Forums

Topic: Kickstarter - Help Fund Indie Games

Posts 241 to 260 of 609

Zizzy

Wow, Midora and The Deer God look awesome! Looks like I'm gonna be spending some money on backing up Kickstarter projects this weekend! If the project doesn't reach it's goal, you're refunded, right?

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

Oragami

Guys, fund Midora. It seems to be a Zelda-like game with influences from Minecraft. Fund it.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

I swear Midori is straight up plagerism. That looks waaaaay too much like the Minish Cap...

Oh hey, that actually addressed this. And the verdict: They tried their damndest to make it as similar as much as possible without actually ripping assets from Minish Cap...so they probably can't be sued, but I hate copycat artists regardless, so I still find it detestable...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WiiWareWave

CanisWolfred wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I swear Midori is straight up plagerism. That looks waaaaay too much like the Minish Cap...

Oh hey, that actually addressed this. And the verdict: They tried their damndest to make it as similar as much as possible without actually ripping assets from Minish Cap...so they probably can't be sued, but I hate copycat artists regardless, so I still find it detestable...

So should Nintendo just copyright the entire adventure genre?

Seriously though it looks similar to Zelda, but it's certainly not a blatant rip-off.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Zizzy

CanisWolfred wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'd say it's more along the lines of inspired by Minish Cap, rather than a copycat... No need to label it as trash until you've played it!

Zizzy

WiiWareWave

CanisWolfred wrote:

Untitled

Just gonna leave this here.

That kind of gameplay element is prevalent in most 2D adventure games to tell the truth I think cutting grass, bushes, etc was a gameplay element in the genre before The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past introduced the feature to the series.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

First off, Boomerangs-Cutting-Grass exists in no other game except Zelda. I looked.

Anyways, I even bothered to look up this artist's other stuff (wasn't too easy, chinese mobile games don't have readily available credits most of the time) and I guess this might just be his style, though I'd still argue that they probabably hired him because his style closely resembles Minish Cap's, I can't be too mad at the artist himself for drawing as he draws, especially since some of what I saw showed that he could make the style at least somewhat his own:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I think the designers might be trying too hard to make people think "ZELDA!!!", but it's gone from outright anger to bitter distaste...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Zizzy

Yeah, seems like a pretty generic, handheld RPG style. Which isn't bad, as long as the gameplay is original, which is what I'm hoping for Midori. I'll have to find out...

Zizzy

CanisWolfred

Hopefully it comes to the Vita at least, but it wouldn't kill me if I never get to play it. It's pretty and its nice that they got some stuff to show, but all I see is Order of Ecclasia...seriously, what was supposed to make it stand out?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Looks like Midora is going to fail unless a ton of people want discount Zelda in seven days. (not that its inherently a bad thing)

The Kickstarter seems to be a disaster on promising what they want.

They went from Wii U being last to this.

Untitled

I know they're trying to pander to Nintendo fans, but wouldn't ios/Android befirst since developing and publishing on those platforms have a low barrier to entry.

You would than move on to most likely Xbox One/360 since theyre using microsoft developer tools and they get a lot in the OD@XBOX program or PS4?VIta since porting between those two are relatively cheap,

Arguably the wiI u/3DS would be the last strech goals if put together since you have to build two seperate games and you don't get the benefit of cross buy.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

KarrotMan

Not really a game, but it's worth pointing out that a guy is raising a kickstarter to make potato salad. Guy asks for $10 and how much is pledged now? Over $7,800. This dude must have some ulterior motive to show how easily KS can be abused. I actually give props to this guy just for his stretch goals:

$300 - Call a chef to get a better recipe
$3000: My kitchen is too small! I will rent out a party hall and invite the whole internet to the potato salad party (only $10 and above will be allowed in the kitchen)! The internet loves potato salad! Let's show them that potato salad loves the internet!!

LINK

Also love the fact that he'll be shouting all the names of the backers as he'll be making the salad.
Untitled

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

CanisWolfred

Damnit! That guy stole my idea! Except it was Animal crackers instead. I was going to name each one after the backers as I bit its little head off (Obviously this plan was foolproof)

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Zizzy

Karakato wrote:

Not really a game, but it's worth pointing out that a guy is raising a kickstarter to make potato salad. Guy asks for $10 and how much is pledged now? Over $7,800. This dude must have some ulterior motive to show how easily KS can be abused.

Stuff like this makes me wish you needed to take an IQ test to access the internet. In regards to the backers and whoever made this stupid potato salad fundraiser.

Zizzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic