Forums

Topic: Castlehominid99's Personal Diary

Posts 541 to 560 of 609

Adam

Now that's persuasive talk, Odd. One warning light did go off though... You say it's focused mostly on puzzles? I find games based on puzzle solving amusing enough on a single run through, but just tedious on subsequent plays. Obviously this can be a hard thing to gauge when you aren't even done your first play, but do you think it holds replay value?

Also, about Demon's Souls, I hear you. I will probably get rid of it in the upcoming months myself. It's very fun for awhile but for a game built on trial and error, it really should have random dungeons. For that reason, I still very much prefer roguelikes for my dungeon crawling needs. The only PS3 I've played much of lately has been Street Fighter (HD Remix and Alpha 1). It's pretty tempting to just cash in the system itself, despite all the fun I've had with it over the past couple years.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

odd69

I'm on the 7th stage which is kinda into it a bit i think. See adam, the beauty of the puzzles, which consist of getting secrets and moving from point a to b can be done differently each play through. Infact instead of just quickly beating the game i like to replay the same stages i've beaten already,but try doing different things each time. It's kinda like freedom to platform how you like to, which i find alot of fun and i would say adds replay value because of that.

Are those skeleton's getting on your nerves? Should i switch to the thief and poison arrow them to death or maybe get a flame arrow and burn them to a crisp? Or hey i can get my soldier and slice them up with my favorite flame sword, hell even run/bash them to pieces. I even can use the mage to draw a box or platform over their heads and watch them all get crushed at once from the weight , just for lolz.

It's these type of freedoms that make the platforming absolutely stunning you know and that's just enemies were are talking about. There are quite a few ways to move around the environment too. See a pit? Swing over it (grappling hook) with the thief or draw a bridge over it(mage) . Or if your feeling dangerous, Draw a bridge,draw a box and set it on top of the center of the bridge with the mage and it creates a moving platform that you can move shortly and fly over it and jump off before it falls apart. If it's not too big simply have the mage draw a box switch to the knight and use the boxes as platforms to jump over, but be careful the mage needs magic power to use. But don't fret it refills at checkpoints and you can find a ring that gives you more and even a vial that refills once .
These guys at Frozen Byte have crafted one hell of a game here if anything else, They can't comment on it as of yet but Temporary price drops to like 14.99 are possible
http://trine-thegame.com/site/ you can get the demo here it's pc though and you don't need to have steam either (there is an option if you want it) you can make the settings really low so it can actually run on your computer, i had to do this myself.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Adam

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll check into the demo in a bit. I was really hoping to hang onto my $20, though.

Come on, friends,

odd69

I also wanted to add, you can level up with experience vials, so it has hints of an rpg as well. I really like that part and some vials are hard to get to and are hidden so you have to use your wits and experiment ways to get them.Anyways let me know what you think of that demo.

Adam

I'll let you know when it's done downloading next week.

Is it particularly challenging? The trailer on their site looks really empty and easy. I understand it's supposed to be focused more on creativity to solve problems, but I still really want to be challenged in a platformer.

Come on, friends,

odd69

Later levels can be very hard especially when you got 6 or more skeletons with shields jumping at you at once and dodging the ones with arrows from higher ground. The skeleton's with shields will block your attacks too, but if you use your shield(knight) to block their attacks it leaves them open for a second and trust me you'll need it to get that thrust in. I did come across a skeleton as big as your screen LOL and he meant business.I'm playing my first run through on easy mind you, you have to unlock that brutal hard setting, but If i were you, i'd play it on the regular hard the first time around. If i gets way to hard just set it back to what ever setting you want (medium) I've read on the Trine forums that the last level is brutal period no matter what setting your on. I like my stuff casual at first that's why im playing on easy, and because im a wimp, i wont lie. The first stages are basically just an introduction

but the hard setting makes the enemies well hard.

Edited on by odd69

Adam

Awesome, I always appreciate difficulty options. Demon's Souls badly needs options like that, though co-op might be their version of easy mode. Finally got the demo downloaded, now to see if it works and how I like it. Thanks again for all the detailed info and impressions!

EDIT: I had to put it at Very Low graphics to run decently. Based on this subpar experience, I can say that it seems pretty good, though comparing it to Cave Story will do it no favors, at least from my limited access to the game. I wish they had made each character more individually viable rather than having to rely on all three to get through. I find the Wizard boring to play as. I'd stick with the Thief the whole time, but close quarters combat is too difficult, and some puzzles seem to require the Wizard. I'll definitely get this if it ever goes down to $10, maybe at $15. Always hard to put a price tag on a game, to take something uncountable (fun) and say how much it's worth in USD. I'm probably underestimating it. Might see if a friend'll split the cost with me and take turns with it.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

odd69

Hey atleast you will consider it if the price went down. i consider your taste in platformers very good and i loved it, so I'm glad you kinda enjoyed it!! Yea the demo doesn't do it justice. The wizard could have a staff you know thats why he is boring, he just acts like a puzzler solver. And i wanted to bang and fight with him

Edited on by odd69

castlehominid99

So should I get demon souls and borderlands or dj hero

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

castlehominid99

i need to know because I have to preorder today for dj hero to get new songs and also cod 6

Adam

I have an idea. Make your own decision and quit spamming the thread with double posts already. Seriously, how many times do we have to go over this? There is an Edit button. It was made especially for you.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

It was an hour and a half later, and I guess he wanted to bump the thread in an effort to get an answer. Never mind that most of us regulars on this thread probably "watch" it anyway (I know I do).

Anyway, I say Demon's Souls and Borderlands. DJ Hero looks stupid, expensive, and bulky.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

castlehominid99

Is demon souls difficult and I mean very difficult like ninja gaiden difficult. Also I want borderlands but it looks like a very intense violent game

Stuffgamer1

Wait a minute...you're 11, right? You probably shouldn't really be playing either of those games... But I wouldn't recommend you play DJ Hero, either. Just get Uncharted 2 and A Crack In Time. That should keep you busy.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Adam

It is very difficult, but if you play online, it becomes very easy. In my experience there isn't a lot of middleground unfortunately, but it's not like there aren't a lot of players who do just fine solo, Stuffy among them, from what I know. There is no way for us to know how good you will be at the game, or how suited it is to your tastes, which is why these vague questions where we're called to make your day-to-day decisions are so hard to answer.

Not to mention there is a universal games recommendation thread on the forum, and this is more of a games discussion / ID-sharing thread, not a recommendation thread.

EDIT (See how this works?): If Stuffy is right in approximating your age, he's also right in that you should not be playing these games. Uncharted 2 looks like an excellent recommendation, as well.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, I haven't played Demon's Souls in multiplayer at all, and don't really feel a pressing need to give it a shot. I've beaten three boss demons on my own, and I'm about to face a fourth. Insider help from the Deluxe edition guide is ESSENTIAL for my success, however, so I could see desparately trying multiplayer if I didn't have it.

I didn't approximate his age, I recalled what I believe he said in a different thread a while back. Much too young for these games, to be sure. Not that this stops a lot of people...

castlehominid99

I just preorderred god of war collection and am going to get dj hero and ratchet and clank on friday

Can I also use an xbox 360 guitar hero 2 guitar on ps3 dj hero

Edited on by castlehominid99

Stuffgamer1

God of War. At 11. Shakes head and sighs.

EDIT: No, Xbox 360 accessories aren't compatable with the PS3. Are guitar controllers compatable with DJ Hero? I hadn't heard anything about that before.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@odd69.... dude dont call yourself a wimp like that

The more I see of Borderlands the more it looks like I would really enjoy it. Honestly I hate cell-shaded graphics but the gameplay has me really intrigued. So many great games this year.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.