Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 16,083

AlexSays

It doesn't matter that PS4 people weren't PS3 people

The PS3 is still easily accessible along with its games. These remakes are just fillers for the lack of quality titles released by Sony, same exact situation Nintendo pulled with the Wii and their stupid NPC games.

The only thing to do is hope they fail like the NPC games did so it's not worth it for them to rerelease every Sony exclusive on the PS4

AlexSays

Blast

AlexSays wrote:

It doesn't matter that PS4 people weren't PS3 people

The PS3 is still easily accessible along with its games. These remakes are just fillers for the lack of quality titles released by Sony, same exact situation Nintendo pulled with the Wii and their stupid NPC games.

The only thing to do is hope they fail like the NPC games did so it's not worth it for them to rerelease every Sony exclusive on the PS4

Yeah but I'm pretty sure God of War 3 for PS4 is gonna sell like crazy. I've heard the most diehard of Sony fans say this game is unnecessary but its still gonna sell well. I don't want the game to fail or flop but not even doing a God of War collection for PS4 just sounds dumb and lazy. I literally wouldn't be complaining if it was a collection. It's kinda like if Square Enix creates a Kingdom Hearts 2 remastered for PS4 even though there's clearly already a Kingdom Hearts collection on PS3 that's a far better deal.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

God of War 3 will sell well based on the fact that Sony fans are hungry for more substantial first party content. Also beyond Batman there's noting major set for May-August that we know of.

I have to wonder what's going on with Sony Studios currently. They just haven't been as on point and when you hear that SSM had a game that was pretty much done but was shuddered due to similar to destiny I have to face palm.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Gamer83 wrote:

Maybe it was in an article or two and I missed it but I don't ever remember seeing where Sony is getting these numbers that most people who owned a PS4 didn't own a PS3. I'm sure with 20 mil+ having been sold that there's plenty who didn't own the previous console but I'm also sure there's a good number who did own the PS3, and the PlayStations before that. I just want to know where Sony is pulling these numbers from or if it's just bsing to make up excuses for the ridiculous number of remasters? I don't rule out the latter.

It's been documented that alot of PS4 owners owned 360 over PS3 last gen, mostly it was done by surveys. You can probably Google for the articles that back up this claim. It doesn't surprise me as I am indeed one of them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Blast

Tasuki wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Maybe it was in an article or two and I missed it but I don't ever remember seeing where Sony is getting these numbers that most people who owned a PS4 didn't own a PS3. I'm sure with 20 mil+ having been sold that there's plenty who didn't own the previous console but I'm also sure there's a good number who did own the PS3, and the PlayStations before that. I just want to know where Sony is pulling these numbers from or if it's just bsing to make up excuses for the ridiculous number of remasters? I don't rule out the latter.

It's been documented that alot of PS4 owners owned 360 over PS3 last gen, mostly it was done by surveys. You can probably Google for the articles that back up this claim. It doesn't surprise me as I am indeed one of them.

Uhhh... Do you not care for PlayStation Now? A service that's supposed to appeal to people who are so hungry for PS3 first party games that they want them remastered on PS4? Just saying... PlayStation Now exists for a reason.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tasuki

@Blast: Oh I am enjoying PSNow but I can see where someone who didn't own a PS3 might buy a remaster version over a PSNow subscription. For one thing for PSNow you need to have a good Internet connection if you don't I can see why a remastered copy of TLoU would be more appealing.

My Backlog

Jaz007

Plus if you want to own a game, or just don't find the prices of PS Now to be worth it, you would rather have a remaster as well.

Jaz007

Ralizah

PS Now would be much more appealing if it let you "buy" the games. That is, be able to stream the games permanently on your system.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tasuki

Ralizah wrote:

PS Now would be much more appealing if it let you "buy" the games. That is, be able to stream the games permanently on your system.

Why do people complain about this with PS Now but don't when it comes to Netflix, Hulu or other forms of entertainment? :/

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Why do people complain about this with PS Now but don't when it comes to Netflix, Hulu or other forms of entertainment? :/

Because Netflix has had years to build up its infrastructure, so it doesn't lag as much as it used to. We had a streaming sub about 7 or 8 years ago, and half the time we encountered a problem. After 3 months we swore never to do Netflix again (Thankfully my brother is less stubborn...well, actually we haven't used it much yet, but hey, he's paying for it...). Also, you don't directly interact with videos, so the latency isn't as obvious.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThePirateCaptain

I don't mind Netflix or Hulu because I'm probably only going to watch a movie or TV show once. When it comes to games, I'm probably going to replay then so I'd rather just own it.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ralizah

Tasuki wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Because video games aren't movies or TV shows?
Movies and TV shows are short-form, non-interactive forms of entertainment. Video games are a long-form, interactive form of entertainment. It makes no sense to adopt the same format for streaming video games as you do for streaming movies or tv shows.

Also, many games are so long that renting them on PSNow and finishing them once, let alone doing all the extra stuff, is more expensive than just outright buying them.

Hulu/Netflix/etc. work out so well because, while you don't own them, you can experience movies and tv shows at a reduced price.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jaz007

Tasuki wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Because it's less expensive, has a much bigger selection of content, you don't own at least half of what's worth playing/watching, the prices for old games are ridiculous, and anything longer costs too much to rent for enough to time to beat to be reasonable.

Jaz007

Tasuki

You guys realize that PS Now has a monthly and tri-monthly subscription plan. It's not like Redbox for example where you pay a daily price everyday you have the game.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Jaz007

Tasuki wrote:

You guys realize that PS Now has a monthly and tri-monthly subscription plan. It's not like Redbox for example where you pay a daily price everyday you have the game.

It's still a heck of a lot more expensive than Netflix though.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

I can finish 3 or 4 movies (or more than 15 average-length TV episodes minus the commercials) by the time I'm done with the average Call of Duty campaign, and that is considered short by the standards of average gamers. There's no way the value could and should be compared to Netflix's and Hulu's, especially when their subscription plans are far cheaper, more generous, and they have much more on offer. Gaming is often an investment, hence why owning things, especially physical copies, is still a lucrative option.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

CanisWolfred wrote:

Gaming is often an investment, hence why owning things, especially physical copies, is still a lucrative option.

Wow, I am not being rude but that can't be health thinking like that. Games are an entertainment medium just like a movie or going to an amusement park. I wouldn't consider it an investment.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Gaming is often an investment, hence why owning things, especially physical copies, is still a lucrative option.

Wow, I am not being rude but that can't be health thinking like that. Games are an entertainment medium just like a movie or going to an amusement park. I wouldn't consider it an investment.

It's an investment of time and money. Even if it's free time, 10-50+ hours for a single game is an investment of your time, one which I should hope people would put at least a little thought into. I should also hope people aren't just throwing their money without some amount of consideration. When $30 is considered a good deal for a 1-2 year old game, while you could get a TV box set for the same price about a month after its release (such as Game of Thrones Season 4) that could last you as long, I should hope people are putting even one iota of thought into where their money is going, even if it's part of their expendable income.

At least, I think "investment" is the right word here. I just mean that it's a bigger use of time and income than most other forms of visual media.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83

Well, looks like the first killer exclusive has arrived... Bloodborne sits at a 93 after 23 reviews on Metacritic. Whether the game has more than a niche appeal remains to be seen but that doesn't take away from the work done by From Software. Will hopefully get recognition at the end of the year eventhough it's a March release. I don't have to play any of the games to know it'll be better than the annual CoD and AC crap.

I suck at the Souls games and figured I'd never return to anything close to them but now I'm tempted.

Gamer83

shingi_70

@Gamer83

you mean second right don't forget about Knack. Bloodborne will be Game of the Year material and should hopefully sell very well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic