Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,921 to 10,940 of 11,473

Dezzy

Was that a Dragon Age 4 teaser we got from Bioware?

They didn't even say the name of the game.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

PikPi

@Dezzy yeah, at least, bf said it had something to do with dragon age 2? Never played so I can't say for certain.

I'm super glad God of War won game of the year over RDR2, I was worried the awards would be too predictable. Also that obsidian game announcement feels like a very very subtle passive aggressive dig at Bethesda.

"from the original creators of fallout" haha

PikPi

Dezzy

@PikPi

I'm not sure that was a dig at Bethesda. I think it's just a factually accurate statement.

PikPi

@Dezzy lol yeah I know. Though I'm not the only one who interpreted it that way. So intentional or not, it's funny timing.

PikPi

NEStalgia

@Dezzy True, though FC5 is about blowing stuff up in redneck country. It has a fun element to it (though the main enemy is too disturbing/real to enjoy. Min was a funny nutjob. "Father" is just a dangerous nutjob, no humor attached. There's a lot that's cool about FC5, but they got the theme/characters all wrong, lost the sense of zany despite crazy with it's villains and themes, and tried to go serious hostage crisis. Like mixing Tom Clancy and Far Cry....not a good mix. (fortunately the rest of the game is fine.)

But this...it's not just the controversial cover....the very concept of the game just sounds terrible, like they expected Fallout76 would be a resounding success and already had their "me too" (not #metoo) game in the works to ride the coat tails of it. Which Ubisoft does a lot. Except Fallout76 is a disaster, and this just lands in the middle of the fallout (pun only half intended.)

@PikPi Oohhh, Obsidian announced something? Is it one last multiplat voyage, or is that their first XBox exclusive? The "From the original creators of Fallout" part is really interesting....both clawing their identity from Bethesda's squandering it, but also...the actual original creator was Brian Fargo...at inExile....and co-created by Feargus. MS clarified that they will keep inExile and Obsidian separate despite their shared history....but.....if it's "the original creators" it makes me think (happily) they're playing loose with the dividers between Brian and Feargus already....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Fallout was sold to Bethesda by prior owner Interplay/Black Isle Studios (Brian Fargo's company before, but it was hostilly overtaken by investors which is what led to his exile and the sale of Fallout and Bioware and Volition running adrift.) . inExile (Brian Fargo) released Wasteland 2 and never made a peep about the Fallout brand, even though Fallout 1 was actually Wasteland 2 (making Wasteland 2 the real Fallout 3....or Wasteland 4 depending on how you think about it.) The fact they chose now to start throwing around the Fallout name at Obsidian/inExile?/MS despite having no claim or association to it other than New Vegas? Yeah...that's a dig at Bethesda.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

This Farcry looks more like they needed to reuse the assets from FC5 so came up with the easiest way of doing that.
It looks like Rage 2 but about a century earlier.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy The bigger question is why they need a Farcry game every 10 months suddenly? I keep think it's a pseudo DLC thing....like Primal that's more spinoff than actual FC game. They reused a heck of a lot from 5 to the point that it's mostly an FC5 mod.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Dezzy @Ralizah @Octane so ubi sent emails... The new farcry is indeed a continuation story from fc5 so its more like a full price stand alone dlc than a true new fc. I can sleep better now.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia it's "budget" priced it's only $40 seems a bit more reasonable there

redd214

MsJubilee

40 dollars for a game that's set in the same map that was in the last game. Ooh boy that doesn't ring any alarms. What worse we got some hideous looking villains(generic to say the least), and everything is pink. Why is everything pink?

Off topic. Recently beat The Last Of Us. Decent game. Had it's moments, but that's pretty much it. But like hell it's no masterpiece. Might buy part 2 when ever that comes out, i'm actually interested in it now.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CanisWolfred

I figured Obsidian's next game would be Xbox-exclusive, but I guess it's coming to PS4 and Steam, according to the trailer. I like the look of it, and its sense of humor. And thanks to Fallout 76, I've seen plenty of reasons why Obsidian has done the RPG part of Fallout better than Bethesda, so maybe I'll have a solid chance of enjoying it, especially since most of my complaints with New Vegas turned out to be holdovers from Fallout 3 that I didn't recognize until I took off my rose-tinted glasses.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Ralizah

The Outer Worlds struck me as a sort of spiritual successor to New Vegas. I'm done with Bethesda, but I might give this a chance.

Ralizah

Dezzy

MsJubilee wrote:

and everything is pink. Why is everything pink?

Lol your avatar is princess peach.

Octane

@Ralizah Wow, it is literally Fallout, isn't it? With the 60s/70s theme, they're even using an old classic song in their trailer like the Fallout games. Timing is perfect with the trainwreck that is Fallout 76. I kinda like the art style. If it doesn't play like any other broken Bethesda game I'll put it on my wishlist, I'm kinda interested now.

I just learned Ashen had become an Xbox exclusive. That kinda sucks, because I was looking forward to it...

Anyway, other highlights of the show from what I've seen are Among Tree and The Last Campfire:

The Last Campfire was pretty much the last thing I expected from Hello Games.

Octane

BrainOfGrimlock

So so happy to see Obsidian getting some love - they’ve been the nearly but not quite dev company for as long as I can remember! So many of their games have been almost epic - either rushed due to ridiculous deadlines (KOTOR 2, New Vegas), ‘great but flawed’ because of funding (Alpha Protocol), or the credit has been taken by the publisher (Ubi for South Park SoT, Bethesda for NV).

Pillars was great (as was tyranny) but they’re pretty niche in terms of style so don’t expect lots here to have played, but hopefully with the MS acquisition and this new game they’re working on they’ll get the recognition AND the platform they need to make a true landmark title (a bit like Larian did with Divinity OS2)!

BrainOfGrimlock

Ralizah

@Octane I've been wanting another Obsidian-developed 3D Fallout game for years. I'll never get that, but this... is close enough, I think. But they have no excuses now. No Bethesda to hide behind if the game is a buggy mess.

Only other game of theirs I've played is Stick of Truth. It's definitely a solid RPG, although I think I enjoy that moreso because it's such a perfect little reflection of the South Park universe.

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic