Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,901 to 10,920 of 16,083

NEStalgia

@RR529 Titanfall 2 was a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect a nicely built world and such great feeling guns (the best of any shooter, IMO.) Short campaign though.

@Ralizah Whoa! Switch? Switch?? Will there be Switch? Don't do this to us!! sigh I hate when series have one entry that goes to Nintendo and then reverts back to PS. It's ME 3 all over again!

NEStalgia

redd214

Posted this in the Xbox thread figured may as well here too. Simple way to get GTAV free and maybe make a couple bucks in the prices!

redd214 wrote:

If anyone is interested in GTAV there is a way to get it "free" from Amazon us if you have Prime. Takes a few steps but worked easily enough for me. Here's the details :

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Ys VIII sold well on Switch in the West. Whether it comes to Switch is probably highly dependent on whether NIS localizes it again.

With that said, I sold Ys VIII on Switch and will likely repurchase it on PS4 when it goes on sale again. I'll also be purchasing Ys IX on PS4.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Tsurii There's a difference between protecting data, and putting an open house sign at a yard sale and baking everyone a pie. All data can be had, all too easily but chrome's entire purpose for existing is for you to voluntarily hand them data in organized spoon fed fashion. It's not a "browser", it's literally a datamining tool designed for you to simply tunnel all your data right to them. It's actual spyware they've convinced people to intentionally install. That's it's only function. I mean if I hand you a browser that works really well and sends me absolutely everything you've done in it, would you use it? If yes, I'm going to get started on that right now, you'll have it by the end of January, and I'll have a LOT of new stuff by the end of March....

But aside from the data, the open holes left in it to facilitate acquiring that data, makes it a massive hole for every other bit of malware to get into as well, which turns it from a privacy crisis into a security crisis. I mean there's absolutely no win at all to it other than "it's a little faster at loading pages than some others."

I'm not sure what I find more troubling, that so few people know just how invasive their technology is and how it's going to negatively impact them later, or how fewer still seem to care even when they find out. It's bad enough that it's difficult or impossible to protect your data. I mean if everyone is so apathetic about giving away their stuff, I definitely want a piece of this action, and a Swiss bank account.

But seriously, Chrome is a massive security hole. I'm guessing a bunch of university and high school students might find Chrome "cool" and "who cares about data", "web technology" professionals just follow the currents and have to stick with it, and maybe some creative professionals like it (but they all use Safari, right? ) , but in the business sphere, Chrome isn't even a laughing stock, it's a violation of policy, and a willful security breach.

@Ralizah Hmm....you'd think Switch would be a big priority now for NIS in general what with it dominating at home. Also, NIS and the holiday sale are going to bankrupt me.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Pretty much everything NIS publishes is coming to Switch. Disgaea 5's success really seems to have wowed the company. Which is great, as it likely ensures Disgaea games on the system well into the future.

RR529

I don't know if anyone looked carefully look at Cobalt's post (or if they just have them on ignore), but it's actually neat.

It's a screengrab of the new Christmas theme Sony gave away to certain PS4 owners, that alternates between "Happy Holidays" & "PlayStation" in festive holiday themed lighting, but if you pay attention, the S in PlayStation is really a 5.

@NEStalgia, yeah, I'm liking it quite a bit. FPS don't usually excite me, but I liked the look of this one. Just beat KANE, the first boss pilot, and have started working my way through the next level.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

@RR529 I would just like to clarify that I saw the post and got the reference, but have absolutely nothing to add, since the PS5 being on the horizon has been all but confirmed since, like...June, I think? Normally I don't put much stock in rumors, but the body of evidence is difficult to ignore. Quite frankly, the amount of teasing has done the opposite effect and made me numb to the inevitable official announcement/reveal...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@RR529 @CanisWolfred It was also the fifth anniversary of the PS4. Either way, it doesn't really mean anything I think. We all know it's coming at some point, whether this was a nod to the PS5 or not.

Octane

Ralizah

https://www.pcgamer.com/embargoed-11am-pdt-sekiro-from-softwa...

This... sounds like it might be fun?

Not willing to pick it up day one, but it sounds sufficiently different from their Souls games to be interesting.

Now just add a map. Even a bad one. I hate constantly being lost and not knowing where to go in your games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

YES, it is an action adventure game. My actual bread and butter. Yep cant wait... I wont get it day one cuz I'm broke but cant wait to watch youtube videos to torture myself.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@RR529 When I see EA, I usually think "bland shooter", but I was really shocked by how good the weapons "feel" to fire. The audio/rumble/effects click I think more than any other shooter I've played. And the mech/jetpack controls really work astonishingly well. It's really a sleeping gem ignored by most of gaming for some reason (probably due to some of the Titanfall 1 launch antics...)

You know I saw the font difference on the S in those screens, but it didn't click with me as a 5...I just thought it was two different typefaces for unknown reasons. Maybe it really is a 5 teaser....that's still kinda weird of them to do, IMO. Especially since there's pretty much no chance of an announce before at least August, otherwise they wouldn't be skipping E3.

@CanisWolfred It's not much of a rumor, really, they already said they're winding down on PS4 like a year ago or more, and more or less referred to last E3 as a "transition year" to borrow Reggies awkward NX year quote. I agree with you though, all the teasing, PS5 feels like old news, and I'm really not all that interested in it. 2019 seems like a light year for PS4, I'm gathering stuff I missed for it (and getting the new machine to replace the beeper), and then....PS5 can safely be ignored for a few years while it likely launches with few games. E3 builds that "OMG NEW CONSOLEZ!" hype....this weird 2 years of "yeah, it'll happen soon, but focus on PS4 now, and we're going to ignore E3, and probably do our own thing randomly while nobody is watching at some closed event" cycle has killed hype for me. I'm more fearful of what restrictions and policy changes they'll have than the confirmation of the "same but faster" hardware spec we already know to expect. TBH neither PS5 nor X2 have me terribly hyped. X2 we know will be "a faster PC to run all our games on" which is actually nice to know. PS5 comes with the added lottery of "will it, won't it" support PS4 games. Maybe that's not a bad thing though. Maybe consoles can just be background noise you upgrade periodically rather than "new toy I must have", and then we can focus on games instead. I've actually been enjoying that cycle on current gen. The hardware got out of the way (except Switch which is just special.)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Yeah Sekiro seems so good. And we know FROM has the chops to make great games, even if some of their games have not been to our liking (such as games that rhyme with Crud Bore-n), but I have to say I'm more stoked for Sekiro than Tsushima for the moment. I'm not even a big FROM fan but I pre-ordered Sekiro digitally....I'm locked in now! I LOVE RPGs, but I'm so happy to hear it's not an RPG. IMO the RPG-ing was the worst aspect of Soulsborne...its focus was combat and it really didn't need to be an RPG...that just distracted from what people really liked about the games.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I wouldn't go that far. It looks fun, but Tsushima... I dunno, it just seems more involving to me. It's beautiful. Although, crucially, we know nothing about how it'll really play, which is important. Either way, I agree that Bloodborne didn't need to be an RPG. I think From has been wanting to make a real action game again for years. Once they saw how well people took to the streamlining of RPG aspects in Bloodborne, it probably wasn't a huge jump to just making a pure action game like Sekiro. Kind of like what gradually happened to Mass Effect, except that was actually really good as a more exploratory RPG, and I'll never stop being salty over how they ruined it with the sequels.

Also excited there's no MP aspects. The messages people would leave are OK, I guess, but I'm not sad that someone isn't going to invade my game and try to kill me because someone, somewhere, happened to ring a bell.

In general, if the game cuts down on the cryptic nonsense from their Souls games (and Bloodborne), I'll enjoy it a lot more.

Edited on by Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah I do think that they should stop doing the cryptic BS with their games, but for a different reason: it's getting stale at this point. It was actually pretty cool that a game would be so secret heavy back in 2011, but now it ran its course.

So hopefully they just make it a linear game so people don't need to jump through hoops just to get to the best content in their games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

I find it kinda funny how in an age where games are tripping over themselves to emulate the Dark Souls kind of combat and world design, now From Software themselves are making a game taking inspiration from games like Zelda. If they got rid of the needlessly cryptic story telling and just make a regular old story campaign, that would be the cherry on top

Gotta say, I'm a fan of the new changes. Should make things way more exciting.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I'm looking forward to Tsushima...it's the only exclusive this year I have any interest in (just ignoring Kojimafest unless it surprises me.) It's a must buy still, but Sekiro is more exciting to me. Tsushima looks good, and, more importantly, I trust Sucker Punch to deliver a solid progression system that keeps me hooked. But the combat "looks like a Sony game." That's not a bad thing per-se but it's kind of tired and not as exciting as Sekiro. Love the world though.

@Ralizah I'd argue that Dark Souls should never have been an RPG either. It's loved for it's nature as a combat focused Metroidvania, more or less, not for it's RPG prowess....it ain't exactly an Atlus or TES game as far as RPG systems. The RPG garbage just got in the way of the series' primary concepts. I'm with you on Mass Effect though. I recently looked at the start of 1 again....it was so good....

IMO, gameplay wise, Sekiro is the game Souls and Borne wanted to be but were bogged down in expectations and didn't live up to it. Demon's Souls was too big a hit to walk away from the formula, but I don't think they wanted to keep remaking that.

@PikPI Yeah I'd say Zelda + Ninja Gaiden and oddly Nioh which took it's inspiration from Souls and Gaiden. I guess it proves FROM likes to innovate if just as everyone copies their last innovation they move onto other stuff. I do hope they fix the storytelling. So far it seems like it might go that way. The fact that it takes place in Japan makes me think it will use a more Japanese storytelling mechanism simply because it fits the environment.

I'll say that Darksiders III really is a fun take on a lighter Dark Souls clone. It got too much hate out of the gates.

NEStalgia

RR529

Okay, how in the heck do you beat Ash in Titanfall 2?

I just tried like six times in a row and haven't made any progress against them. Decided to quit for the night before I got too frustrated. They're constantly in your face with their shotgun & sword, to the point that it seems that you need to boost around more than is actually possible to avoid her attacks, and anytime I try using the vortex shield (that ability that lets you send back enemy fire) I've already taken more rounds than I capture.

I've actually gotten close a couple of times, but late in the fight two lesser mechs will show up to support her & I either get brutalized by them trying to finish her off, or brutalized by her trying to destroy them.

EDIT: I just beat her. No particular strategy, just managed to tough it out.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

funnyman420

I got the PS4 Black Friday bundle and Spider-Man is amazing! What suit power is everyone's favorite?

shut

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic