Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,921 to 10,940 of 16,084

RR529

In Titanfall 2 I just cleared the mission where you had to get that satellite dish back up & running. The boss here was much easier than the last one. Only took me one try.

@BigMac1204, never played around too much with the suit powers (I mostly just used the standard one that charges up focus), but as for the suits themselves I really liked the Comic one, and the suits taken from Homecoming & Infinity War. I also liked the more militaristic look of the MKII.

Agree that it's a great game. I have a few small issues with it, but overall I'd say it's definitely in the upper tier of games I've played this year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

The Titanfall 2 campaign is really great. It feels like something that was designed a decade or so ago but with modern graphics. Feels a bit like a Half-life campaign or something.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RR529

Just beat Viper in Titanfall 2! I was a bit nervous at first because they can fly & I'm not really good at my boosting game, but while I did die a few times, I eventually won after switching to the Tone loadout.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Sadist

Completed Uncharted 4 last week. What a ride it was and what a good way to say goodbye to Nate, Elena and Sully. I’m going to miss those crazy treasure hunters. I was a bit annoyed about Nate lying to Elena though. She actually saw that he was missing out on his adventures. Fantastic setpieces btw. And some of the visuals in this game, oh man.

Also completed and platinumed Spider-Man. As a Marvel fan, it was everything I wanted from a Spidey game. Peter being quippy, swinging around Manhattan felt soooo good. Especially when all the upgrades get unlocked and comboing fools like no tomorrow.

I really liked the endgame btw; oh man those were some great boss battles. Without a doubt my second favourite game after Smash this year.

As for now I’ve been playing Yakuza Kiwami and Untill Dawn. Kiwami is my second Yakuza outing and its so much fun. While you can see its PS2 origins, it such a lovely game. Kiryu looks like the biggest badass ever, but in the end he’s just a big teddybear. Plus the Majima Anywhere thing, I love the crazyness.

Untill Dawn is also interesting. The shrink thing reminds me of Silent Hill Shattered Memories, but he comes on too strongly. Its the typical “teenager slasher/murder” thing, but its fun to be the one in control this time around.

Oh and I just let one girl die because I thought she was annoying. No fudge given.

Sadist

Ralizah

Sadist wrote:

Untill Dawn is also interesting. The shrink thing reminds me of Silent Hill Shattered Memories, but he comes on too strongly. Its the typical “teenager slasher/murder” thing, but its fun to be the one in control this time around.

So you're not too far into Until Dawn yet, I take it?

I liked the idea of Until Dawn, but I ultimately wasn't a huge fan of the story it was trying to tell, and hated all of the slasher-bait characters.

Even not really liking Naughty Dog's games that much, though, I also liked Uncharted 4. Easily my favorite game in the series. I think it was a good idea to cool it on the supernatural stuff and focus more on the characters.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

RR529

Started up DQXI this morning. Haven't done much yet other than complete the "training" dungeon, scour my home village for items, and fight basic enemies like Slimes, Bunicorns, Drackys, & Creulcumbers, so not much to say so far other than it's Dragon Quest & it's beautiful.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Sadist

@Ralizah

Nah I’m on my first playthrough so I just go with the flow. I agree that the characters and the story are relying on tropes in the genre, but thats more intentional.

Sadist

WebHead

Wonder if we will get anymore hardware revisions?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

@Octane probably. Maybe a super cheap disc less ps4 super slim in 2020 but even then unlikely. All hands are on deck for ps5 which i think is releasing in March 2020.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MsJubilee

After beating Doom(2016) recently started playing God Of War. I have to say, the game is extremely fun. Not 10/10, but still fun, has problems right off the bat like for instance the camera being too close to Kratos back. I extremely despise that! I keep getting hit from something off screen, it's stupid, never understood why Sony has a hard on for the camera being stuck on the protagonist's back.

All in all i'm having a blast with God Of War, the game is a ton better than The Last Of Us and that bore fest called Horizon Zero Dawn that's for sure.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Octane

@MsJubilee I believe quick turn is one of the abilities you can unlock. Pay close attention to Atreus though, he warns you when there are incoming attacks from behind.

Octane

MsJubilee

@Octane I know you can do all of this, but that still doesn't solve the gripe i have with the game. I might be doing a combo and now i have to stop all that to roll away. But you can still get hit by the others trying to dodge the off screen attacker. That's stupid.

Also don't like when there's a walking segment and i want to look around with the camera but i cant, why? Cause it's glued on Kratos back, that happens quite frequently in The Last Of Us and now with this. Ugh

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

Got a $25 Amazon gift card which (after redeeming for $25 PSN credit) I used to get God of War in the sale. It'll probably be a few months before I get to it though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

redd214

PS Classic down to $60 everywhere lol. Still haven't opened mine yet. I'm expecting sub $50 in January!

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp since the ps classic is cheap now I think I'll get one.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

redd214

For anyone in the US there is another loophole to get it even cheaper. If you have a Cartwheel card it's showing 40% off the normal price (so 59.99), if you can get them to price match AND do the 40% off it comes out to $35.99. Highly dependent on the cashier but I just got it to work. Went to the youngest cashier I could find (who was crazily enough a manager at only 19) and he took care of it. At 36 bucks this is an absolute steal!

redd214

redd214

January PS+ titles:

Steep (PS4)
Portal Knights (PS4)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3)
Amplitude (PS3)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (PS Vita & PS4)
Super Mutant Alien Assault (PS Vita)

Only one I've played is portal knights. Terrific action rpg lite especially for kids. My boys love it!

redd214

redd214

I thought 2018 was great, shame you didn't agree. Looking forward to trying Steep!

redd214

-Green-

Resi 2 comes out in about a month. Super excited for it, since it's probably the only game I've been looking forward to in a while

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic