Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,675

Dezzy

@Balta666

You need to play the DLC during the game at the right points. Most of it is meant to be part of the main story, they just didn't finish the game on time for release so had to complete it with the DLC

Well first of all you need to make sure you have it all! Which version did you buy? The "Royal Edition" contains everything except the Ardyn DLC, which you can only buy separately.

It goes like this:

1) Kingsglaive movie
2) FFXV Chapter 1-7
3) Gladiolus DLC
4) FFXV Chapter 8-9
5) Ignis DLC (first possible place, this is the correct chonological place for the DLC but contains a spoiler if played here)
6) FFXV Chapter 10-12 (up until leaving Tenebrae)
7) Prompto DLC
8) FFXV Chapter 13 (important to play "Verse 2" after Noctis regroups with the others)
9) Comrades DLC
10) Ardyn DLC (watch the short Ardyn anime on youtube first)
11) Ignis DLC second possible placement if you didn't play it after Chapter 9.
10) FFXV Chapter 14

It's a bit of a nightmare, I know. But it's unbelievably worth it to play everything in order. The base game was just a story-telling mess in its original state, but they really did salvage it incredibly well through the DLC. After everything they did to improve it, it's easily one of my favourite in the series.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@status-204

Well if you ignore the mess in the execution of XV, I have to say FFXV and FF7 Remake are probably my 2 favourite things that Square Enix have ever made. (in other words the best things since FFX, which was their last big game as Squaresoft)

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@Balta666

The windows version is the same as the Royal Edition. So the only thing you're missing is the Ardyn DLC.

You really do need to play it during the game though. Large parts of the story won't make sense if you skip the DLC. Lol proceed at your own risk of extreme confusion.

If you don't want all the extra hassle, just do it with the Ignis and Prompto DLC in the places I suggested. Those 2 are the most important.

Edited on by Dezzy

Don

Anyone got stuck in the crater and can’t climb up the pillar in FF7 after passing the area where your team splits up? Will there be a patch if it’s due to a glitch?

Don

Don

@Balta666
I’ll check that area again. It’s by the pillar that you jumped off previously right? I hope it’s not a glitch because I can’t even level up due to enemies constantly KO my characters and there’s no way to replenish the Phoenix Downs without leaving the crater.

Don

Balta666

@Don has been a while but i remeter been stuck on that spot as well. Check this tutorial i found online

"Go back through the underwater caves with a blue tinge.

Then, you'll get to a glowing green screen with three exits. Bottom-right goes to the caves, top-right goes to the swamp, and top-left is barely visible, and leads back to the room with the save point you put down."

BruceCM

FFXVI announced.... It looks amazing! Anyone excited? 👍

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JokerCK

Finally a real Final Fantasy game with no technology inside.

JokerCK

BruceCM

Highly unlikely, I'm afraid, @NintendoByNature.... Maybe Switch 2 might manage a pocket edition?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

BruceCM wrote:

NO
I banned FF XVI before reaching my gaming area.
I saw something very intolerable, instant banned.
Final Fantasy Roman number was already dead since XIII.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
Yes.
I saw forbidden contents after 2 minutes.
I immediately stop watching and officially banned that game.

Anti-Matter

Octane

Did you hear that Square? The game is already banned, you can pack up and leave.

Octane

Dezzy

BruceCM wrote:

I've played every Final Fantasy on launch day for the last 20 years. This was the best announcement in the whole presentation as far as I'm concerned. Even better than God of War 2.

We've never had 2 big budget single player Final Fantasy games happening at the same time. This has to be one one of the best times to be a FF fan.

Anti-Matter wrote:

Final Fantasy Roman number was already dead since XIII.

Are roman numbers a problem too? You liked FFVIII, which definitely used roman numbers.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
In my opinion, FF XII was the last great Final Fantasy despite of very boring political storyline.
I have FF XIII PS3 too but only FF XIII i allowed despite the gameplay was Blah and the storyline too. XIII-2 was not something i will consider, Lightning Returns just NO.
I don't play MMO games so i skipped completely FF XI and FF XIV.
I banned FF VII R for explicit swearing words.
I banned FF XV for rated 18+ stuff DLC.
I banned FF XVI too for inappropriate contents i found after 2 minutes from the trailer.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

Lightning Returns just NO.

Well you're certainly right there.

status-204 wrote:

I love the look of it, feels like they're finally daring to try something new and fresh.

Or old and fresh.

I like the fact that they made it very different from 7 Remake, so the 2 won't feel like they're clashing too much.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic