Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,241 to 10,260 of 11,271

Octane

I think it all depends on how many games you play. I can't even recall the last zombie game I played. I'm not a fan of horror games, so I miss out on quite a lot. Maybe The Last of Us? Do those mummy enemies in Captain Toad count? I don't play a lot of shooter either, so no COD zombie mode for me. It's been a while, so I'm not feeling the 'fatigue' everyone is speaking of. Well, maybe open world fatigue, nearly every game needs to be open world these days.

And to be fair, I don't expect Days Gone to set a new standard for anything. The game looks pretty rough too; just listen to the VA in this part. Sounds like someone is doing an edgy Troy Baker impression in front of a microphone; there's definitely something wrong with the sound, it doesn't blend well into the game. I dunno what it is. Either way, it seems like the game's equivalent of comfort food to me. Like a good game, not perfect, but enjoyable. Like a good 7; but it is a survival game, and I like those, so I'm interested in how the game handles that aspect.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh thank God, I for some reason thought people here were still excited for yet another open-world zombie game. Not even bashing Days Gone or anything, but there have been so many of them that I can't really see it standing out. Too little, too late, as far as I'm concerned.

What other openworld zombie games did we get lately..?

The Dead Rising franchise, State of Decay series, ZombiU, 7 Days to Die, Dying Light 1 & 2, Dead Island 1 & 2, and the numerous cash-in Zombie games like Yakuza: Dead Souls and that Red Dead expansion come to mind. Not all are on PS4, but still...for anyone who remembers more than 2 years back, I can't see Days Gone as anything other than "another one".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

-Green-

I unapologetically love zombies and zombie-like things, but I also kind of have my eyes glaze over when it comes to Days gone. I think the main reason, besides it looking generic, is the protagonist just seems sort of boring atm. As in he seems like a biker MAN with a sad backstory after losing what I assume was his GF. Not my cup of tea based on first impressions but who knows maybe it’ll be godly, and the character will be more than what he seems. As of right now, I put my money on him being another gruff dad character.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tsurii

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh thank God, I for some reason thought people here were still excited for yet another open-world zombie game. Not even bashing Days Gone or anything, but there have been so many of them that I can't really see it standing out. Too little, too late, as far as I'm concerned.

What other openworld zombie games did we get lately..?

The Dead Rising franchise, State of Decay series, ZombiU, 7 Days to Die, Dying Light 1 & 2, Dead Island 1 & 2, and the numerous cash-in Zombie games like Yakuza: Dead Souls and that Red Dead expansion come to mind. Not all are on PS4, but still...for anyone who remembers more than 2 years back, I can't see Days Gone as anything other than "another one".

Gotcha, so damn near none this gen.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

CanisWolfred

Maybe, I was seriously going off of memory. I stopped caring about Zombie games ages ago after the oversaturation last gen. I guess not everyone was that burnt out, but seriously, Days Gone looks generic as ****, anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Knuckles-Fajita

Days Gone reminds me of a better looking albeit just as visually and inspirationally dull Ride to Hell Retribution.

I mean the protagonists could probably be interchangeable.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Tsurii This gen has been great if you ignore the majority of Western AAA games and pubs. Lots of fun JRPG's. Good horror games are coming back. Capcom doesn't suck anymore. Japanese console gaming in general is back on top. Nintendo is doing good work again.

I like to think this was the real sequel to Gen 6, and that was just a hitch in the road.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Dezzy

@Ralizah

There has been an interesting shift of dominance this gen. The 7th gen was so completely dominated by western developers. It seemed like Japan struggled to compete. That might just be down to them betting on the wrong console because the PS3 was harder to develop for.

This gen it's completely evened out again. In fact with the rather large exception of Witcher 3 (which no other game has come close to challenging for top spot), nearly all of my favourite games this gen are Japanese.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Cobalt

Ok, I said Saturday that we're gonna get some infos about Medievil during the Paris Games Week.
So I have already A GREAT NEWS ! It's not only the first one but the second one too that come to PS4 on a single compilation of remastered games.

Untitled

Cobalt

Cobalt

*doubled

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Octane

@Cobalt The cover is fake; and the rest is nothing more than a rumour. In one of their recent PlayStation podcasts they said Shawn Layden would make a guest appearance in the coming weeks and share more news on the Medievil remake; and that's all we know so far.

The fake cover is based on this piece of fan art: https://optionalextra.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/medieval...

The Sony logo is also outdated; on top of that, Sony's first party games only have the logo of the development studio, not Sony themselves. And no ''PROVISIONAL'' underneath the PEGI rating is also a giveaway.

Octane

Cobalt

@Octane

I just confirm that we're gonna get the 2 medievils, real or fake cover...

Cobalt

Octane

@Cobalt Well, no, you can't. You just repeat online rumours and pretend they're gospel when they're coming from you. Either way, it's more likely to assume they will remake both rather than just the first one.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Cobalt
Wait and see if that game you really proud about (Medievil) will come also on Nintendo Switch & Xbox1.
No More Exclusiveness.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Octane

@Anti-Matter Sony owns the franchise... That would be just as likely as Mario appearing on PS4...

Octane

Cobalt

@Octane

I just tell you that I have two infos coming from two different sources that say exactly the same.
Medievil 1 and 2 remastered are coming in a compilation and we'll get more infos at the Paris Games Week from the 26th to the 30th October.

Cobalt

Dezzy

@Cobalt

What 2 different sources?

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Cobalt

New trailer of Spyro Reignited Trilogy...

Really awesome because I get Red Dead Redemption 2 today if everything's turns right and next month I'm gonna get spyro, no doubt about that.
My problem is that there are other games to buy too :

Hitman 2
Fallout 76
Darksiders III

What an amazing month... o_O

Cobalt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic