Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,941 to 11,960 of 16,084

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Pokemon's in the same position that you suggested for Smash, plenty of people's favourite Pokemon will end up being the next pre-Ultimate Pichu (get cut for a few games).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

I do wonder, with Sony's current approach to being the place for AAA titles and potentially having a $600 PS5...

Do you reckon they will continue to market PS4 as a budget platform for a long as possible, treating PS5 as a high-end alternative for enthusiasts?

We already had a lag this gen where PS3 and 360 were still being supported well into the next generation. With ever diminishing returns on new hardware, it seems the urge to upgrade can only get smaller. Maybe Sony knows something we don't, and expects PS4 to remain dominant over PS5 for a good while, with the latter only getting the most technically ambitious titles?

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Octane

@Buizel I don't think so, but they will definitely push $150-200 PS4 bundles during next year's holiday.

$600 is way too much for the PS5 though. I reckon it's going to be $399, or $499 at most.

Octane

Ralizah

$399 is way too cheap for the rumored tech, and $599... well, I guess we'll see how arrogant Sony really is.

My money is still on $499.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

$599 would just lead to a repeat of E3 2006.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

$599 would just lead to a repeat of E3 2006.

This. And that's why it won't happen.

Octane

Banjo-

My bet is $€500 for both Scarlett and PS5 like Xbox One X.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

$500 is more sane, but I'm still unconvinced that's a viable price point to move a mass market console unless they do as @Buizel says and really make it a premium outlier with PS4 still running full speed.

@CanisWolfred I dunno, over in the Pokemon thread people seem eager for extra animals included just for the sake of it. That may help sell the Mercedes there.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@redd214 But what if Nintendo releases an 8K 120fps Switch Pro with 5 TB SD card included first, huh? HUH?

NEStalgia

redd214

If anyone is in the market for one, the Playstation Classic is down to $25 just about everywhere (US). Still haven't even opened mine lol.

redd214

RR529

Oh my, it's been over a week since the last post here (Looks like Thanos has successfully made Xbox the "other" console of choice for NL readers, as it's threads have been much more active as of late, lol).

Anyhow I finished up Knack the other day (put my full impressions in the "Games You Recently Beat?" thread), which was pretty pedestrian, but not the trainwreck I was almost expecting it to be based on it's reputation. I'd be interested in trying out the sequel in the future.

I just started up Batman: Return to Arkham Asylum tonight (got the Return to Arkham collection & Gravity Rush Remastered for under $18 in the current "Retro Sale"). Never played any of the Batman games before, but Asylum is off to a good start. The Metroid influence is obvious in terms of map design, and the combat is similar enough to Spider-Man that I've picked it right up.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

I mean, I've still been playing games on the PS4 regularly...I really outta play Arkham Assylum again, I remember having a great time with that. City was already out by then, so I think I got distracted by the shiny new thing at the time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

EvilLucario

I'm juggling God of War 2018 and Dark Souls II right now. Playing GoW 2018 on Give Me A Challenge and Dark Souls II with Company of Champions (which is hard mode).

They're both ok. Dark Souls II has a ton of problems but I'm still enjoying it. GoW is decent but combat doesn't feel as good as Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne imo. Will need to play more of it though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

Just started a third playthrough of GOW and man game is still fantastic! Also running through Horizon Chase Turbo, almost have the Platinum, and some other Plus games I've neglected in the past. Probably won't be buying any other Ps4 games until Borderlands 3 comes out unless there's a great sale on something.

redd214

Octane

I'm definitely getting Control in August, and Death Stranding later this year.

Octane

BruceCM

Octane wrote:

I'm definitely getting Death Stranding later this year.

Assuming that isn't delayed....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

I'm good on PS4 games for the rest of the year. I still have 40+ hours, at least, of Horizon: Zero Dawn left in front of me, in addition to a couple more PS+ titles I want to attend to before my sub expires.

I may or may not download a cheap (sub-$15) game in a sale, but, otherwise, all my other PS4 purchases will be next year.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

WebHead

I do wonder if sega is going to be able to survive next gen.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic