Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,981 to 12,000 of 16,084

CanisWolfred

avensisdada wrote:

School Girl/Zombie Hunter is one of Tamsoft’s most mediocre games that will only hold your attention for a little while.

No offense, but I figured that out after watching a few minutes of gameplay footage...if I hadn't been told a veteran studio had made it, I would've thought it was a cheap asset flip you'd see on Steam.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NEStalgia

Whipeout's intense in 2D. In VR it's a whole other world. Awesome, but yeah, you can't binge it....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I read that as "PS5 remake" and I'm thinking..."whaaaa?"

Ok, so it's a remake of a PS3/PS4 game.....on PS4.....I'm still on "whaaa?"

Any word if there's going to be a DLC kit for upgrading P5 to P5R for PS4 owners the same way Square did with WoFF to WoFF Maxima? Or am I going to buy the same game for a 4th time now?

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia It's a full retail remake, unfortunately. No upgrade package, unless they announce something. I just opted to sell my vanilla copy of P5. By the time I get the urge to spend another 120+ hours in that world, the Royal version of the game will likely be significantly discounted anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah How do you have a full remake of a game that launched on THE SAME PLATFORM? Much as I love Atlus games, my opinion of Atlus just decreased a bit. I haven't played the original yet, bought Take Your Heart Edition at launch, then bought digitally a year ago.... was planning to play it maybe after Ys 8 and Vesperia.... But I suppose not now.

Must be the new management. Persona 5: Saturn Edition.

If they bring it to Switch (Joker in Smash) I can forgive them since I'd re-buy anyway .

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Same thing happened with Persona 3. The vanilla version was followed a couple of years later by the significantly upgraded FES edition of the game.

You could always just ignore the Royal version of the game. It's not like Persona 5 vanilla isn't packed with content already.

Thankfully, this only seems to happen with Persona games. SMT is safe from same-platform remakes and re-releases.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Pokemon third versions are pretty much remakes on the same platform as the original (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Ultra Sun/Moon).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Ralizah After P4G, I can't just "ignore" an enhanced version of an Atlus game. Looks like I'll be waiting until 2020 to play. And port begging on Switch.

@Grumblevolcano I never really understood all those versions, though I never played, Crystal, Emerald Platinum....and skipped USUM since I'd moved onto Switch by then. (Actually I haven't played S/M yet either for the same reason...)

NEStalgia

Trajan

On your guys recommendation I started Nier Automata. You guys were right. I'm still fairly early in fighting Adam, but this game gives me Xenoblade 1 vibes. The combat feels right for the world despite hating Bayonetta. This is a wonderful game.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

RR529

Finished up School Girl Zombie Hunter this morning (put full thoughts in the "Games you Recently Beat?" thread).

I think it's about time for another JRPG, so I think I'll be playing .HackGU: Recode next, which I got in a sale awhile ago.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

Trajan wrote:

How is Soul Calibur 6 on PS4? I've recently been playing 2 on OG Xbox with a friend, and have become addicted. Never liked a fighting game besides Smash before.

I love it. I don't like many fighting games either. Smash, Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur are the only ones I really enjoy.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

Finished Wolfenstein Youngblood. Having played it start to finish with a friend might have given me an askewed perspective, but this wasn't as awful as some suggested. I still prefer this progression system over the standard Wolfenstein progression which asks that you play in ways you probably wouldn't want to. But if I had played this solo I probably would've been pulling my hair out.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Trajan

@Dezzy Yeah I picked it up two weeks ago. It's pretty awesome. Dare say I think I like it more than Smash due to the close range.

Bandai-Namco sure can make fighting games.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

MsJubilee

I bought a whole bunch of Assassins Creed games in that summer sale, for some reason i wanted to get back into the franchise. Stopped at 4(tried Unity on my Xb1 years back and didn't like it) and never look back, but yet here i am, gave Ubisoft my money( i feel like crap doing that to be perfectly honest).

I did try Origins a couple of months ago, didn't like it. The combat felt sluggish and amateurish, the side quests were god awful, the first story cutscene made me burst into laughter on how bad it was. I might give Origins another chance, maybe.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

Started up .Hack: Recode last night. Combat so far, at least what I've actually been able to play of it, has been simple but fun.

Graphically you can definitely tell it's PS2 roots, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

It looks like it's going to be DENSE in terms of story & lore though. So far all the cutscenes have been quite long (long enough that during both play sessions I've had so far, I've wondered if I'd get the chance to save before having to quit). Also, the game takes place in a fictional MMO, and so the main menu is designed to look like a computer screen, and goes as far to provide an encyclopedia of things in the game and even has mockup "game news" & even "player forums" pages for you to trawl through, though I'm not sure how integral to the main story they're going to be.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

darkfenrir

@RR529 they'll have things that connect to the main stories, and give signs of what is happening. Definitely don't neglect them, imo. Very good gauging of what is happening irl in game as well.

Also, they sometimes contain hint on areas to explore for certain stuff iirc (like number combination)

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

Sony has bought Insomniac Games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

So did Stormland get canceled? I mean I know we are in a brave new world of devs putting games on many systems regardless of bank rolling but still...

Granted insomniac is a good fit...most of their portfolio is sony anyway...so um Spiderman 2 soon yeah?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

I distinctly remember the Insomniac owner saying that independence from a publisher was crucial to their company. Lol. Oh well. Guess that's just business. They probably figured Sony is quite a good owner because they'll largely be able to do the same stuff they were doing anyway.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic