Forums

Topic: Castlehominid99's Personal Diary

Posts 481 to 500 of 609

Bendover83

My PSN is: Benfoxy83
I'll deffinently play some Uncharted 2 when I have the chance. I just beat it yesterday on normal and plan on playing through hard and crushing. I usually play solo, but Uncharted 2 is amazing and if a match is going on I might join in.
My PS3 games I'm getting the remainder of the year are:
Tekken 6
God of War: Collection
Assassins Creed 2

If u have GTAIV and want to play online, I can do that to.

Bendover83

castlehominid99

I will add you sometime today benfoxy83

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Slapshot

Yep Ill add you too. I got GTA 4 also but its goin to be awhile before I get back to it. When I beat Uncharted 2 its back to Sigma pratice because when I get Sigma 2 me and my bro are goin to be some of the first to Platinum the game, so far nobody in the WORLD holds one on Sigma 2.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

castlehominid99

Why hasn't trine come out yet

Slapshot

I havent checked for the update yet they have been droppin lately around 7:30 Central Time USA lately. Im excited about getting 2 Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time Demos tonight.

castlehominid99

trine came out and halfminute hero did too but why is it 40 dollars when it is 30 on umd. Is this a mistake? will it turn to 30 agian soon. Should I get it now for 40 or wait and get trine now

Stuffgamer1

@AngryOldCartoonSquirrel: You kidding? I have a friend who finished Crushing (and his Platinum) two days before I did!

@DogGoatSpleen: I wasn't blaming you, just generally unhappy with how little of it I understood. I eagerly await news of what publisher picks it up for America! Probably Atlus, but I wouldn't necessarily count XSeed out. I know they were working on it a few weeks ago, and they've probably found someone by now and just haven't announced it yet.

@WanderingThiefGuy: I went with the old standby of "Knight," and had no particular trouble finishing the first area. Honestly, I don't understand everybody running for some other class. That's just me, I guess.

@RoyalAlienDude: It's $29.99. Don't know what you saw (or think you saw), but the price is as it should be now, at the very least.

Think I messed up enough names in this post? I hope everybody has the common sense necessary to figure out who I'm talking to...if not, I'll just laugh at you.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

WolfRamHeart

@Stuffgamer1: DogGoatSpleen? LOL! Yeah, I figured it out pretty easily. I totally get where you and Adam are coming from. I agree that Atlus would be the perfect publisher to bring this game to to North America. They seem to have a hit on their hands with Demon's Souls for PS3 so I think it would be logical for them to make 3 Dot Game Heroes their next game on PS3.

WolfRamHeart

Adam

"Knight" just sounds so boring though, haha. My friend who's much better at the game told me to use Knight, but do I listen? No. Being a thief is ridiculously fun, anyway. I love dropping from great heights and sneaking behind a bunch of enemies to get the backstab animation.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Stuffgamer1

How is it that you can survive greater falls as a Thief, anyway? As for backstabbing, I can actually pull that off against the Red Eyes Knight in the first area, if I get him to chase me and then lose him. He heads back to where he was and never hears me coming, even though I'm alive and wearing clanky armor (gotta love that Thief Ring)!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

castlehominid99

Just got halfminute hero and will wait until monday for trine

Slapshot

Crap you guys are really having me thinking about picking up Demon Souls instead of God of War Collection.......... Man the difficulty and the crazy online elements and everthing you guys have been talking about Im really starting to want this game bad now.

@Wolf...... Im really hopin XSEED or Atlus will pick it up. Im sure everyone of us will be running out to buy it on day one. I know I will.

Anyone check out the Free Dynamic Theme I posted the thread on? Its actually worth the download. I bought the LBP one when it released but I like this one better...... oh if anyone doesn't know its Afrika in the US, Europe......

Bayonetta Demo is now up on Japans PSN Store. Its scored a 40/40 on a X360 review so must be pretty good.

Edited on by Slapshot

Adam

Awesome, time to go stumble around the Japanese PSN store!

