Other Gaming Forum

Topic: New Xbox One Owner Right Here!

Showing 1 to 20 of 23

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZyroXZ2

1. Posted:

Hello, everyone! I'm a new owner of a shiny Xbox One! There's really one primary reason I picked the Xbox One over the PS4: the exclusives. Not because the exclusives are better (necessarily, as that's generally a matter of opinion), but because this will be my FIRST Microsoft console!

I never played the Halo franchise nor the Forza franchise, despite tasting the first Gears of War on PC. With the announcement of the 'Halo: Master Chief Collection' coming in November, I recognized the Xbox One as the perfect time to jump in, as I'll be able to catch up on that franchise immediately. Additionally, not only did Gran Turismo 6 sorely disappoint me (I categorize GT6 as truly a rehash of GT5), but Top Gear UK is my #1 favorite TV show of all time. When I looked to other "simulator" style racing games after my disappointment, and saw that Forza Motorsport 5 is basically endorsed (hosted) by Top Gear UK, it made my move from GT to Forza an easy pill to swallow.

My first impressions of the system are lukewarm. I prefer to save energy, so I set the system to completely shut off when turned off, which results in quite a long boot up time. People complaining about the Wii U startup being slow clearly don't own an Xbox One, lol... When tested in standby mode for "Instant On", it's cool, but the power supply brick fan stays on in standby, and that just bothers me to no end (of course along with the constant power draw). The controller itself doesn't top the Wii U Pro controller, but definitely feels superior to the PS4's DS4. I DID, however, have to exchange the controller within 2 days of owning the system because the left stick started to "pop" (a common symptom as I found out) because of a clip that can come loose, but I took it to a Microsoft Store and walked out with an exchanged unit in mere minutes, and the new controller is serving me much better! I did buy the proper Torx screwdriver with the security keyhole so I can fix it myself if it starts "popping" after the 90 day warranty is up (accessories only get a 90 day warranty, what is with THAT!?).

Having said all that, since this is my first Microsoft console, I could use some XBL buddies! Feel free to add me, as I have the same username: ZyroXZ2!

TL;DR - My first Microsoft console, got it primarily for exclusives.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

2. Posted:

technotaylor98 wrote:

You'll probably get more Xbox One friends on NintendoLife's sister site http://www.purexbox.com

or post in the Xbox One Thread

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZyroXZ2

3. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

You'll probably get more Xbox One friends on NintendoLife's sister site http://www.purexbox.com

or post in the Xbox One Thread

Alright, it just seemed pretty slow over there, but I'll go post there anyway, hahaha xD

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

4. Posted:

Before this gets closed:

Another defect over to the dark side! Noooooooo!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SomeBitTripFan

5. Posted:

BUT NINTENOD WIIU IS BETTER~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!! YOU HAVE THO PAY 4 ONLINE AND WAHT ECLUSIVEAS WHEN MARO AND ZWELA AND NOTAS CALL A DOOUTY AND FPSE X GOERFATS WHEN NINTENDOIN BETTAR!!!!

In all seriousness, congratulations on the new console and I hope you enjoy using it.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MixMasterMudkip

6. Posted:

We have sisters????

Friend Code: 5241-2232-9791
Friend Safari is Fire with: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixan
Mario Kart 8 Tournament: "Rosalina's Booty Cup" Code: 5852-0678-9577

Nintendo Network ID: MixMasterMudkip | Twitter: MixMasterMudkip

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZyroXZ2

7. Posted:

I was tempted to link my intro video, because I'm not changing sides or anything, lol...

If you're so inclined, it just posted to my channel so you know I'm not "defecting" or something, hahaha :-P

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

8. Posted:

Still haven't decided out of the Xbox One and PS4, Microsoft aren't good at keeping up the exclusives later in a consoles life but H:MCC looks cool.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZyroXZ2

9. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Still haven't decided out of the Xbox One and PS4, Microsoft aren't good at keeping up the exclusives later in a consoles life but H:MCC looks cool.

If you're going for multiplats, I'd say for PS4. However, looking at the lineups, there's no denying that the Xbox One actually has a slightly more diverse exclusive lineup, and that's what swayed me. That, and the controller is better than the PS4's DS4, lol

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

10. Posted:

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

I was tempted to link my intro video, because I'm not changing sides or anything, lol...

If you're so inclined, it just posted to my channel so you know I'm not "defecting" or something, hahaha :-P

Once a traitor, always a traitor! Hail the overlords, Nintendo!

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

11. Posted:

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Still haven't decided out of the Xbox One and PS4, Microsoft aren't good at keeping up the exclusives later in a consoles life but H:MCC looks cool.

If you're going for multiplats, I'd say for PS4. However, looking at the lineups, there's no denying that the Xbox One actually has a slightly more diverse exclusive lineup, and that's what swayed me. That, and the controller is better than the PS4's DS4, lol

Right now they do but like I was saying later in the console generation at least last gen that is Microsoft dropped the ball completely which is why I sold my 360 in the end as all I was playing was Halo Reach compared to the PS3 which was still getting fantastic exclusives last year, that's my problem MS start strong but finish weak.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZyroXZ2

12. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Still haven't decided out of the Xbox One and PS4, Microsoft aren't good at keeping up the exclusives later in a consoles life but H:MCC looks cool.

If you're going for multiplats, I'd say for PS4. However, looking at the lineups, there's no denying that the Xbox One actually has a slightly more diverse exclusive lineup, and that's what swayed me. That, and the controller is better than the PS4's DS4, lol

Right now they do but like I was saying later in the console generation at least last gen that is Microsoft dropped the ball completely which is why I sold my 360 in the end as all I was playing was Halo Reach compared to the PS3 which was still getting fantastic exclusives last year, that's my problem MS start strong but finish weak.

Hmmm... Well I doubt Microsoft is okay finishing in last place, so they'll no doubt drive harder on the software lineup to at LEAST try to beat the Wii U... Which will be tough since the near-future has the Wii U topping both the Xbox One and PS4's exclusives lineup... and Smash Bros, lol

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

13. Posted:

Microsoft consoles are fine if you like Western games more than Japanese ones. I don't, but was lured in to 360 ownership by a generous price tag and an early spurt of Japanese software. Moreover, almost all of the interesting exclusives were either timed exclusives or were also available on PC. Also, I got an early Arcade model without a built-in hard drive, so I would have to use USB sticks to play newer games. My only reason for not ditching the console entirely is that I LOVE the Viva Pinata games, which seem to be 360-exclusive, aside from a sketchy PC port that I am unable to find anywhere. Also, the occasional decent Xbox Live Arcade game like the remastered Banjo Kazooie or Shadow Complex.

Well, sniping aside, if you like Western third-party games, you'll probably be happy with the Xbone. Let us know how you like Sunset Overdrive, a game about which I am mildly jealous. :)

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

14. Posted:

Ya, I got it for exclusives, too. There was a while where I thought PS3 was better, especially because of bluray, but I found out I like Microsofts exclusives better, and Xbox One's media is better than PS4's, so it was a no brainer for me. Also, Kinect is used more often and Xbox Live tends to have better stabily, from my experience.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

15. Posted:

Congrats, OP, it's an awesome console!

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZyroXZ2

16. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, I got it for exclusives, too. There was a while where I thought PS3 was better, especially because of bluray, but I found out I like Microsofts exclusives better, and Xbox One's media is better than PS4's, so it was a no brainer for me. Also, Kinect is used more often and Xbox Live tends to have better stabily, from my experience.

Mine's peni...errr... I mean... Kinectless... :P

As I said above, the Xbox One's exclusive lineup actually does contain more diversity (so far). Welp, I already have it, so I'll be finding out how I like the exclusives firsthand!

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diddy_kong

17. Posted:

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, I got it for exclusives, too. There was a while where I thought PS3 was better, especially because of bluray, but I found out I like Microsofts exclusives better, and Xbox One's media is better than PS4's, so it was a no brainer for me. Also, Kinect is used more often and Xbox Live tends to have better stabily, from my experience.

Mine's peni...errr... I mean... Kinectless... :P

As I said above, the Xbox One's exclusive lineup actually does contain more diversity (so far). Welp, I already have it, so I'll be finding out how I like the exclusives firsthand!

Enjoy your new console! :) When it comes to non-Nintendo consoles I'm a Sony man, but I totally understand your point about the exclusives.

And you're right about Purexbox being slow. I frequent PushSquare just as much as I do NintendoLife and the stories over there are lucky to get a fraction of the comments that stories do over here. I guess us Nintendo fanboys are just more vocal lol.

Anyways, congrats again and enjoy!!

I've been a gamer my whole life. I've owned every Nintendo console from the SNES to the Wii U, though I spend most of my gaming time with my PS3. I enjoy games from a variety of genres and I love arcade-style racing games. My all-time favourite non-Nintendo game is DmC. Yes, really.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZyroXZ2

18. Posted:

Diddy_kong wrote:

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, I got it for exclusives, too. There was a while where I thought PS3 was better, especially because of bluray, but I found out I like Microsofts exclusives better, and Xbox One's media is better than PS4's, so it was a no brainer for me. Also, Kinect is used more often and Xbox Live tends to have better stabily, from my experience.

Mine's peni...errr... I mean... Kinectless... :P

As I said above, the Xbox One's exclusive lineup actually does contain more diversity (so far). Welp, I already have it, so I'll be finding out how I like the exclusives firsthand!

Enjoy your new console! :) When it comes to non-Nintendo consoles I'm a Sony man, but I totally understand your point about the exclusives.

And you're right about Purexbox being slow. I frequent PushSquare just as much as I do NintendoLife and the stories over there are lucky to get a fraction of the comments that stories do over here. I guess us Nintendo fanboys are just more vocal lol.

Anyways, congrats again and enjoy!!

Thanks! The PS4 will eventually be added, too, hehe :)

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shocks1776

19. Posted:

Xbox one ans Ps4 are amazing. Wii U is pretty good too

Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Turok, Goldeneye, Unreal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, BioShock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

20. Posted:

Congrats man

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Sorry, this topic has been locked.