Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,321 to 10,340 of 16,083

NEStalgia

@redd214 Oh good, we can pretend Anthem is Mass Effect 4. Cool story. I'd smile, but my face is tired.

Ahh, so you're looking for internal drives? All I can say is stay away from Samsung SpinPoint 2TB drives. I keep seeing how they have issues that cause long beeps constantly (I found that while researching my own issue where my Pro beeps with the eject beep randomly, and it's getting worse...)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@PikPi I've played part of DQXI, I'm kind of toying with continuing or waiting for it to arrive on Switch, but it's very very very pretty on PS.

It's an excellent game, and a travesty that Square-Enix dumped it with no fanfare. I suppose that's par for the course of S-E's spiral down these days. They couldn't wait to start promoting Tomb Raider so just dumped the "game Westerners don't care about" and ran to TR.

DQXI is DQ with all that implies. It's as traditional as you get, and plays really nice. The girl's inconsistent accent bothers me. But it's a very good DQ game so far. S-E just didn't have confidence in it in the west and spent no marketing on it in their usual way of not understanding their market (meanwhile the Japanese version got no voice acting....and announced that Switch will.....)

NEStalgia

Ralizah

The Witcher 3 it is! That works. I'll just pick it up on Steam after Christmas.

I own the other Witcher games, but I bought them for, like, $5 and can't be bothered to play them. They look clunky as heck.

NEStalgia wrote:

basically you use L2 to aim your weapon. However to interact with objects including talk to NPCs, you also have to aim at them.

What? Why?! That's so stupid. You can't just hit a face button to talk to people like you can in almost every other modern game?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Nope, because R* is EDGY, yo!

Seriously I see what they were trying to do. The idea of walking up to people's faces like the Seinfeld "close talker" to talk to them does kind of kill the whole immersive thing they have going, and the aim to interact thing makes it a bit more like real life that you look at what your'e going to touch or who you're going to talk to. As a concept it makes total sense.

The problem is it just doesn't work, it's a context sensitive button and in a dynamic game, context is often not going to match intent, and other times it just doesn't work as expected by graying out options you intend to use. The other problem is the *$#@ idiotic choice of putting "interact aim" and "gun aim" on the same button. If you're going to implement a broken "look to context-menu interact" at least give it a button that doesn't have you draw a gun on a crowd if the context guesses wrong. Put it on jump or something for crying out loud so you can accidentally do a little "yippie kayay(sp?)" dance instead of threatening people. I've pointed guns at people when trying to talk to them, and not pointed guns at people when trying to shoot them because of this stupidity.

With most of the control issues "you get used to them as you play." But the aim to interact/don't shoot thing just leads to gun safety incidents. The "not drawing a gun" thing I compared in the XB thread to imagine a real gun where in order to fire it, you aim it, pull the trigger, to take the safety off, re-aim, then pull trigger again to fire. Also reload is on circle, and you can't change this....not even with "Standard FPS Controls"

Edit: FWIW it feels like a system pre-made for VR. Aim to interact works like SkyrimVR interaction. But you don't have to hit the "aim gun" button in there....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

redd214

Deal alert for anyone in the US who may have an older ps4 and wants a newer one. Gamestop right now is offering $175 trade in credit on any ps4 even the original 500gb + $25 bonus. They will be selling the Black Friday $200 spiderman 1TB Slim model starting on Sunday. So in essence you can trade in any old ps4 get Spiderman basically free, new warranty etc etc. Plan on going to trade in my older one tommorow!

redd214

EvilLucario

@redd214 Aren't they also offering a $200 PS4 with a $50 gift card? I personally don't want Spider-Man so I'm looking for the other deal for other games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

@EvilLucario They did that last year but its not confirmed for this year yet. You could always trade in Spiderman or sell it on ebay or something. Thats what I plan on doing since I already have it digital

redd214

EvilLucario

@redd214 If they end up not doing the giftcard bundle, I'll just get the Spider-Man bundle and sell it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I have Two Questions about PS4 :

1. I saw there was a Portable Screen for PS4 with name G-Story. Is this WHITE G-Story monitor for PS4 Slim ?
Untitled

2. Is The Sims 4 Bundle with Cats + Dogs PS4 = Same The Sims 4 PS4 with Cats + Dogs Expansion pack in Disc ?
Untitled

Dang It !!
I CANNOT get rid my PS4 Slim because of The Sims 4 games.
If only EA ports THE Sims 4 for Switch....
Well, i think i have to enjoy my remaining PS4 games that i have so far.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

Has anyone heard if there will be any Black Friday deals on Pro? I have a weird issue: My Pro keeps randomly doing the triple-beep, the eject beep, while the system is running. I know that was an issue with OG PS4 with the contact switches, but for the pro with mechanical switches that shouldn't be an issue of randomness. It happened a few times a few months ago, I ignored it, but it's getting worse, I'll be playing and then all of a sudden bee-bee-beep...bee-bee-beep....bee-bee-beep-bee-bee-beep-bee-bee-beep.......bee-bee-beep....and then it's fine for 15-20 minutes then does it again. Then it might be fine for an hour. It's weird. It works 100% perfectly other than the random beeping. But it's getting. On. My. LAST. NERVE!. I can think of no way to fix it, and may get stuck having to replace it.

Otherwise, I got around to checking out Detroit finally. It's....weird. The Connor parts are sheer awesomeness. Markus's intro was brief....and the "hey everyone this is 1960's civil rights issues!" kind of hits you over the head, then whispers it in your ear just to make sure you get it. It doesn't try to be creative or subtle, it just is openly a 1960's civil rights story that wants you to think it's being clever but isn't. (Mafia III does that story waaay better. That was my pleasant surprise of the year thanks to PS+.) Then came Kara.....I can't believe I played a simulator of doing house chores instead of just doing house chores...

Can't I just play the Connor parts?
@Anti-Matter I actually have one of those G-Story monitors for Pro in black! They're decent. It's a TN panel so it has a poor viewing angle if you're not viewing it straight-on (most "gaming" monitors have that problem because their priority of low latency tends to mandate the worse looking TN panels.) But all in all it's a pretty decent thing. I stopped using it when I got a Surface Pro since streaming the video over my network to the Surface is just a more convenient way of making the video portable, and works for X1 too.

As far as I know that Sims edition is the same w/ DLC.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia there aren't any "official" BF deals on the pro outside of the Red Dead bundle but I know you already have that. I would just keep an eye out as I'm sure some retailer will have a random bundle leading up to Christmas just like last year. I remember places like Newegg and ebay had bundles with 2 newish games for $400 in 2017.

redd214

Octane

@NEStalgia Connor was definitely the best part of Detroit. I didn't really care for Markus' story, it definitely goes everywhere you don't expect it to go. Connor works especially well because it's the only story that straight up deals with the interaction between a human and an android on a day-to-day basis throughout the entire story. Kinda what the premise of the game is. It's definitely more subtle and better written than some of the other parts IMO.

Octane

redd214

Well PUBG is now officially coming to Ps4, please act surprised lol. I think its too little too late at this point but more games are always welcome I guess.

redd214

Octane

@Zuljaras One year paid exclusivity.

I think it has hurt PUBG a lot. Especially now Fortnite has taken over on PS4 (and Switch), with no other alternative.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I was wrong about Octopath but MH World is a Game Awards GotY nominee:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Celeste
God of War
Spider-Man
Monster Hunter World
Red Dead Redemption 2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Grumblevolcano hate to say I told ya so lol! Just kidding but all my predictions were right, may be a good time to play the lottery lol

redd214

Octane

That's not fair, I didn't know there were six lol. But yeah, pretty much as expected.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Gee, which one will win? The suspense is killing me.....said no one.

Still amazed MHW made it. I still suspect a lot of people bought in on that on hype without knowing what they were getting into. I wonder if a sequel will do quite as well. MH....even world....takes a special kind of player.

@Octane Fortnite was going to destroy PUBG no matter what. The right mix of Epic's talent, and a kid-bait art design guaranteed that.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Xenoblade 2 not being nominated for ANYTHING in The Game Awards 2018, instead opting for some safe as hell JRPG that also forgets why old JRPGs were so beloved (if you can't tell, Octopath Traveler). What a travesty.

It's not as bad as Dragon Age: Inquisition winning GotY over Bayonetta 2. No one talks about Dragon Age anymore, but Bayonetta 2 is still highly regarded as among the best of the best in action games. Who cares about BioWare and Dragon Age anymore?

PUBG also being nominated as GotY last despite being buggy to **** is stupid too.

**** The Game Awards. It's nothing but a hollow, flavor-of-the-week circlejerk and it has been since its inception.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic