Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,921 to 10,940 of 11,102

Octane

@Ralizah Well, do you find new weapons throughout your journey. So you are introduced to new things once in a while. And the game isn't too long, so I personally don't feel it drags on for too long. Of course, I do think that the narrative is important for ND games. If you can't get into the story, it's a lot more difficult to get into the game itself. That's always the worry I have. If TLOU2's story doesn't appeal to me, I can see myself not liking the game as much. And with Neil Druckmann behind the wheel, that's a big worry.

The cables are definitely longer than 4 metres, I'd guess around 4.5 to 5 metres, so about 15 or 16 feet.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane That sounds perfect!

I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on VR equipment to play Tetris, even though I really want to play Tetris in VR. If I ever get it, I'm already planning on playing Resident Evil 7 once I acclimate to the technology (it has been suggested that making Resi 7 my first VR game is a good way to feel sick very quickly). Astro Bot and Moss will likely both be purchases as well. And Summer Lesson, of course.

It's a true pity Konami will never update P.T. to work with VR. It's pretty much the perfect game for VR. It's terrifying on the TV, so I can't imagine what it's like with a headset on.

Maybe something else interesting will release by the time Sony discounts those bundles to $200 again.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Yeah, Astro Bot is great, and the biggest compliment I could give is that it feels like a game Nintendo EAD developed for VR. It's not just a good platformer in VR, but it has unique boss fights, unique environments, none of it is the standard we've come to expect. And I really like how it involves you as a player. The Dualshock is visible in VR, and instead of collecting power ups as Astro Bot, the power ups you find are attachments for the controller. And having something you hold in your hands be visible in VR also helps with the immersion I think.

I'm definitely getting Moss at some point. I got RIGS really cheap, I have a bunch of free demos, and The Last Guardian VR demo is pretty neat as well, even though it only lasts about 20 minutes. And I also got myself a copy of Wipeout. It would be cool if we got another AAA game that is completely playable in VR like RE7.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane if you can find the Batman game it's worthwhile, it's only an hour or show like an interactive Viewmaster slide show but it's fantastic to feel "present" in.

Moss...the best part of moss, VR-wise is the main menu in the library. It's nothing but a menu in a room, but that sold me on PSVR (After I'd already bought it )

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Dezzy The console renders effectively the interlaced image. The processing box splits the image into stereo outputs, does some additional processing to the image for final rendering, does the audio surround processing, and of course handles synchronizing it, and the actual headset/tracker handling.

Occulus is kind of a nerd toy joke. Sure it's great. It's a Ferrari of video game toys, like a NeoGeo back in the 90's. If you've got the coin to spend on a limited headset that will probably be obsoleted every other year, and the mega-rig to run it, you're either the uber hardcore, or aren't into games to begin with. Nobody buys that except for people with a lot of spare change and and a deep love of games/gadgets. Not exactly the mainstream. And Facebook I think wanted it to revolutionize video socializing but ran into enough other problems of their own in the mean-time.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Cover art for the new Far Cry leaked.

Untitled

Oh dear.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PikPi

Haha, this will be fun to watch

PikPi

Octane

Battlefield V all over again, innit?

Octane

NEStalgia

@Ralizah What the...I mean...why....where....like...what........I can't even......

They have officially brutalized Farcry beyond repair. This looks worse than Malaria. Not hyperbole, I mean, literally.....I thought Malaria: The Game was the low point of the series, but it's not. To think this was a series that started with zombie werewolf beast things in labs on an island.

On a positive note, the chapels look like the FC5 chapels, and there's a US flag in there. Maybe this is just a DLC/side-story-alt timeline for FC5 and not actually an attempt at FC6. Though I think I'd rather have dinner with Pagan Min than play this.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Lol that's the most obvious "lets try and stoke controversy to make people aware of the game" cover I've ever seen.

They did that incredibly successfully with the last game. A lot of people thought the game would be attacking redneck religious types based on the cover. There was even a very suspicious petition that arose calling to cancel the game based on the cover alone (it was suspicious because no-one knew exactly where it came from, it only got about 2000 signatures despite getting a lot of media coverage, and it used really weird language like "miscegenation" that almost no-one uses). But then the actual game was completely uncontroversial. If anything it was kinda pro-redneck.

So that's different than Battlefield V. I think they actually know what their audience wants but they're trying to just generate noise amongst everyone else. Whereas Dice genuinely seemed to think that a legion of 13 year old girls would be buying a military shooter (I bet you my life savings that didn't happen, peoples tastes are not that malleable).

So my prediction is that the game itself will be completely uncontroversial.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Octane

Well, I think Ubisoft thinks Far Cry is like South Park, a franchise for social commentary and controversy. So it isn't a surprise really. I mean, I'll give them that, this cover is perfect for controversy. From the letters in bright pink, to the broken windscreen. It perfectly conveys what it supposed to convey; I think I actually kinda like it because of that.

@Dezzy What's a miscegenation?

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

"Scientific" term for interracial reproduction.

That's why it seemed fake. There are only about 100 young people in the western world who care about things like that (and it's not clear what that had to do with the cover). The petition also blamed video game developers for gamers inability to attract women.

It just had 'parody of what dumb rednecks think' written all over it. My guess is that it was started by someone at Ubisoft purely to generate controversy. Which is what it did. Lots of media reported on it. As long as you follow it up with a game the audience actually likes, this sort of controversy doesn't hurt you at all.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy Well, going by the other Far Cry box arts that tend to heavily feature the bad guys, there's a good chance you'll be playing as the guy tied up to the car, and the two girls in front are the villains. This is just for controversy points. It gets the clicks and views.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Very likely. Or it'll just be a character creator and that cover will have almost nothing to do with anything.
I definitely think they know what they're doing and understand what their audience likes a lot more than Dice does.
The fact that they even "announce" the game cover way before showing any gameplay is pretty telling. If they showed gameplay straight after, people would forget the cover immediately.

Edit: lol they showed gameplay straight after I wrote this. You were right about those 2 being the villains though. The game looks almost identical to Rage 2.

Edited on by Dezzy

redd214

Got into the Anthem alpha, super excited to check it out this weekend!

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

PikPi

It's EA so I'm still extremely cautious but I do admit the trailer was interesting, though it felt like a destiny trailer as well

PikPi

MsJubilee

Ubisoft is woke with those terrible villains. GG

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Dezzy

Was that a Dragon Age 4 teaser we got from Bioware?

They didn't even say the name of the game.

PikPi

@Dezzy yeah, at least, bf said it had something to do with dragon age 2? Never played so I can't say for certain.

I'm super glad God of War won game of the year over RDR2, I was worried the awards would be too predictable. Also that obsidian game announcement feels like a very very subtle passive aggressive dig at Bethesda.

"from the original creators of fallout" haha

PikPi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic