Forums

Topic: Castlehominid99's Personal Diary

Posts 501 to 520 of 609

Stuffgamer1

Honestly, I'll take it on the system that isn't half as likely to break down on me AGAIN over the one that supposedly looks better, assuming I want the game at all (not saying I do...probably not, actually; I only asked in the first place because I'm tired of DarkG's obvious fanboyism around here). I also vastly prefer the PS3 controller to the 360 controller, so that's another reason not to go for the 360 version.

It bothers me a bit to see a developer that can't be bothered to learn how to use the PS3 so that the 360 version WOULD look better at this point, though. I mean COME ON, that is SO two years ago. Pathetic.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

I had NO ANY NONE expectations for Bayoneta being any good at all. I figured it would get average rating honestly. I was shocked to see the ratings. Im in Atlanta now, just got back from the Thrashers game so I cant check it out until tommorow evening when I get home.
@Stuffy..... the Free Theme is in the Hong Kong PSN Store. I didnt see it in the Europe, JPN, US, just the Hong Kong one. I dont see why Sony is like that with the Stores but you honestly have to have all off them to get the great stuff. I just only check them all about once every couple of weeks. Sometimes you can catch a PSN Game Free if you get lucky.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

At least it's POSSIBLE to download games from other stores with Sony, unlike a certain company I could mention whose name is in the name of the website we're on right now...

Anyway, I don't care enough about a free Afrika theme to bother creating a Japanese account. In fact, the only way I'd be likely to ever create a Japanese account is if I had an easy source of direct info for what's coming out, like Sean Aaron does for us with the Japanese Nintendo downloads. Occasional word of mouth like I'm getting with this theme just doesn't cut it for me.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Adam

It's good for demos, but nothing else unless you feel like paying an arm and a leg for importing points cards. Navigating the store is difficult, too.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Stuffgamer1

And that's mostly why I haven't bothered. A demo here or there (and I don't really play demos all that often anyway) and this one free theme just aren't worth the hassle.

Bones00

I agree with Adam which is why I haven't sought to reestablish the Japanese account I had on my original PS3. The only game I'd really like which is still not here in the US yet is Dark Mist (I believe that's what it's called).

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964.
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter:

Adam

I badly want to play that game. It's out in the UK, too, though they don't have the expansions. Unfortunately, it'd be no easier to get the game through the UK store than it is through the JP store.

JP has a ton of PSOne Classics, so I'm sure I could make a points card worthwhile if I did order one, but they're so prohibitively expensive, at least last I checked.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

I know not of this "Dark Mist." The PS1 Classics situation does stink, though. Sigh.

SwerdMurd

@Adam - imo, fanboy accusations directed at Dark G are entirely justified In almost every post there's some passive-aggresive dig at the PS3 and assertion of its (360s) dominance...the bias is very noticeable. Not to say I'm not personally biased in favor of the PS3...but no reason pull that punch.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Adam

I was referring to that one comment only. I don't pretend to know Dark G's history of 360 vs. PS3 comments. If he said something fanboyish, the other user could have addressed that in the thread where it applied.

Either way, this is a thread for PS3 discussion, not PS3 vs. 360 comparisons. If anyone does wish to discuss the consoles as they relate to each other further, please take the conversation elsewhere. We've had enough of these threads already, but if there is more to say, it wouldn't hurt to start the conversation up again.

That's not to say that criticism of the PS3 is unwelcome here, or that everyone here needs to blindly congratulate Sony on everything it does. But it is a thread for PS3 enthusiasts to share their interests, not for console wars. A comment that essentially amounts to "Game X looks slightly better on 360 and is therefore much better on 360," is sort of off-topic, sort of.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

I agree with Adam. I shouldn't have picked a fight with DarkG in the first place...his comment was out of place (and he really shouldn't be posting in this thread to start with, given that he is NOT a PS3 enthusiast), and should have been ignored. My bad.

Okay, so...I have my Uncharted 2 Platinum, been playing a lot of Demon's Souls lately, and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time releases on Tuesday. PS3 WOULD RULE IF ONLY IT COULD STILL PLAY PS2 GAMES! How's THAT for PS3 enthusiast critisism?

Adam

Demon's Souls is kicking my butt. Fortunately I have a choice of levels now, so it's not quite tedious since when one level gets tiresome I can switch and let another one kick my butt.

I picked the thief assuming he had better stealth, but I've only just realized that there isn't even a stealth stat. Great. Makes him a good bit less useful than I expected. Thief Ring plus Cloak spell is good enough for me though. Pure backstabbing fun for the whole family.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

I've beaten two Palace Demons and one from the mines thus far. Yes, the game can get kind of butt-kicky (I've lost thousands of souls by being unable to reach my bloodstain), but it's still great. I'm making very good progress on weapon upgrades and having overall positive success farming Crystal Lizards. If I ever want to just farm souls for levels, I can do so easily (though somewhat time consumingly) against the Red Eyes Knight in the first area of the palace, so it's all good. Having the Deluxe Edition guide (and using it, hint hint Bones00) helps a lot, too.

odd69

I agree dark g is a fanboy. but we dont care we love him anyway right? So i guess i should get borderlands on 360 cause even game stop rated it higher because the ps3 had a bug at launch.
bayonetta was just..crazy over the top

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Stuffgamer1

My 3-year warrenty is up in April, and the damn thing's gone RRoD twice since I bought it. Any excuse to not use it for anything I can do on another machine is for the best. Plus, I wasn't planning on playing Borderlands at all, so...yeah.

Dezner

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Okay, so...I have my Uncharted 2 Platinum

Whoa, was it a really hard one at all?

I'm thinking of getting both Uncharted's someday (well, if I can still find Uncharted 1 Non-GH, though I haven't really looked. Oh, and money too. And the system. And an HDTV.)

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

It was pretty hard, but I was persistant. When you have a LOT of free time, difficult games can be toppled pretty quickly if you keep at them.

As for finding Uncharted 1 non-GH (not that I necessarily agree with being so picky, but I'm not outright condemning it either...more like questioning why it matters), I would've said that was EASY a month or two ago. But my store sold out of used copies a week or two before Uncharted 2's release, faster than makes sense. One week, we had a good stock; at least five copies. Next week, NOTHING. It should be pretty easy even so, as the game took WAY too long to go GH (a full year longer than to go Platinum in Europe), and it was a pack-in game for a while (which actually won't help if you want a box that doesn't say "not for resale" on it).

I obviously can't help you with the money thing, though. With one shift a week (and not always that, as I am without a shift this coming week), I can't afford my own software, let alone hardware for anybody. Sigh

Dezner

Can our full time jobs be playing games?

I can dream, right? >_>

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

Only if you want to be a tester, but from what I hear, that job SUCKS!

castlehominid99

Cannot wait until tuesday for ratchet and clank

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.