Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 16,083

DefHalan

@Grumblevolcano: People are still learning the game. I think after the first month of being out people will get more use to what their "classes" should do.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tasuki

@Grumblevolcano: I haven't had to many problems with that really a few games here and there, but as @DefHalan said it's new (especially on consoles) and people are probably learning the game still. Heck some folks might not even know about healers and think it's just a typical FPS. All I can say is give the game a try.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Blast

Ralizah wrote:

The new Persona 5 trailer looks hot! Launches in Japan on Sept. 15. There'll be more info about it at E3, including a Western release date, hopefully.

Playstation 4 might literally be the best console I've ever owned.... 1st party studios may not be doing what I want but everything else is sooo good. It's a perfect haven for JRPGS and 3rd parties!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Gamer83

@Tasuki:
I just play games solo. From what you've seen is there anyway a solo player can get enjoyment from Overwatch?

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Gamer83: It all depends by what you mean by playing solo.

If your definition of playing solo is like a single player campaign mode where like the story modes in a CoD game then there isn't anything like that I am afraid.

Everything is team based like objective based modes in CoD like domination, hard point etc. However if you don't have a bunch of people to play with can still get into matches and put into teams. So you will be put into teams. They have a player vs player mode where both teams are players and Player VS A.I. where it is a team of players vs Bots with various difficulty levels to choose from. And they also have training modes.

I play solo as most of my friends are playing this on PC or Xbox One and I am on PS4 and I am enjoying it alot. There is levels to gain and stuff to unlock, so if that kinda thing is to your liking yeah a solo player can enjoy this game alot.

As I tell people it's a free open beta going on now and through the weekend so give it a shot try it on PS4 and Xbox One since you have both. There's a variety of characters to suit different play styles. This would probably be the best way and cheapest to see how much enjoyment you get out of it.

My Backlog

Gamer83

@Tasuki:
Doesn't sound like it's for me. I was thinking something like The Division, which is obviously a multiplayer game but the campaign is set up for you to go about it on your own if you prefer. Thanks for the response.

Gamer83

diwdiws

@Tasuki: been playing nonstop! Timing an ultimate perfectly feels so good.

diwdiws

Shinion

Overwatch is most certainly a very, very well made game. Does exactly what it needs to be a successful multiplayer team based FPS, it's very fun, addictive and great in both short bursts and longer sessions. The presentation is also fantastic, on PS4 where I've played at least and the characters are so varied and all seem viable in their own way, so much I've seen that most characters have been deemed OP by people, which is obviously much better than only having half a dozen or so good characters, that is what is often the killing blow for games like this.

Definitely buying.

Shinion

Ralizah

@Blast: I prefer my Wii U overall, but the PS4 is already better than the PS3. Last gen was just a big disappointment all around.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

Uncharted 4 arrived...

Going to be a difficult week, I wish it didn't come until May 10.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah: I too prefer the Wii U line up as a collective whole over most of what the PlayStation 4 has to offer however, and whilst I openly acknowledge that it's your opinion, I personally think that this generation is only just starting for the PlayStation 4, especially since the beginning of this year.

As for last generation being a big disappointment, I happily and gladly played the likes of:

Alan Wake, Batman: Arkham Asylum (and City), Bayonetta, BioShock (and Infinite), Braid, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Crackdown, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (and Skyrim), Fable II, Fallout 3 (and New Vegas), Fez, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, God of War III, Grand Theft Auto IV (and V), Guacamelee!, Halo 3 (and Reach), Hotline Miami, Journey, The Last of Us, Left 4 Dead, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, LIMBO, LittleBigPlanet, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Minecraft, Mirror's Edge, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Peggle, Plants vs. Zombies, Portal 1 and 2, Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4, Rayman Origins, Red Dead Redemption, Rock Band, Street Fighter IV, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Meat Boy, Trials HD (and Evolution), Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Vanquish, The Walking Dead, Wii Sports, World of Goo, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Xenoblade Chronicles ... and the list goes on and on.

As far as I am concerned, last generation totally outclasses this generation (so far)!

@Octane: Um, you could always let me borrow your copy for the weekend?

Peek-a-boo

IceClimbers

Played some of the Overwatch beta. That game just went from not on my radar at all, to a day 1 buy.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: I totally agree, I don't think videogames will ever be as, I'm not sure what the right word is, 'healthy' probably suits, as they were during the last gen. 'AAA', indie, Japanese (shaddup Phil Fish!), western, hardcore/ casual and all consoles selling in excess of 80 million along with the 3DS' 150, in both quantity and quality videogames were very good. It has sorta gone downhill a bit in certain aspects there in the last few years but it takes nothing away from the last gen.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia: Blimey! We actually agree on something...

Asides from the usual suspects such as Bloodborne, Mario Kart 8, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Super Mario 3D World and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I cannot really think of much more that makes me think, 'WOW! This (new) generation is incredible!'

At least the 'smaller games' like Axiom Verge, Firewatch, Life is Strange, Ori and the Blind Forest, Resogun, Rocket League, Shovel Knight, Transistor, Valiant Hearts: The Great War and most recently, The Witness, are all great games to tide you over for the big releases.

I'm happy so far, but the first eighteen months with all those cross-gen games (which unfortunately held back the power of these new consoles), HD remasters and re-releases was rather uninspiring to say the least.

Peek-a-boo

Tasuki

@Ralizah: I don't know why but the Wii U was the biggest disappointment for me ever by Nintendo. I liked the Gamecube, the Wii even the N64, but for the life of me nothing grabbed my attention on the Wii U.

I played SM3DW I liked it for a few hours.

MK8 was ok for a few months same with Smash

But overall the Wii U was a disappointment to me.

Now the PS4, Wow!!! I am honestly glad I bought it. It is easily my most used console this gen. And the variety of games I am enjoying and even getting into like CoD is just great.

I guess my taste in gaming is just changing.

My Backlog

Peek-a-boo

It's nice living in the rural countryside as the postman always delivers our mail early.

And thus, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End has dropped through the letterbox.

Excited isn't a strong enough word!

But I have to work until six o'clock this evening before I can go home and play the game, boo-hoo...

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: Be glad you're able to play it today. The game has been tempting me all this time, but I'm too busy to play anything at all this week. Saturday and Sunday will be the Uncharted days for me.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

It may well be a little bit early to say this, but after playing Uncharted 4 for a shy over an hour, I can honestly say that it's the best game I have played of this new generation. It is staggeringly impressive in every little way.

I didn't think The Order: 1886 would be surpassed as arguably the pinnacle of cinematic visuals quite so soon however, given the open-ish world nature of the environments in Uncharted 4, I am somehow even more flabbergasted!

There's a moment whereby a cutscenes ends at the beginning of the game and then, after briefly pausing for a moment in bewilderment as to why nothing is happening, you move the sticks and notice that you take control of Nathan Drake...

I just couldn't believe it. That very fine line between the cutscenes and gameplay is virtually indistinguishable!

Below are non-spoiler (and in-game) screenshots of the game:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic