Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 641 to 660 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

pixelman

641. Posted:

Man, I constantly keep coming back to MC2. I'm Rank 60 online, which means I've put a rather sick amount of time into this game. Here's for capping out at 72. :P

I'm pissed that I got myself broke right before the July 4th sale. I could've caught up on a ton of games for cheap. :/

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Digiki

642. Posted:

Anyone have Street Fighter IV Volt? Fun times battling in the streets, fighting someone from here would be fun

Also Robo Surf is AMAZING!

Edited on by Digiki

Digiki's Backloggery

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

643. Posted:

So I got back to playing Chaos Rings. Its a great game, a bit easy though (except for a single bossfight that required minimal grinding). I''l try to play the other storylines now and see if I do not get bored from the repetitiveness so I can unlock the real ending.

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage

Magi

644. Posted:

"Old Game" to most folks I guess, but Plants vs. Zombies came out for Windows Phone 7 a few weeks ago and I purchased it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this game. If you haven't already given it a try, please do.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

645. Posted:

Plants vs. Zombies is a great game :)

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

646. Posted:

GabeGreens wrote:

Plants vs. Zombies is a great game :)

Oh, man is it great. I love that game with a passion. It's the best tower defense game I've ever played and one of the best games I've ever played period.

How far are you in it?

I heard they had some sort of "Zen Garden" update to it, but unfortunately I deleted the app from my iPod a while back. So, I'd have to redo the entire game. D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

647. Posted:

Haven't unlocked it yet :D I play the game very once in a while. Its a lot of fun. I just got to the rooftop levels...
Also Minigames were added to the iPod/iPhone version, which is also a great addition.

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage

Aviator

648. Posted:

Got myself an iPad a while back. So feel free to add me. aviator_9

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Turnip

649. Posted:

I play IMO: The world of magic.
it's a pretty fun mmorpg.

Cringing is really fun.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

650. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Got myself an iPad a while back. So feel free to add me. aviator_9

Shall do! I'm WaltzIT

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Magi

651. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Oh, man is it great. I love that game with a passion. It's the best tower defense game I've ever played and one of the best games I've ever played period.

How far are you in it?

I heard they had some sort of "Zen Garden" update to it, but unfortunately I deleted the app from my iPod a while back. So, I'd have to redo the entire game. D:

The WP7 version came with the Zen Garden stuff. It's supposed to be a fairly relaxing gardening/coin collecting minigame. At least from what I've played of it so far.

I've completed one playthrough and I'm about halfway through my second. I'm not sure if all versions are the same, but now that hillbilly guy is randomly selecting 3 of my 9 seed slots so I have a bit of a handicap when I start each level. I'm trying to make as much money as I can to finish buying the last of my plants and unlock that achievement. I'm just a handful away from 200/200.

I'm not a big fan of tower defense games, but PvZ is pretty awesome and understandably not your typical tower defense game as I understand them

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

pixelman

652. Posted:

Check this out.

This looks wayyy better than Infinity Blade. It's pretty much 360-quality IMHO. It's running on the Unity engine, so it should be out on iOS and Android this fall. :3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

653. Posted:

@Magi Plants vs. Zombies is incredibly unique and so much different from other Tower Defense games. The "hillbilly" guy's name is Crazy Dave btw, lol.

@Pix Haha, that looks pretty cool. The main character runs really, really funny, though.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

pixelman

654. Posted:

Haha, it's an obvious Gears of War riff. :3

AuthorMessage

Bankai

655. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Check this out.

This looks wayyy better than Infinity Blade. It's pretty much 360-quality IMHO. It's running on the Unity engine, so it should be out on iOS and Android this fall. :3

I thought it was a Gameloft game, it's that soulless.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

656. Posted:

Haha yeah, it's generic as hell, but it's still an eye-catcher.

AuthorMessage

Lan

657. Posted:

@Waltzy
The one thing I can agree with you on is that Gameloft sucks :D

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Bankai

658. Posted:

I just wish Gameloft would put their obviously talented teams to better use. They are so sound technically that to see them then go and quite literally plaguarise popular ideas offends me more greatly than an inexperienced team come up with a very flawed, but creative game.

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

659. Posted:

I kinda like Gameloft's concept of making games incredibly similar to those of games that would never come to iOS. Gameloft makes games similar to those that would never be released to iOS, gamers get their (often times) good clones, and Gameloft profits. Completely reasonable if you ask me.

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

660. Posted:

But when they do a great job at recreating experiences, they also dry out all the charm and personality. They have a very talented team, but I agree with WaltzElf that they should but their technical abilities to good use. But they won't, unfortunately. Ubisoft only needs them to carry on the existing strategy, as that is sufficiently lucrative.

Actually, as far as Gameloft having personality and style in their games, the Brick Breaker series is by far their best. Not quite compelling, (it STILL is merely a Arkanoid/Breakout clone) but at least the style is different and personality is distinct from other games in this particular genre.

ASDFGHJKL