Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 11,961 to 11,980 of 12,321

scubydo

Looking to maybe dip back into the ps4 system. Missed so many good games.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

and I guess Sony's compensating them for being the monthly free game...

Late as hell but...are they really? I remember some Indie studio making news on how they lost a ton of money by having their game be free with Plus, I think? Pretty sure it was worth writing about because the game itself was really good and struggled with sales due to lack of exposure before the Plus thing.

I looked it up, and apparently...no one knows for sure. NDAs and all that. They might get paid a certain amount divided by the amount of downloads, but this kind of info isn't publicly available to verify.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

NEStalgia

Considering one of the reasons listed for raising the rates of Plus was the free games, it's safe to say that the free games is costing them some amount of money. Maybe not sufficiently enough but they're not just making it 100% free (and thus why they're very openly making us pay for our "free" games in turn as well...)

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@redd214 Yeah, that's a pretty incredible discount. Thanks for posting!

Ralizah

EvilLucario

Damn, that solidified my Day 1 buy. Gonna preorder from that right now.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

Got the Deluxe Edition locked in for $61 after tax. Not bad at all.

Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Crap, that is a good deal...think I'll go for it. Thank you.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is also $10 off for pre-ordering on Amazon.

Doom Eternal as well.

Actually, a bunch of new and pre-orders for upcoming games are on sale. Samurai Shodown, Wolfenstien: Youngblood, Code Vein, and a couple more...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Arrogant Sony is back in full force. As if that wasn't already apparent.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Ralizah

@Tsurii Sony needs to get slapped hard like they were at the beginning of the last gen. It's the only way to keep them from being utterly insufferable.

Ralizah

WebHead

@Tsurii like sony always had a confidence but that was uncalled for imo.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

They also say they are negotiating with third aprty pubs for PS5 timed exclusives and timed exclusive content as well.

WebHead

Ralizah

@WebHead Reminds me of Microsoft's strategy with the 360. Most of their "exclusives" eventually ended up on the PS3 anyway, though.

Ralizah

EvilLucario

Timed exclusivity is super annoying. Microsoft sucks with it, Sony sucks with it, Epic Games sucks with it.

But it works so companies are gonna spam it. Bah.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Good to know Sony has learned absolutely nothing. I'll probably wait 5 years before I grab the PS5, between their self-righteous desire to tell other companies what is or isn't appropriate without actually making clear guidelines, going all-in on expensive future-proofing hardware that will limit purchases for the average consumer (myself included, $400 was pushing it for the PS4 ffs. I looked online and I can't get even half of what they're saying they're putting in the PS5 for under $600. Even if they lose-lead for a few years, it's all but guaranteed to be a rerun of the PS3's launch), and now they're going to focus on big-budget AAA titles, while doing little to nothing to highlight the smaller titles that bring genuine creativity to this industry?

Yeah, no, call me when they've come back down to Planet Earth, please.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I now have the PS4's biggest exclusive killer app downloading!

Of course I'm talkin' Knack(!), which I got in one of the sales for $4 or something earlier this year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

WebHead

I bet Street Fighter VI will be a PS Console exclusive.

WebHead

CanisWolfred

WebHead wrote:

I bet Street Fighter VI will be a PS Console exclusive.

Dude, if Capcom continues on the trajectory they've taken SFV in, it could be a mobile exclusive for all I care...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic