Forums

Topic: Castlehominid99's Personal Diary

Posts 521 to 540 of 609

Adam

Just put $20 in my back pocket and kept it there.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

castlehominid99

trine is simply amazing. a wonderfu; game and very fun and addicting you should get it everyone

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Stuffgamer1

weirdadam wrote:

Just put $20 in my back pocket and kept it there.

Why do have to be like that? I thought you LIKED games with 2D gameplay...and as I understand it, Trine has the content to be worth the $20 (more than Puzzle Quest: Galactrix did, I'm sure). Remember, just because it's downloadable does NOT automatically mean the game is short and small. Heck, Trine even has a full retail Trophy set!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Adam

Too much for a game without a demo. I wouldn't "be like that" if I had money to waste, but that isn't really my fault. And trophies really hold no sway with me whatsoever. Downloadable games must be within rental price or have a demo to be worth risking my money. I am not about to waste $20 on a game that I might not like at all and then be able to do nothing with. Believe it or not, just because I prefer 2D games does not mean I throw away money on any side-scrolling game thrown my way. If so, I'd have bought World of Goo.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

Okay, so you're not protesting the game itself, but simply the lack of a demo. I can understand that. I can't afford the game right now either, or I'd download it and give you my impressions. All the preview footage looked awesome, anyway.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

DarkG

weirdadam wrote:

Too much for a game without a demo. I wouldn't "be like that" if I had money to waste, but that isn't really my fault. And trophies really hold no sway with me whatsoever. Downloadable games must be within rental price or have a demo to be worth risking my money. I am not about to waste $20 on a game that I might not like at all and then be able to do nothing with. Believe it or not, just because I prefer 2D games does not mean I throw away money on any side-scrolling game thrown my way. If so, I'd have bought World of Goo.

Here's a demo of the PC version of the game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35710/

System Requirements:
Processor: 2.0 GHz CPU (Dual-core recommended)
Memory: 512 MB (XP), 1 GB (Vista)
Graphics: Radeon X800 or GeForce 6800 or better
DirectX®: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 600 MB
Sound: DirectX compatible soundcard (not required)
Multiplayer: Gamepads required for co-op play

You'll also need Steam installed.

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

castlehominid99

it is a great game that you shouldn't miss out on

Adam

@Dark G
I don't have Steam, and games, especially 3D-rendered games, tend to run horribly (if at all) on my computer, so I'll just give it a pass for now unless I see some amazing looking speed runs later on... but thanks anyway!!

Thing is, unless this is utterly brilliant, I have a ton of alternatives on VC and upcoming WW (hurry up La Mulana) to keep me occupied for the rest of my life, platforming-wise, so I don't feel especially compelled to spend so much on this.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

castlehominid99

It should only take you around 3-5 hours on your first playthrough if you collect everything and 3-5 hours on very hard without collecting

NO matter what this is still a great game and one that shouldn't be missed out on. This game is by far beter than any wiiware and possibly most vc but most good vc games i have already played

Edited on by castlehominid99

Adam

Castle, I'd be interested to see if you still say this after Cave Story. Or have you already played Cave Story?

Come on, friends,

cheetahman91

Once castlehominid plays Cave Story (if he hasn't or even does), that comment will be taken back.
BTW, I do not own a PS3.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

castlehominid99

i have played cave story and it is pretty fun but definitely not as good as this

Adam

I think we're going to have to do something about this guy, Cheetahman.

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

I have to take up for DarkG because of his location he gets literally screwed by Sony unlike we do so I can definately understand him being biased to Microsoft, but I do think the comment in this thread was a little out of place. No hard feelings though. If I had to drop $120 for Uncharted 2 I would happily be playing ODST

@Adam.... everything Ive read had been very good about Trine. I will prob pick it up on a sale week, its inevitable.

Borderlands is looking like another cant miss game AND after the NHL game I went to last night Im really craving NHL 2010 now. Anyone know how to make more time in the day cause I really need to figure it out ....... really bad.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

http://www.pushsquare.com/6659/ninja-gaiden-sigma-ii-looks-a-...

To see a side by side screenshot comparison of Ninja Gaiden 2 to Sigma 2 hit that link. The PS3 can push better graphics than the 360 its just most developers are not putting the time in to do it.

Sorry for the Double Post.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

castlehominid99

Games I will get this year

Must have
COD 6
Ratchet and Clank ACiT
God of war collection
dj hero

Want Badly
Demon Souls
Borderlands
Star wars ultimate sith edition
Assassins creed 2

will get when price goes down
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Brutal Legend

odd69

Adam take this as another recommendation , Trine is one of the best platformers I've ever played. As far as graphics its beats anything on wiiware or absolutely anything downloadable I've played to date. But more importantly it has the gameplay to back it up. I promise you this on par with Cave Story. I think both games are awesome and i love them equally neither one is better than the other (well cave story is more action packed, while trine is more puzzles and thinking which you'll love) . 2d platforming is my thing though so I'm biased, but once a demo comes on the psn please atleast for me, give it a try. I'm taking my sweet time with it, just savoring the awesomeness so I'm not in a rush to play through it quickly oh no sir, it'sthat good man LOL, ok I'm sounding like fan boy. I felt the same way about cave story too so if that means anything...

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

odd69

castlehominid99 wrote:

Games I will get this year

Must have
COD 6
Ratchet and Clank ACiT
God of war collection

Want Badly
Demon Souls
Borderlands
Star wars ultimate sith edition
Assassins creed 2

will get when price goes down
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Brutal Legend

Castle, Would you like to buy my copy of demon souls? It's going for 48 bucks, i paid 64 bucks for it in total traded god knows how many games to get it including killzone 2 i got royally f*cked out of the whole deal. You can pay for my mistakes at a fair deal, if not i'm sure once it put it on ebay for that price people will jump on it.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

castlehominid99

I am sorry but I only have 280 dollars in store credit and am using it on

COD 6
God of War collection
Ratchet and Clank
dj hero

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.