Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 16,084

AndyD

@IceClimbers: I went with Ratchet & Clank, and also picked up battle born. I had some extra credit saved up. I tried the demo for it, and liked it...although I am sure Overwatch, may be better, but I may end up doing both. I kinda enjoy the MOBA's and also the aspect of it being a FPS all in one, seems a bit interesting. Never played both types in one game before. I know it's a bit out of the range of games I was looking at, but I thought since I went with the PS4 and it has been forever since I played anything outside of Nintendo, why not make another leap into a genre I have not played much of in years. Who knows I might really enjoy it!

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Tasuki

@scubydo: Overwatch is not a MOBA, it's a team base objective shooter.

A MOBA would be League of Legends, Dota, Heroes of the Storm or Smite.

Calling Overwatch a MOBA would be like saying Zelda is a platformer.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

diwdiws

@scubydo: just dont expect dark souls 3 to be like an action game where you mow down all enemies in front of you with ease. Accept that death in the game is part of the game mechanics. Treat the combat like a puzzle

diwdiws

Tasuki

@scubydo: Ah gotcha, yeah I don't know about Battleborn since I haven't played it. If you like MOBAs I suggest trying Smite out, it is free as well.

My Backlog

AndyD

@diwdiws: thanks! I am trading a lot of older games the kids no longer play, so I am able to beef up my game catalogue a bit. Although, may and June seemy to have a lot of great releases.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Peek-a-boo

YES!

Sucker Punch are doing a Spider-Man game for the PlayStation 4!

Untitled

I am not overly sure what inFAMOUS: Lightning Edition consists of however, this is BRILLIANT news!

The traversal in the inFAMOUS games is superb, and the thought of web slinging mechanics on top of that is mind boggling!

I cannot think of any other developer who deserves to 'have a go' at Spider-Man more than Sucker Punch.

Also, there is a CRAZY sale for Europeans and UK residents on the PlayStation store today.

Good times.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: Isn't that supposed to be a remake/remaster of the first game?

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Aw, that's really put me in a grumpy mood now...

😔

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Huh!

I didn't realised that Uncharted 4 was being reviewed today.

I am seeing lots of 9's and 10's with one or two 8's in between.

Never been a fan of Metacritic (due to the whole Fallout: New Vegas fiasco) however, this is going back and forth between 94 and 95 at the moment.

Critics are definitely harder to please nowadays! My favourite games of this generation such as Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive, Until Dawn and Wolfenstein: The New Order received high 70's, (very) low 80's.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: Was just about to comment on that too. The game got a 10/10 on PushSquare. From what I've been reading; most people think it's better than 2, that's definitely good to hear. It's safe to say that it will be an amazing game.

PushSquare wrote:

A fitting end for one of PlayStation's most famous franchises, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End sits alongside The Last of Us at the apex of cinematic action experiences. Naughty Dog's ability to tell engaging tales is unmatched, with Nate's final chapter expertly balancing bombast against genuinely relatable themes. It won't redefine the genre quite like Uncharted 2, but the developer's boundless ambition means that this is a bigger, better, and more beautiful adventure than ever before.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end

Octane

Peek-a-boo

As soon as I read the words 'better than Uncharted 2' in numerous reviews, I just feel very, very happy.

I always knew that Nathan Drake's swansong would be something special.

Only got to finish Alienation, Dark Souls III and Rachet & Clank in the next couple of days (!)

Usually wait until I have finished (some of) my backlog however, Uncharted is a rare exception...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

May 10 can't get here soon enough. The last couple of months have been great between Ratchet & Clank, Quantum Break and soon Uncharted 4 .

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Ralizah

The new Persona 5 trailer looks hot! Launches in Japan on Sept. 15. There'll be more info about it at E3, including a Western release date, hopefully.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Octane

@Ralizah: It looks like every anime I've ever seen combined into one and turned into a game.

Octane

Tasuki

Been playing a fair share of Overwatch these past few days and I will say this game surprised me big time. The graphics are gorgeous, gameplay is easy to pick up. Nice variety of characters, some being easy to learn others a bit harder to learn. A nice variety of classes from support, to tanks, to healers, to DPS. The beta is open for everyone now so if you haven't tried it yet I highly suggest it.

My Backlog

Grumblevolcano

@Tasuki: I heard people are useless teammates in that game like healers not healing anyone being a very common thing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic