Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 8,141 to 8,160 of 9,896

FonistofCruxis

Mickeymac wrote:

I actually found No More Heroes 2 disappointing gameplay-wise, if only because it tried to make good use of the standard wii-mote's awful motion controls, making for some terrible and occasionally unresponsive controls (really, I want a No More Heroes: Paradise 2 with standard controls). It was still good over all, but I ended up just putting it away and watching it all streamed on the Backloggery instead. Really, his games are way more fun to watch than to play.

[/div]

When did you find the controls unresponsive? The only times I remembered finding the controls unresponsive in either of the NMH games were the first part of the boss fight against Ryuji (when you fight him on your motorbike) and maybe some of the mini-games in the first one. Actually, there was one time where Travis started moving by himself in NMH2 but that was only once so it was probably just some odd glitch. Overall, I love both games and think the second one is one of the best games on the Wii. The first is a great game too.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

shingi_70

Has anyone played Bionic Commando, Dark Void, and prince of Persia 2008?

There is a xbl sale next week and the all $3-$5.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I actually found No More Heroes 2 disappointing gameplay-wise, if only because it tried to make good use of the standard wii-mote's awful motion controls, making for some terrible and occasionally unresponsive controls (really, I want a No More Heroes: Paradise 2 with standard controls). It was still good over all, but I ended up just putting it away and watching it all streamed on the Backloggery instead. Really, his games are way more fun to watch than to play.

[/div]

[/div]

When did you find the controls unresponsive? The only times I remembered finding the controls unresponsive in either of the NMH games were the first part of the boss fight against Ryuji (when you fight him on your motorbike) and maybe some of the mini-games in the first one. Actually, there was one time where Travis started moving by himself in NMH2 but that was only once so it was probably just some odd glitch. Overall, I love both games and think the second one is one of the best games on the Wii. The first is a great game too.

I disagree entirely. The first game is terrible in my opinion. As for the controls, it did it screwed up most when I tried to do those wrestling moves. Also when I try to recharge the sword it wouldn't always register (It's a terrible idea anyways).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kevohki

Wesker wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

What's this? Suda 51 actually made a good game?! I must be dreaming!

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Define "good game." Lollipop Chainsaw is almost impossibly fun to play, but it's not fun to play because you're pressing buttons. The "game" bit? Yeah, it's pretty irrelevant here.

[/div]

Is it better than Bayonetta?

Suda 51 = reduced to using excessive frat-boy humor and dick jokes to hide the fact that he hasn't made a decent game since Killer7 (not mentioning Fatal Frame IV because that's never being released outside of Japan).

So no, it's not better than Bayonetta. Not even close.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Bankai

kevohki wrote:

Wesker wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Define "good game." Lollipop Chainsaw is almost impossibly fun to play, but it's not fun to play because you're pressing buttons. The "game" bit? Yeah, it's pretty irrelevant here.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Suda 51 = reduced to using excessive frat-boy humor and dick jokes to hide the fact that he hasn't made a decent game since Killer7 (not mentioning Fatal Frame IV because that's never being released outside of Japan).

Goichi Suda = Quentin Tarantino of the games industry. Seriously, Tarantino does the whole self-referential mocking the audience gig, and people go "woah, dis is art!"

Suda does it and people go "olol dis is not a good game!"

kevohki

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

kevohki wrote:

Wesker wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Goichi Suda = Quentin Tarantino of the games industry. Seriously, Tarantino does the whole self-referential mocking the audience gig, and people go "woah, dis is art!"

Suda's more like the Adam Sandler of the games industry. Tarantino, usually, at least has decent plots and multifaceted characters backing vulgarity, parody, and dark humor.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

CanisWolfred

kevohki wrote:

Suda's more like the Adam Sandler of the games industry. Tarantino, usually, at least has decent plots and multifaceted characters backing vulgarity, parody, and dark humor.

To be fair, you don't really need a decent plot or multifaceted characters if the Parody and humor are good enough on their own.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

The best description of No More Heroes...mainly 2, that I've heard of was "an FLCL styled look at the entire gaming industry" or something like that. That describes perfectly why I like them.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

irken004

I'll be paying off my Fall of Cybertron preorder this weekend, and maybe buying a copy of Vanquish at Gamestop. That is, if I get any money from trading in some games. Blegh. They do have a trade 7 for $35 deal.

Bankai

kevohki wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

kevohki wrote:

Wesker wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Oh please. Tarantino's characters are (deliberately) the walking embodiment of cliche. The basic plot of his movies are also as bog-standard as humanly possible.

What Tarantino does well is dialogue, and taking the p*** out of everyone who takes his films seriously. What Suda does well is hyperkinetic energy, and anyone who takes his games as serious, hardcore action games is getting a virtual tomato to the face. Suda makes games that amuse him, just like Tarantino makes movies that amuse him. Tarantino's movies are great, but not to be taken seriously. Just like Suda.

Gamers have such a narrow definition of what can be a good game. No wonder the games industry is the cute-little-kitten-trying-to-be-tough in the eyes of every other artistic discipline.

Chrono_Cross

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

You're comparing one of the best directors in the world to some uninteresting video game designer. That's like saying my steak tastes better than your hamburger. You can't really compare them even if they're both in the same category. (Entertainment.)

And, quite frankly, if it wasn't for the Wii's lack of M rated games and the No more Heroes name, Suda would still be a nobody.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bankai

Chrono_Cross wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

[/div]

You're comparing one of the best directors in the world to some uninteresting video game designer. That's like saying my steak tastes better than your hamburger. You can't really compare them even if they're both in the same category. (Entertainment.)

And, quite frankly, if it wasn't for the Wii's lack of M rated games and the No more Heroes name, Suda would still be a nobody.

Q.E.D.

Aviator

Ordered both Bulletstorm and El Shaddia from GAME.

Also, if anyone AUS area is playing BF3 this weekend, I'll be on lots.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Chrono_Cross

Aviator wrote:

El Shaddia

If you like hack 'n slash games and good story telling, you're going to love this one. The story is also based off the Bible (obviously), so that might be a turn off/on.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

Yeah I played the demo and loved it, so picked it up with GAME's 60% off sale.
wish it were under different circumstances though

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Dezner

irken004 wrote:

and maybe buying a copy of Vanquish at Gamestop.

There is no "maybe", there is only "will"

(In other words, I'm making you get it because it's awesome! )

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

irken004

Dezner wrote:

irken004 wrote:

and maybe buying a copy of Vanquish at Gamestop.

[/div]

[/div]

There is no "maybe", there is only "will"

(In other words, I'm making you get it because it's awesome! )

[/div]

Yes master I must obeyyy

Edited on by irken004

Slapshot

Vanquish is indeed great!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Weskerb

kevohki wrote:

Wesker wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I worked that out for myself from video reviews. It looks Sh*t.

Weskerb

AlexSays

Anyone play Battlefield 3 online?

Forgot how good that is for a console FPS. Just finished an hour long match that came down to the final seconds; it's hard to replicate that experience..

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.