Come on, friends,

DarkG

slapshot82 wrote:

Bayonetta Demo is now up on Japans PSN Store. Its scored a 40/40 on a X360 review so must be pretty good.

If you can, get the Xbox 360 version... is a lot better from what it's been shown...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Adam

The demo has a tutorial and one level. The tutorial is unfortunately all Japanese, so I couldn't learn any specific special moves or combos, and I don't know what some of the buttons do. However, I knew the basic jump, punch, kick, shoot, which was more than enough to finish level one with no difficulty whatsoever. I expected it to be much tougher since I didn't know combos or "torture moves," (I think they were called)... just dodged and attacked repeatedly. Simple fun, though it's hard to know what to expect when I didn't know what was going on most of the time. Fortunately cut scenes are voice acted in English, but they make no sense anyway, so it's hardly helpful, haha. If you already have a Japanese account, it's not that hard to find. Click the first option on the main menu, and it's at the bottom of the screen before you start scrolling, a bit to the right, with the title in English.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

DarkG wrote:

If you can, get the Xbox 360 version... is a lot better from what it's been shown...

'Zat so? And what, pray tell, has been shown to make it appear to be the superior version? WITHOUT biased personal opinion, thank you very much.

EDIT @slapshot82: What free theme is this? I haven't seen whatever thread you mentioned, but I checked the PS Store and didn't see one.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

DarkG

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

DarkG wrote:

'Zat so? And what, pray tell, has been shown to make it appear to be the superior version? WITHOUT biased personal opinion, thank you very much.

They have the same content, but the Xbox 360 version is graphically superior, that's why Famitsu gave the 360 version a perfect score, while the PS3 got a 38/40... they are very good, but the 360 version is the best of them...

There are a couple of comparison videos on the net (Destructoid I think that was the one I saw... dunno, received the video on Facebook through the Games App lol), that although you can't see the big texture difference (low res on PS3 and high res on Xbox 360), you can see the PS3 version lacks some lighting and shadows, has low res shadows, and the overall look of the PS3 version is not as good as the Xbox 360 version.

If you have both, and like the game, get the Xbox 360 version without a doubt, if you only own 1 console and like the game, you have no option, too bad if that only console is a PS3...

Nintendork

DarkG wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

DarkG wrote:

They have the same content, but the Xbox 360 version is graphically superior, that's why Famitsu gave the 360 version a perfect score, while the PS3 got a 38/40... they are very good, but the 360 version is the best of them...

There are a couple of comparison videos on the net (Destructoid I think that was the one I saw... dunno, received the video on Facebook through the Games App lol), that although you can't see the big texture difference (low res on PS3 and high res on Xbox 360), you can see the PS3 version lacks some lighting and shadows, has low res shadows, and the overall look of the PS3 version is not as good as the Xbox 360 version.

If you have both, and like the game, get the Xbox 360 version without a doubt, if you only own 1 console and like the game, you have no option, too bad if that only console is a PS3...

Oh yeah, because graphics DEFINITELY make a good game.

Methinks you're a fanboy ('cause of the last part).

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

DarkG

Nintendork wrote:

Oh yeah, because graphics DEFINITELY make a good game.

Methinks you're a fanboy ('cause of the last part).

They have the same content and same gameplay, but one looks better than the other one... if you like the game, and can choose between the two, you would be intelligent enough to get the one that's better than the other, in this case it's a graphical difference...

I never said it was a good game because of better graphics, just that the Xbox 360 version of the SAME game is better!

Edited on by DarkG

Adam

@DarkG
While the fan boy accusation was over the top, but you did not just say "one looks better than the other." You said that one "is a lot better." Being better and looking better are very, very different. A minor graphical upgrade does not make a game "a lot better." Obviously, if you have a PS3 and 360, you would want the one that looks better, I agree. Not trying to be nitpicky because I don't really care, but just explaining why I would assume everyone is reacting like this to your inaccurate, offhand comment.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.