Forums

Topic: Sega Announcement on 3/28/2013

Posts 21 to 40 of 47

SammyOfMobius

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

Maybe it is Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg 2!

gets bricked

Brick you? I would applaud at this suggestion. A Billy Hatcher sequel is long overdue.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

RancidVomit86

Yakuza 5 coming stateside?

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SammyOfMobius

Keep in mind this announcement is being made on a Japanese website, in which they already got Yazuka 5, so it would be weird to announce a worldwide release of Yazuka 5 on a Japanese website. A new Sonic game or Valkyria Chronicles game makes more sense.

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

ThePirateCaptain

I'm sorry, but I really can't see a new Sonic game being PS3 and PSV exclusive. For a third-party company like SEGA, it doesn't make much sense to make your most popular franchise exclusive. That being said, I'm not certain what will be announced but i'd guess Valkyria Chronicles.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

That Bayonetta 2 isn't a Wii U exclusives anymore.

Someone needs to send Nintendo a memo first

MultiMariosonic wrote:

I respect you guys' opinions about Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes. What I think about those two games doesn't have to be what you guys think of those games, and vice versa. So lets get back on topic. We only have 48 hours till the announcement! How awesome is that! We're almost there...

I respectfully think all Sonic games suck

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SammyOfMobius

CapnPancakes wrote:

I'm sorry, but I really can't see a new Sonic game being PS3 and PSV exclusive. For a third-party company like SEGA, it doesn't make much sense to make your most popular franchise exclusive. That being said, I'm not certain what will be announced but i'd guess Valkyria Chronicles.

You never know. Sonic Colors was Nintendo-exclusive, and they've never done that ever for a main series Sonic game. Plus, Rayman Legends was originally Wii U exclusive but not any more. What if they do the same thing with the next Sonic, except expanding it from the Playstation consoles?

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

CanisWolfred

Yeah, but, Why PS3 and Vita? The PS4's coming out this year. If Sony wanted an exclusive, it'd be for the PS4 and Vita, wouldn't it?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Knux

There has already been exclusive Sonic games on a Sony platform. Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 say hi.

Knux

SammyOfMobius

@CanisWolfred PS3's not dead. The PS2 lived until early this year, so I'm guessing the PS3's still got a long life ahead of it. Plus, you never know. Sega might do a PS4 version, but just announce it at a later date. It's been done with many games before, like Fez, Rayman Legends, Gunman Clive, Sonic Generations, and I could go on.
@Knux Thank you, Knux. Sonic has been Sony-exclusive before, people. Do some research.

ThePirateCaptain

I know about the handheld games, but I just don't think that the next big Sonic game will be exclusive to one companies consoles. As for spinoffs and such, sure, it's nothing new.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Whopper744

Is whatever the game is only for Sony systems? if so, I hope it's not a Sonic game because I may never get to play it. That would suck.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

CanisWolfred

MultiMariosonic wrote:

@CanisWolfred PS3's not dead. The PS2 lived until early this year, so I'm guessing the PS3's still got a long life ahead of it. Plus, you never know. Sega might do a PS4 version, but just announce it at a later date. It's been done with many games before, like Fez, Rayman Legends, Gunman Clive, Sonic Generations, and I could go on.
@Knux Thank you, Knux. Sonic has been Sony-exclusive before, people. Do some research.

The PS2 stopped getting big-name exclusives as soon as the PS3 came out. You'd think the same could be said for the PS3.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Amigaengine

Hope it's Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue or Phantasy Star related other wise meh.

Amigaengine

SammyOfMobius

CanisWolfred wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

The PS2 stopped getting big-name exclusives as soon as the PS3 came out. You'd think the same could be said for the PS3.

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time was made by a first party company, Sony Entertainment Network, which just came out on Feburary 5th. So no, the same can't be said for PS3. Sonic Unleashed was made by a third party company, not a first party company, which came out on PS2 in 2008, 2 years after PS3 hit stores.

CanisWolfred

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time was made by a first party company, Sony Entertainment Network, which just came out on Feburary 5th.

The PS4's not out yet.

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Sonic Unleashed was made by a third party company, not a first party company, which came out on PS2 in 2008, 2 years after PS3 hit stores.

Which wasn't exclusive, seeing as it came out on every system known to man at the time.

But thank you for further proving my point.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SammyOfMobius

Hey guys! Good news! The big announcement is a soccer game! Isn't that great everyone? (Sarcasm)
Seriously though, I've lost all faith in Sega. Sega has let down one of their biggest fans. Way to go Sega. I have supported Sonic through thick and thin, and this is what I get? Yeah Sega, thanks. I hope it was worth losing one of your biggest fans. Until a new Sonic game is announced, I declare myself an Anti-Sega gamer.
Here's the stupid link, if you want to waste valuable moments of your life that you'll never get back reading it: http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/03/segas-ps3-ps-vita-title-...

Read the comment made by me, Sammy Thomas, as you scroll down after reading the article explaining why this news is terrible and why I'm going to stop being a Sega fan until Sonic's next main series game is announced.

CanisWolfred

I lost all faith in Sega in 2006. They make 3 good franchises, publish a couple more, but outside of Sonic, they are terrible at marketing their better games, and poorly utilize their older franchises. They're subsisting solely off of nostalgia and one good series at this point. They're going the way of Capcom at this point.

Anyways, I should've known by the ball shape and the turf-like grass underneath it that it was a sports game. Oh well. I'm gonna go play my Fantranslated Valkyria Chronicles 3 that Sega never brought over while I sulk.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SammyOfMobius

CanisWolfred wrote:

I lost all faith in Sega in 2006. They make 3 good franchises, publish a couple more, but outside of Sonic, they are terrible at marketing their better games, and poorly utilize their older franchises. They're subsisting solely off of nostalgia and one good series at this point. They're going the way of Capcom at this point.

Anyways, I should've known by the ball shape and the turf-like grass underneath it that it was a sports game. Oh well. I'm gonna go play my Fantranslated Valkyria Chronicles 3 that Sega never brought over while I sulk.

Now I know exactly how you feel. Sega is lazy, sloppy, and inexperienced, and will never be as good as Nintendo if they keep on making games like this (the newly announced soccer game by Sega). Sega, I have lost all my respect for you. I hate you Sega. Go and die in a fire.

CanisWolfred

^Thaaaat might be going a little far, there. They do have to make what they can to survive. While I'm sure this game won't do well, since they are making it, they at least gotta try to make it successful. That includes making a big deal of its announcement, even if it may backfire in the longrun.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.