Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,821 to 6,840 of 16,083

Octane

@Haru17 Can't take a joke?

Don't worry, I'm just not a big fan of the stiff performance in a lot of realistic RPGs. The faces aren't that bad, definitely not on the same level as Andromeda, considering it's already two years old at this point. But they leave something to be desired. It's not only Fallout, I feel the same about a lot more games. I just find it a bit jarring to look at.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane I think my tone was consistently defensive from the get go That's alright though, I'm used to the selective criticism of facial animation from Dark Souls fans. I don't make a buisness of being picky about graphics if they're going for something I'm into. I still like Skyrim faces, it's confusing to read all these comments about ugly games from all of 5 years ago. They looked pretty good then, why the rewriting history? I think 8th gen is just a graphics bonus atop an already more than attractive base.

Dezzy wrote:

Is there anything to this rumour that Bethesda is making a Game of Thrones game.

An elder-scrolls-style game set in Westeros would be incredible.

I really think that's a bad fit. First there's the obvious thing about Bethesda's creativity being kneecapped by a managed property that has four spinoff shows to launch. But then you have to consider what they do best: world design and environmental storytelling. I'm not sure that would suit the universe, or if Beth would perform well if they're just doing the grunt work in mapping the already mapped Westeros.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

@Haru17

Well it would depend on how much creative control they're given of course.

Storywise, they've already let the TV show contradict the books, so no harm in letting a game tell their own version as well.

Environment wise, all they'd need to stipulate is that the main locations are at vaguely the same points on the map. They could leave them completely free to redesign all of the details though and they wouldn't even need them to look the same as the TV show.

Besides, they'd need to take creative license with the world for a game because it's supposed to be like 1,000 miles from King's Landing to Winterfell.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Rumour becomes reality: http://gematsu.com/2017/09/okami-hd-rated-ps4-xbox-one-pc-korea

@Haru17 Well, I'm not really into Fallout's setting, so that certainly doesn't help. I also think it helps if you played the game at launch, you're used to how it looks. If you have no experience with a game, you're more likely to compare it with more recent releases. For example, I don't mind SM64's visuals, but I think that most people, who don't have any experience with SM64, will say it's a pretty ugly game.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

The texturing for the DS remake was much nicer to look at.

Octane

@Dezzy Too bad they botched the rest of the game.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

SM64 DS has the worst controls for any Mario game, you can't just replace an analog stick with a dpad for 3D movement.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Eh, I controlled 64 DS fine just like I controlled the camera in Monster Hunter 3U on 3DS fine without a circle pad pro.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Grumblevolcano It controls well enough on a 3DS, though.

Yep. Terrible on DS, just fine on 3DS

Haruki_NLI

SM64 DS still has the dpad programmed movement. The Circle Pad doesnt change how it controls but how it feels psychologically.

Bit like Crash on PS1. Analog stick control was the same as dpad but it felt different.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@BLP_Software I haven't played the game on a 3DS, but I can imagine that a control stick would be a bit easier to use. Pushing the control stick left and up at the same time is a bit easier than pressing both the up and the left on a D-pad.

Regardless, running is still mapped to a different button...

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Is anybody playing Destiny 2?

I only tend to keep people on my friends list who I know in real life, and out of the 28 friends/family I have, only four of them are playing Destiny 2. In comparison to the original game, almost two thirds of them were playing the game! I have never seen such a drastic drop in player numbers from one game to another.

The UK charts are out today, and whilst Destiny 2 is the biggest retail launch so far this year, the numbers from the first to the second game must be rather worrying for Activision and Bungie:

Destiny - 417,000 (across the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One)
Destiny 2 - 175,000 (on both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

That’s an astronomical 58% drop!

I never saw the appeal in Destiny however, I personally know plenty of folks who enjoyed them time with it, which is why those (low) numbers are a genuine surprise to me. I reckon Destiny 2 will be getting a price drop a lot sooner than later...

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo Yet it had 1.2m concurrent players.

Maybe a lot bought digital? Maybe its sold mostly in the US?

Grumblevolcano

@BLP_Software Probably digital as we're in an era where digital and physical are almost identical (discs no longer being insert and play straight away).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@BLP_Software I was specifically talking about the UK market and today’s charts, but I suppose the US must have made upwards of a million units if Destiny 2 has had that amount of concurrent players.

Even if you took away all of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 units for the original game, and add on, say, 40% digital sales for the sequel, Destiny 2 will still have a comparatively significant drop in numbers.

I also remember Destiny being £45/€50 for quite a long time too, whereas I wouldn’t be overly surprise to see Destiny 2 going for somewhere in the region of £25/€30 in October some time.

p.s. Just to clarify the numbers:

Destiny ~ PS3 + Xbox 360 - 417,000 = 375,300 (excludes digital)

Destiny 2 ~ PS4 + Xbox One + 40% digital (and I am being generous with this number) = 280,000

Still sold 25% less than Destiny, the latter of which doesn’t include any digital units.

That makes for underwhelming reading, no matter which way you look it at!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo That was my point. It fell in the UK compared to the original, yet its had 1.2m players. Which means the slack came from somewhere right? I expect a price drop too.

Thing is though, I think Destiny 2 came too soon. People had 2 years of buying expansions for the cost of a new game each. Are they really going to do that again, a year after the last time?

Octane

I haven't played the first Destiny either. Not a huge fan of the online-only games, so it's one of those games that I'll probably never play unless someone I know is into it and I get to try it out.

Octane

TuVictus

Power is out so no PS4 for a bit. I can't wait to get back into destiny 2. It's been hell trying to survive these last few days knowing all the games I was missing

TuVictus

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@BLP_Software Probably digital as we're in an era where digital and physical are almost identical (discs no longer being insert and play straight away).

I'd say about 90% still play immediately from the disc, dont they?

The only games I've played recently that refused were FF15 and Rise of Tomb Raider.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic