly, if i have to buy some DLC , i will accessing from the games i play directly and lead to DLC purchase menu without seeing any "suspicious" images of inappropriate rated M games. For adding funds for PSN, I can simply choose Add Funds from Home Menu options on above, redeem the code, finished, no seeing any kind of rated M games appear on my TV.

I "punish" my ps4 like that because i still treat ps4 like a "Dangerous" thing, unlike ps2 / ps1 that in my eyes they are like a Fancy Box. For Nintendo Switch, my Rule just simple, only One restriction : No Rated M games allowed whatsoever, i will set on Level 5 too. The rest , i allowed 100 %, but still under my supervision.

Don't be surprised with me. Like i said from beginning, i am Different. Like No Other. I have different way of thinking in gaming rules.

Anti-Matter

NaviAndMii

@Anti-Matter I doubt you'd see anything worse than what you see in the 'Video Game Character Alphabet' thread here on this forum - and once you've set up an age restricted account, you won't see anything mature at all (even user icons/avatars are age rated)

I think that you'd be quite impressed with how well Sony manage to filter things out...the only issue I can think of might be other players - for example, if someone on your friends list spelled out the 'f-word' using blocks in Minecraft (an otherwise very family-friendly game) and decided to share a screenshot of it, it'd probably show up on your feed - but, if you only add friends who you are sure wouldn't post anything offensive, you should be fine.

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

When I woke up this morning, I had no idea I was going to find out about the "six ways to punish your PS4". Life is quite unpredictable, isn't it?

Octane

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

Are you the first sentient AI?

GrailUK

Well, come 2018, the Push Square forums will be more, umm how to say, passionate.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Anti-Matter It's cool that you're different, but the PS4 is literally just a box you play games on.
I don't see what makes it anymore 'dangerous' than the PS1/PS2.
You control the content.
If the Nintendo Switch continues to be successful it's only a matter of time before you see more M-rated games.

Anyways the two icons that you might want to avoid- even though there is nothing harmful there, are the 'PS Store' and the 'What's New' icons. If you switch off the internet when it's not in use- which I do all the time, those icons will remain blank. You don't see anything. Skip past if you're downloading something.
In regards to your DLC query there is a pretty simple way to only see the DLC pertinent to you.

'Start'(Library)--->'Games'--->Ex. The Sims 4--->'PlayStation Store'

This will give you a brief overview of the add-ons/themes available. If you go through there you will be taken straight to the game page.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kimyonaakuma

@Anti-Matter I get that you have opinions on what you want to see and what you don't want to see but you seem to be overreacting.
You don't seem to be under 18 (I think?) so there's no reason to put parental controls on yourself, you can't use most of the online features that way anyway. You also can't play games that are over a certain age rating.

The PlayStation Store isn't that bad, it's mostly just some average pictures that give the idea of the game...and lots of blue
It's not all guns, shirtless men and DOA Xtreme Volleyball, most games are pretty inoffensive. The only game that I've seen in the PSN store that was a little shocking was Catherine, but that's a big part of the game so it makes sense..

Kimyonaakuma

Haruki_NLI

@Kimyonaakuma I dunno. I find the search function (And lack of filters within) and general layout pretty offensive regarding the Store

Kimyonaakuma

@BLP_Software Haha! It is pretty bad isn't it?

I find it so annoying, there's no reason for it to be so useless. And the "recommended for you" section has the least accurate suggestions that I've ever seen!
I like the PS4 layout better than the Vita's though.

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

The best console store is by far the Wii U eshop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Kimyonaakuma It's horrendous.

Like whatever jackass designed that search feature needs to be hung drawn and quartered. Good lord, your system has an on screen keyboard damn it! And the way results are presented is the most half assed thing and a total mess.

As for the suggestions, yeah, I got suggested GTAV because I played Binding of Isaac. Work that out.

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano But Meme Run tho.

But generally yes, PS4's shop should more accurately list games if you've typed in a keyword. Upon searching 'Gravity,' Gravity Rush Remastered , 2, PS Vita, and Raven's DLC should show up first, then the movie, then all of the costume DLC and stuff. And it could all stand to be less laggy.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic