Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 16,083

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Yup, as expected.

Never the played the first game either, but I've heard good things about it. Thursday will bring us the first trailer.

Octane

Ralizah

From the website: "Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

Red Dead Redemption was a good deal of fun. The GTA formula works really well in the rough-and-tumble world of the American frontier.

Not really excited about the online, which I expect will be like GTA Online, but as long as the single-player campaign is sufficiently meaty, I don't care.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

6ch6ris6

i was hoping for a release of the first game for pc. never played it. now the second one is also not coming to pc...damn

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo the NX is out in March though, this says "fall" which means autumn in English and March is in spring, which is before autumn.

But yeah add me to the list of people who (technically I did actually play the first few hours and was bored as heck) never played the first Red Dead Redemption! Glad it's made a few people excited even before even a snippet of gameplay has been shown. Another game to add to the 'games to get HYPE for in 2017' lists which are always fun.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@Shinion I was just jesting!

Nobody knows when the NX is coming out.

March is mostly being thrown around due to it being the beginning of their fiscal report next year, which is when a company (and shareholders) wants to see some good news - i.e. the launch of a new product.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Well, they did confirm a March release, several times even. It's actually at the end of their fiscal year. If it's a placeholder, then it's to cover Wii U losses, but I looks like it's really coming in March.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@CanisWolfred You have indeed already pre-ordered World of Final Fantasy.

How do I know?

Let's just say I changed the address from your house to mine!

Hah! Jokes on you, I pre-ordered in-store! You always gotta think 3 steps ahead of your enemy, and I've already got you in Checkmate! Behold!

Untitled

Your credit card!

And since you so kindly changed my address to yours, I've had no trouble buying up boatloads of old VHS tapes games! You thought that last big charge was just your latest car payment, but it was me! Dio Canis! Mwahahahaha!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

They teased the announcement before announcing the game and teasing the announcement trailer.

What a lame announcement.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Peek-a-boo

@CanisWolfred Hmm... Mmm...

You got me this time.

Perhaps I underestimated a wolfs knowledge with his (or her) rather bright orange Jetstar MasterCard.

Forgive me.

In any case, I hope you enjoy World of Final Fantasy, and please let us know how your time with it goes!

@Octane We will see!

I think March is there for a reason, but not necessary the month of its availability.

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

Haru17 wrote:

They teased the announcement before announcing the game and teasing the announcement trailer.

What a lame announcement.

I'm seeing a lot of this lately, and it kinda bugs me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

My favorite is still SE making some gigantic production of the event where they would announce the release date for FFXV... only for it to get delayed again anyway!

Ralizah

No doubt. I don't think anyone is worried that the game won't look utterly stunning. My only concern is that, oftentimes, when games focus so heavily on the visuals, they sacrifice depth in other, more important, parts of the game. I like what I've seen, though: if user impressions are good, I'll definitely be picking it up next year (not in February, but when the price comes down a bit).

Octane

@Ralizah I've also played games that look good and are good. Judging Horizon on it gameplay, then I still think it looks like a good game! Definitely something I'd enjoy. The amazing visuals are just a neat bonus added on top of everything else.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Like I said, I've liked what I've seen. I just don't trust Western games until they're out in the open and subject to public scrutiny.

If the game is as good as it seems, I think it'll be a gem.

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@Octane Like I said, I've liked what I've seen. I just don't trust Western games until they're out in the open and subject to public scrutiny.

If the game is as good as it seems, I think it'll be a gem.

Same. Overall, I'm most worried about its story and structure. It's base combat looks good, but I keep getting the impression that Guerilla doesn't exactly know what they want to do with the rest. They're great at setpieces, and that mentality doesn't always lend itself well to RPGs. I mean, they're pretty great when it comes to pacing action sequences, but then Horizon has an open world. I mean, it's not impossible for it to still have decent pacing, but so many games just wind up being massive side-quest-a-thons that I can't help but worry. I seriously can only think of 3 games I've encountered that had an open world, but if you actually wanted to focus on the story, you could still get through it at a decent clip without spending the majority of your time just traveling from point A to point B. And one of those is Jak 3 on the PS2!

...yeah, I'm just gonna wait to see what the reception's like ~6 months after its out. Maybe it'll prove me wrong the way Dishonored did - that game was pretty great, despite featuring everything I hate about modern games to some capacity, including an open world.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred I agree. The footage they've shown has mostly allayed my fears, but the earlier emphasis on visual fidelity and BIG, EPIC FIGHTS WITH GIANT ROBOTS made me worry that this game would be short and setpiece driven. I really, really don't like how many Western developers want to emulate the Naughty Dog model of game design these days, and I'm hoping this doesn't fall prey to that same sort of sensibility.

On the other hand, I hope, unlike Bethesda and certain other developers, they actually find a way to populate their open world with interesting things to do, and don't just create a giant sandbox where you do nothing but engage in flashy fights with robotic animals and collect random items for NPCs.

Either way, I won't experience it for at least a few months after launch if Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild stay on track with their release dates.

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

I'd take either format so long as they can do it well. And again, I really felt like the Killzone series really pulled it off for the most part. I'm glad they're trying something different, but we're talking about a set up that even the best devs struggle with, and is the very antithesis of their usual pattern. I'm hopeful, but not exactly enthused.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

I don't expect this game to change the genre or be revolutionary in any way. Best case scenario we're just getting an amazing world to explore, filled with lore, things to do and awesome robots to fight. And that's all I'm asking for. There's always the fear that games with an open world structure will end up boring, that's even true for BOTW. Gameplay looks engaging from what I've seen and I'm hoping there's a good narrative that keeps you moving around in the world. Just thinking about this made me realise how little we've actually seen of this game. For example, we know there's a jungle in game and you also reach the big city; We've seen none of that in trailers so far. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it, this will get my priority over everything else in February. Unless Zelda comes out shortly after.. Then I'll be playing two games at the same time.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic