Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 11,941 to 11,960 of 12,272

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

You mean games in general? Or Final Fantasy games? I wouldn't say Final Fantasy designs tend to be that practical at all. They've often been completely ridiculous and are designed purely to look kinda cool. I mean FFX/X-2 has both a skirt made out of belts:

Untitled

And the good old classic 'bikini with scarf', for people whose neck exists in a different climate from their chest.

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

darkfenrir

@Dezzy A bit more like in general and anime / manga industries to be honest. (My FF exposure right now is FF 9 / 12 /15, and 9 follows the conventional costumes nicely iirc)

And wow, those are very bad lol, pretty much the "this is cool" category design and will be destroyed to hell and back if you are in class.

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

DannyBoi

Got a question about PS Now. If I don't resubscribe to it for a certain amount of time, will they keep my save files?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

RR529

How are the .Hack RPGs? They currently have a big sale going on for PS+ members, and they have a collection of .Hack RPGs for $15 (it consists of 3 remastered PS2 games, and a 4th entry newly made just for the collection, though I'm not sure how big that last one is).

I usually prefer to grab previous gen remasters on Switch, but this seems like a lot of content for a great price.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

CanisWolfred

@RR529 I haven't played it yet, but the GU games were more positively recieved than their predecessors, and the remakes have similarly been praised for bringing some worthwhile upgrades to the mix. They're 3 (now 4) interconnected games, IIRC, so it feels more like one long game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

darkfenrir

@RR529 The overall story is good, but be warned that you can definitely get burnout of seeing the same dungeon background...

I played it through in around a week just to get through the story, and holy shit if I'm 100% glad that I don't need to stare at those same dungeons once more. Overall the gameplay's not bad though (Although since I play the cheating difficulty I can't say much), and the growth of the characters are the shining moments for it.

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Oh yeah, forgot to ask this, anyone here getting Judgement? The new spin-off by the ones making Yakuza series?

I've been looking at the Let's Play and goddamn it looks like it'll play amazing (and looks amazing to boot!)

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Ralizah

I lost interest as soon as it became clear that it was a Yakuza spinoff, unfortunately.

Ralizah

RR529

@CanisWolfred, @darkfenrir, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it's worth a shot at that price, so I'll see if I can get it before the sale is over.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

JihyoFanboy

Ralizah wrote:

I lost interest as soon as it became clear that it was a Yakuza spinoff, unfortunately.

I mean, wasn't it obvious from the get go? Yakuza spinoffs aren't exactly hiding their relation to the parent series.

JihyoFanboy

Ralizah

@redd214 Worst month yet. I think I'm more interested in whatever old NES ROMs Nintendo dredges up next month.

Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Hey now, Horizon Shift Turbo looked cool...3 years ago, when they first announced the Kickstarter page for it. It didn't shape up into anything worthwhile, replicating the basics of Outrun while completely leaving out the timer aspects that were core to the game's sense of exhilerating challenge. But at least they got their Kickstarter money...and their publisher money...and I guess Sony's compensating them for being the monthly free game...

Yeah, I think I'd rather have Ice Climbers forcibly installed on my hard drive.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

redd214

@Ralizah that's cool, hope next month is more to your taste, we will enjoy both of these I'm sure

redd214

Ralizah

@redd214 I am glad you're happy with this selection. Someone will always end up being the negative nancy. This month, that's me.

@CanisWolfred This is one of those games I look at and think that it's probably not worth the effort involved with carving out time to play it on a home console. Especially when I have a very nice copy of Outrun installed on my 3DS! Although, if I'm being honest, Super Hang-On is more to my taste.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Spanjard

Haha yeah, me subscribing this year might have been my worst investment yet. I was really thinking about playing this one game online, but in the end I lost interest lol.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JihyoFanboy

Weird, the camera's drifting a bit on my copy of RDR2 - nothing that ruins gameplay, just some horizontal drifting. Tested it on the rest of my library and it's happening to Berseria too. I'm gonna have to clean my controller again to see if that fixes it. It's only been 8 months, it can't be broken already.

Edited on by JihyoFanboy

JihyoFanboy

RR529

After checking my funds, I decided to buy that .Hack collection that's on sale. Probably won't play it soon since I recently completed Tales of Zestiria, but I'm excited to eventually try it nonetheless.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Ralizah

@RR529 I played the G.U. games more than a decade ago on PS2. They're fun, and give the impression that you're playing a sort of in-universe MMO (which makes sense, given the broader premise of the .hack franchise).

It's just a pity that the first set of .hack games was never remastered.

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic