Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,241 to 10,260 of 10,567

subpopz

I replay HL2 every couple years, I love it. One of my all time favs.
The story...well I like how it does it. You never leave Gordons view point. You are him. You don't know anything he doesn't know or see anything he doesn't see. He really doesn't know what's going on. I still think it's far more immersive because of that than a lot of other ones where you get cutscenes showing things happening elsewhere and you see and know more than the character you're playing does.

Switch - Torna: The Golden Country, Sonic Mania, Paladins, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - Nier: Automata, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

NEStalgia

@Ralizah If nothing else I'll always remember it as the first game that the CD made me decrypt the entire game online as a Steam product over a dialup connection. Installing from "disc" as a result, was like an 8 hour process.

From that day I have loathed Steam and all that it stands for.

@Dezzy Well it was an adventure that made you often stop at set pieces to shoot wave after wave in really boring gunfights. And to be an adventure it kind of really needs to make sense as a story....especially when story/presentation was how they sold it and why it became popular. It did raise the bar for how you present a story....but it lowered the bar for how you tell it. It had some great setipiece moments in the beginning in the neighborhood and such, the raids...that was done really really well up through the trainyard. By the time you get to the tunnels and the prison it got really repetitive, bland, and the storytelling just vanished into nonsense.

Also, we don't talk about Ravenholm anymore.........

A random ResEvil type thing thrown in the middle of the game for no apparent reason. If it were Saint's Row I'd just accept it, but it made no sense and broke the whole flow of the game having suddenly a survival horror medieval village dependent on a gravity gun to throw circular saw blades and fuel tanks awkwardly.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

Ner, to be an adventure, you just need a vague sense of what's going on and where you're going.

Games like Dark Souls have even less a sense of what's going on and it works just fine.
Comparing it to Kingdom Hearts is wrong because Kingdom Hearts actually forces you into sitting through a lot of story exposition, which just isn't very coherent. Whereas Half-life doesn't force you to pay attention to the details at all.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Zuljaras

I read this in another forums about RDR2 "@Archangel3371: It's confirmed on two discs, from a japanese boxed version."

I hope this is true for all versions!!!

Zuljaras

Zuljaras

@Octane This is fantastic! All big games should opt in for that.

Zuljaras

Knuckles-Fajita

@Octane Im good.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

redd214

@Octane good move, game was gonna get slaughtered releasing when it was. Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest but I hope it does well.

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

EvilLucario

I hope it doesn't suck, but it's just not catching my interest at all sadly.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

Generic-looking zombie game. Catherine: Full Body and Ghost of Tsushima are the only Sony exclusives on my immediate horizon.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Raliza just Ghost for me. Maybe Nioh 2 if I ever get through 1. I think the PS4 era may have drawn to a close for exclusives this year aside from that (for those not hyped for the Throat Slitting Simulator 2019 or Kojima's newest self promotional tool.)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Octane

I'm still looking forward to all of them, including Dreams #sonyfanboy

I'm also getting Control; and I'll probably check out Sekiro. Biomutant and A Plague Tale both look interesting, and maybe Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link; depending on the amount of boob armour.

Octane

PikPi

I honestly can't bring myself to care about Days Gone. Nothing they've shown has really popped out at me, I guess other than the reveal trailer with the weird liquid zombie physics.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Too many ninja/samurai and zombie games.

I'm open to Death Stranding being good, but I've been given no reason to actually look forward to it yet. Just seems like an elaborate promotional tool for B-list Hollywood celebrities at the moment.

I'm also open to Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link, especially after NieR: Automata demonstrated that Platinum is capable of designing a fun action-rpg, but I don't know enough about it yet.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Oh thank God, I for some reason thought people here were still excited for yet another open-world zombie game. Not even bashing Days Gone or anything, but there have been so many of them that I can't really see it standing out. Too little, too late, as far as I'm concerned.

Then again, I just realized Soul Calibur VI came out, and now I am kicking myself for buying Mega Man 11 instead. Such a bad move. I might see if I can grab it, and Hitman: Definitive Edition over the weekend...if I've gotten my money straightened out...I overspent a bit last month, and had to buy a hard drive to replace the one that broke...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Octane

RDR2 also comes with a map, that's kinda cool in an age where most games only ship with a disc, and if you're lucky a small pamphlet with the controls.

Octane

Tsurii

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh thank God, I for some reason thought people here were still excited for yet another open-world zombie game. Not even bashing Days Gone or anything, but there have been so many of them that I can't really see it standing out. Too little, too late, as far as I'm concerned.

What other openworld zombie games did we get lately..?

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Octane

I think it all depends on how many games you play. I can't even recall the last zombie game I played. I'm not a fan of horror games, so I miss out on quite a lot. Maybe The Last of Us? Do those mummy enemies in Captain Toad count? I don't play a lot of shooter either, so no COD zombie mode for me. It's been a while, so I'm not feeling the 'fatigue' everyone is speaking of. Well, maybe open world fatigue, nearly every game needs to be open world these days.

And to be fair, I don't expect Days Gone to set a new standard for anything. The game looks pretty rough too; just listen to the VA in this part. Sounds like someone is doing an edgy Troy Baker impression in front of a microphone; there's definitely something wrong with the sound, it doesn't blend well into the game. I dunno what it is. Either way, it seems like the game's equivalent of comfort food to me. Like a good game, not perfect, but enjoyable. Like a good 7; but it is a survival game, and I like those, so I'm interested in how the game handles that aspect.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

What other openworld zombie games did we get lately..?

The Dead Rising franchise, State of Decay series, ZombiU, 7 Days to Die, Dying Light 1 & 2, Dead Island 1 & 2, and the numerous cash-in Zombie games like Yakuza: Dead Souls and that Red Dead expansion come to mind. Not all are on PS4, but still...for anyone who remembers more than 2 years back, I can't see Days Gone as anything other than "another one".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic