Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 16,084

AlexSays

Typed up a response to the whole ps now and remaster thing, and then realized I didn't care enough to stay in the conversation

On a happier note, Bloodborne looks to be meeting expectations. Looking forward to my copy coming sometime this week

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Gamer83

@shingi_70

Outside of inFamous there hasn't been a great PS4 exclusive so I'd like to think this game will sell very well, but I don't remember the Souls games being big sellers. Not that that's all that matters in the end, I'm just happy the game turned out to be the high quality exclusive PS4 needed right now. It'd be nice to see From Software get rewarded for its effort though.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

WebHead

Nice to see Bloodborne being well received. It joins Infamous Second Son as killer apps for the system.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

andreoni79

Since I'll buy a PS4 only this autumn and I never had a PS3, I'm really interested in first-party remasters. Any suggestions? By now, I'm sure I'm gonna buy only Bloodborne and Alien Isolation...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Jaz007

andreoni79 wrote:

Since I'll buy a PS4 only this autumn and I never had a PS3, I'm really interested in first-party remasters. Any suggestions? By now, I'm sure I'm gonna buy only Bloodborne and Alien Isolation...

Do you mean games in general, or remasters? Well, I can't recommend any remasters out now, but I can recommend some normal games. The game you must get is inFamous: Second Son. Best game on the system I think. Some other great games to get are Destiny and Samurai Warriors 4 (if you're interested in a Warriors game at all.)

Jaz007

andreoni79

^ I'm asking for PS3 remasters. I know Last of Us is a classic, but I don't know about other Sony games... I'd love to create a first-party retail library since I've never played any PS3 exclusive. Any link?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Ralizah

I don't think there's much out in the way of first-party remasters yet. An Uncharted PS4 collection wouldn't surprise me a bit, though, with UC4 releasing next year.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

ThePirateCaptain

Gamer83 wrote:

Well, looks like the first killer exclusive has arrived... Bloodborne sits at a 93 after 23 reviews on Metacritic.

shingi_70 wrote:

You mean second right don't forget about Knack.

Please let that be sarcasm.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Tasuki

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Gaming is often an investment, hence why owning things, especially physical copies, is still a lucrative option.

Wow, I am not being rude but that can't be health thinking like that. Games are an entertainment medium just like a movie or going to an amusement park. I wouldn't consider it an investment.

It's an investment of time and money. Even if it's free time, 10-50+ hours for a single game is an investment of your time, one which I should hope people would put at least a little thought into. I should also hope people aren't just throwing their money without some amount of consideration. When $30 is considered a good deal for a 1-2 year old game, while you could get a TV box set for the same price about a month after its release (such as Game of Thrones Season 4) that could last you as long, I should hope people are putting even one iota of thought into where their money is going, even if it's part of their expendable income.

At least, I think "investment" is the right word here. I just mean that it's a bigger use of time and income than most other forms of visual media.

Ok yeah I can see where you are coming from and you make a good point. I just see it as the price of entertainment that's all. You some people go to sporting events for entertainment others movies. Me I rather play video games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Gamer83

@andreoni79

Not first party remasters but remasters of PS3 games that I'd recommend are GTA V, DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and Dark Souls II (not out yet but will be soon). A first party remaster that's on the way this summer is God of War 3. Good game but if you do decide to get it, go on youtube and find a compilation of cutscenes from the first two games beforehand so you know what's going when you play the third.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

andreoni79 wrote:

To be fair, not that I know how much free time you have, but Alien Isolation lasts a good 18, 19 or 20 hours, depending on how you play the game seeing as it is mostly a slow and tense game of hide and seek.

Bloodborne is at least forty, fifty or sixty hours long; again, it depends on your play style and whether you can progress at a reasonable pace. Finally, The Last of Us along with the excellent Left Behind story add-on/DLC that is included with the game itself, is yet another long-ish game at twenty odd hours and a good three or four hours for the Left Behind story.

All in all, those three games will easily offer over one hundred hours of gameplay! In other words, you probably won't have time nor feel the need to buy/play other games whilst gradually going through the three of those.

Those three games are as good as it gets on the PlayStation 4 at this moment in time too. I would personally recommend the likes of Transistor and Resogun, both of which are brilliant $10 downloadable games along with flOw and Flower (from the makers of Journey) if we are on the theme of PlayStation 3 remasters, of which Flower feels like a whole new game.

Enjoy playing your new consoles too!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Faruko

Bloodborne its the 3D Castlevania game that never was

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CanisWolfred

I seriously hope I can get over the gorey and often disturbingly gothic imagery enough to finally play Bloodborne. It might be an easier pill to swallow once I actually get into the groove of things, but the same could probably be said about Soul Sacrifice, and I still can't get myself to start that one up...it just looks like a freaky nightmare I've had before...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

I seriously hope I can get over the gorey and often disturbingly gothic imagery enough to finally play Bloodborne. It might be an easier pill to swallow once I actually get into the groove of things, but the same could probably be said about Soul Sacrifice, and I still can't get myself to start that one up...it just looks like a freaky nightmare I've had before...

How did you ever play SMT: Nocturne? The game is literally full of blood, demons, and hellish imagery.

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

How did you ever play SMT: Nocturne? The game is literally full of blood, demons, and hellish imagery.

The worst thing in Nocturne was this: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120421144700/megamitense...

^Ghost Busters had scarier monsters than that.

Soul Sacrifice had creatures like this and this, while Bloodborne has this, this, and this on a regular basis. I'm probably gonna have nightmares just from looking that $#!+ up.

I don't care how good a game is, I need a good night sleep, damnit...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

I have all of these new games for the PS4 sitting around waiting to be played (just got The Evil Within today, in fact), and I've been unable to extricate myself from Rayman Legends.

Gamecubed

I can get the Last of Us PS4 bundle for $370 (it's normally $450 here in Canada). Should I splurge?
I already have the Last of Us on PS3, and I don't like it enough that I would want to purchase it again. I honestly think I'd just give the download code that comes with it to my sister's boyfriend. But I would really like to play Infamous Second Son and Dragon Age Inquisition.
So.... should I go for it?

Gamecubed

Faruko

Gamecubed wrote:

I can get the Last of Us PS4 bundle for $370 (it's normally $450 here in Canada). Should I splurge?
I already have the Last of Us on PS3, and I don't like it enough that I would want to purchase it again. I honestly think I'd just give the download code that comes with it to my sister's boyfriend. But I would really like to play Infamous Second Son and Dragon Age Inquisition.
So.... should I go for it?

I say yes, i wasnt very fond of The Last of Us, the story isnt as great as people made it out to be and the gameplay its pretty meh, its a good game but not "the best game ever created" as some said.

i really like my PS4, the price seems very good too, as for the games:

Infamous its... meh, its hardly a very good game and side quest are some of the worst ive ever seen, the ideas are so dumb that i believe a 5 year old kid would come up with better ideas, especially considering how interesting are the powers and the world itself.

Dragon Age its pretty good and it has TONS of content, it took me like 100 hours to do almost every quest in the game, i do want to play it again but im not sure i would put that much time for it.

So far the exclusives has been pretty lackluster on the PS4, most of them are bad, except Bloodborne which its amazing. Other than that, if you dont have a capable PC, i say its well worth it !

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Gamecubed

I know I'll get a PS4 eventually for Uncharted 4, so I might as well go for it since the price is decent.

I'm going to go for it and get Dragon Age along with it. It sounds like Second Son suffers from the same issues the first two games had.

Gamecubed

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic