Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,181 to 7,200 of 16,083

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano Yeah I would have to agree with you, it was an upgrade over the 3DS eShop and Wii shop channel.

@BLP_Software It makes no sense that you have to search using a column of letters, it's so tedious..
They changed the PS3 store to match the PS4 version but it can't even run it that well. There are times when it just freezes and shuts down.

My suggestions just seem to be whatever big game is out at the time. I bought Persona 5 and then got a FIFA game as a recommendation. I haven't played a FIFA game but I'm guessing that it's not related to Persona 5

Kimyonaakuma

Dezzy

PSN is a bit of a mess.

They never actually updated the Demos page for the Vita after about a year of it being released. If you want to know which games have a demo, you need to either just look through them all or use the website search.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Kimyonaakuma

@Dezzy Demos sometimes show up in the new releases section but I would have to say that the Vita version of the store is the worst. The layout makes no sense at all, the only useful part is the deals and offers page.

Sometimes you can search for a game and it doesn't appear in the searches, which is really useful

Kimyonaakuma

Dezzy

@Kimyonaakuma

Yeah it's one of the worst stores definitely.

I think I'm still more annoyed of the fact that you can't get Crisis Core digitally though. Lol. No way to play that except owning a PSP.

Edited on by Dezzy

Kimyonaakuma

@Dezzy Never played an FF game so I couldn't say much about that. I guess you could use an emulator but that's kind of a grey area...
PSP emulators work pretty well on your average PC though, even mine can run things decently.

I wished that we could have accessed other PSN stores, some other countries have digital releases of some PSP games that we never got in the UK (suprise! ).

The Vita has some great games but it had so many issues. It's my least used system by a big amount...

Kimyonaakuma

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The best console store is by far the Wii U eshop.

Yep. It's amazing how much money these companies have riding on these shop fronts and yet they've done such mediocre jobs with them. Speed aside, the Wii U eshop is fun to look at and use. The others? No.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The best console store is by far the Wii U eshop.

Yeah I really liked that.

Although it's probably partly due to the limited number of games. PSN or Steam couldn't have such a simple appearance.

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

@Dezzy Never played an FF game so I couldn't say much about that. I guess you could use an emulator but that's kind of a grey area...
PSP emulators work pretty well on your average PC though, even mine can run things decently.

Yep, it does emulate perfectly. I like to feel at least morally justified in using something though, even if not legally.
I haven't owned a copy of it since I sold my PSP 5 years back. I'd read that you could download PSP games on the Vita digitally and just didn't even consider the fact that some of them wouldn't be available. So basically got rid of my only legal way to play the game.

Edited on by Dezzy

Kimyonaakuma

@Dezzy That's a shame
I didn't realise that the selection was going to be limited either, which disappointed me because I was hoping to catch up on all of the PSP games that I missed out on.

I know what you mean about using emulators and ROMs, I didn't used to feel that way when I was just a weird kid ripping models out of any game that I could find but nowadays I feel a little different.
I only really use emulators when I'm using my own copy of the game or if I know it will never see an English release.
Having an official release would have been nice though, the portability would have been a bonus.

Kimyonaakuma

Dezzy

@Kimyonaakuma

It's not THAT limited. Most of the best PSP games are on there. It's just Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep that aren't. I can't think of any others.

Kimyonaakuma

@Dezzy There are a few RPGs that I was hoping for. Some are available in other countries and some aren't, quite a few aren't where I live.

There are a good amount Japan only titles that I would have wanted to play too, but I was restricted by the amount of accounts that you could have on the system, PS3 and 4 are much better in that aspect.

Kimyonaakuma

CanisWolfred

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

@BLP_Software Haha! It is pretty bad isn't it?

I find it so annoying, there's no reason for it to be so useless. And the "recommended for you" section has the least accurate suggestions that I've ever seen!
I like the PS4 layout better than the Vita's though.

There is literally no difference between the "recommended for you!" and "What's Popular Now" sections, from what I've seen, except maybe less of an emphasis on movie content? I mean, seriously, even Valve got that down better, and they stopped giving a damn about 3 or 4 years back...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

I don’t know what’s going on, but it seems that Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus may well be one of the best games of the year!

It’s everything I want a story driven FPS to be, and the actual shooting mechanics are fined tuned to such a degree that it now elevates the overall experience up to the quality of the buttery smooth combat DOOM, the latter of which is such a joyful and frantically fast paced shooting gallery.

I am quite aware that the likes of Assassin’s Creed Origins, Gran Turismo Sport and Super Mario Odyssey are going to be the more widely talked about recent releases however, if you guys want the best FPS since the likes of DOOM and Titanfall 2, then Wolfenstein II is definitely worth your time.

I also hope Anti-Matter is able to swiftly avert his gaze whilst he reads this post, due to the violent nature of said game(s)...

p.s. The Wii U store was indeed the best one of them all!

Dezzy does have a point though; the lack of frequent (new) games did make the simplistic nature of the store easier to read and manage, which is why the Steam and PlayStation store looks so much busier in comparison.

Peek-a-boo

TuVictus

after just having gotten into the first wolfenstein, I'm so happy the second one seems just as good if not better

TuVictus

Octane

Paris Games Week pre-show starts in two hours!

Hmm, I still need to play Titanfall 2. I want to get that one first, maybe I'll try out Wolfenstein too. I haven't played any of the newer games. Last time I played a Wolfenstein game was back in '03/'04. DOOM is a bit too fast paced for me I think.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Go ahead and play DOOM on your new Switch at 30fps instead of 60fps (on the PlayStation 4); it will literally feel twice as slow!

I hope you are enjoying your new toy by the way. I would really, really like to play Super Mario Odyssey however, other than that, there’s not much else screams ‘must play!’ on the Switch for me at this moment in time.

You ought to buy Titanfall 2, seeing as it can be purchased for less than €20 these days. Honestly, it feels like playing the sequel to Half-Life 2 in all but its name. The multiplayer is a little bit too frantic for my liking though...

Anyhoo, the Paris Games Week conference starts in an hour and a half!

I would be more than happy to see a re-reveal of both Dreams and WiLD, as well as a nice little surprise along the way. A Demon’s Souls remaster would be the cherry on the cake.

With the likes of Spider-Man, Shadow of the Colossus remake, God of War, Detroit: Become Human and Days Gone all coming out in 2018, I am not going to be overly fussed if nothing new is going to be announced in two hours time.

p.s. The art work on these invitations are great:

Untitled

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I also bought Splatoon 2 and Golf Story, since that's exclusive too IIRC. Anyway, yeah, they'll keep me busy until either SOTC or Monster Hunter early 2018. And Odyssey is great by the way! But I'm also one of the few who really likes 3D World, and this game feels a lot like something in between 3D World and the other 3D Mario games.

Yeah, still waiting on that price drop. The campaign is short, so I don't want to spend too much on it, and I don't intend to play the multiplayer either. I'm waiting for some good deals around Black Friday, since I want to get a few more games I missed last year.

I also think Sony said they're going to reveal new games during their conference. Let me check...!

Right here: ''We’ll begin with an introductory livestream featuring 21 game updates, including seven all-new game announcements for PS4 and PS VR. You won’t want to miss it.

Then at [4:00pm/5:00pm], our Media Showcase will give you an exclusive new look at the next wave of huge PlayStation titles.''

Octane

Ralizah

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Go ahead and play DOOM on your new Switch at 30fps instead of 60fps (on the PlayStation 4); it will literally feel twice as slow!

The game will feel less smooth, not slower. Just like the PC version feels smoother at 120fps as opposed to the 60-with-drops you get on the HD twins.

Also, what's up with the trolling?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah I will add a ‘ : p ‘ the next time I make a harmless joke.

Trolling? I’ve only written two posts about my time with Wolfenstein II and the Paris Games Week conference that’s due to start in fifteen minutes!

Been away on holiday for a week, and I get this when I arrive back...

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

Interesting indie sequels so far. Spelunky 2. Guacamelee 2. Too bad I wasn't huge on the original version of either game, but I know some people this will excite.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic