Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus Uprising 1v1 Tourney

Posts 361 to 380 of 484

Namco

it was so annoying! liked that weapon but not anymore, i bet invisibility was also annoying

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Eel

Oh yeah, these moments where you disappeared and moved behind me were very disorienting.
All I could do then was dash-shot at random and hope my little wings would hit you (they did some times!).

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

thelegendoflink

Wait, what. Disconnections count as loses now? As far as I know, a disconnection affects both players equally, so it wouldn't be fair to win only because of that (irony alert, at least I won two fair games) So I can't accept this result yet, sorry. Although Morph can still explicitly yield, then it would count as the win for Anthony.
And I still think you guys are placing too much on me, there are plenty of players in this tourney who can give me a tough fight.
@LordJumpMad
I'd say something, but my shameful win doesn't allow me to brag. Even if you lose, you still win.

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

Namco

@Tlol i know that there was a litlle lag but @Morphtroid was only disconnected in the first fight (I think) And it probably will be the same next time

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Eel

I said that because I know the disconnection was my side's fault, it has happened before several times (not limited to Kid Icarus, either). Besides, he was already winning the match so I don't think it would be fair for him to anulate that match.

The games after that one ran flawlessly, and he won both too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

thelegendoflink

Oh... that's alright then, I fail at reading comprehension yet again. Editing the brackets now.

KiwiPanda

3Dash wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

@RPGShaymin is out? That means the only known threat left to me is @Knuckles

Then you obviously don't know many of the players here.

Well of course not and those I do, I've beaten aside from the two mentioned above.

Non-taken. The main reason I joined the tourney was to find out where I need to work on, how the experts play (Although I've had a fair amount of play beforehand with them, especially with @tricoloryoshi and yourseld [Dash]), etc.
If we're talking great people, though, you guys completely skipped @tricoloryoshi Not that we need to linger on who's great and who's not. I just thought he deserved a mention.
Yay for breaking the forums with quotes~

Beating one of those players once =/= beating those players in this tourney. Of course it could, but my bet is on Clayton or TLoL taking you down.

I love how little you expect from me but of course it doesn't mean I'll win here. Most of the times I met them it was in far larger rooms and someone normally was better then anyone else there. Interesting though, you picked players that might not face me. They still need to win a few more and I do as well.

I must admit that I underestimate everybody, and you're no different. That part is true. However, and I mean no offense to RedPanda when I say this@Prof_Clayton has at least a 90% chance of beating RedPanda, and TLoL has a pretty good chance of beating most people in the tourney(again, part of this is underestimation, but part of it is expirience). As long as you can beat Happy_Mask, you still have a fair chance of winning, but trust me, there are more good players in this tourney than you may think.

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

Prof_Clayton

RedPanda wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

@RPGShaymin is out? That means the only known threat left to me is @Knuckles

Then you obviously don't know many of the players here.

Well of course not and those I do, I've beaten aside from the two mentioned above.

Non-taken. The main reason I joined the tourney was to find out where I need to work on, how the experts play (Although I've had a fair amount of play beforehand with them, especially with @tricoloryoshi and yourseld [Dash]), etc.
If we're talking great people, though, you guys completely skipped @tricoloryoshi Not that we need to linger on who's great and who's not. I just thought he deserved a mention.
Yay for breaking the forums with quotes~

Beating one of those players once =/= beating those players in this tourney. Of course it could, but my bet is on Clayton or TLoL taking you down.

I love how little you expect from me but of course it doesn't mean I'll win here. Most of the times I met them it was in far larger rooms and someone normally was better then anyone else there. Interesting though, you picked players that might not face me. They still need to win a few more and I do as well.

I must admit that I underestimate everybody, and you're no different. That part is true. However, and I mean no offense to RedPanda when I say this@Prof_Clayton has at least a 90% chance of beating RedPanda, and TLoL has a pretty good chance of beating most people in the tourney(again, part of this is underestimation, but part of it is expirience). As long as you can beat Happy_Mask, you still have a fair chance of winning, but trust me, there are more good players in this tourney than you may think.

I honestly see @RedPanda and myself at a 50/50 chance here. He's gotten a lot better.
@Aqueous If you hope to win, you basically need to beat @HappyMask, @RedPandaOrMyself, @TheLegendofLink, and then the bottom bracket winner. You really do have people standing in your way, as we are all pretty good (although you are yourself). So good luck~ :3

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Tricoloryoshi

Excessive quoting of posts I can't even seem to find~
Edit: did you change dash's quote? I think that's why it seems unfamiliar and difficult to find. :-?

Edited on by Tricoloryoshi

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

Aqueous

@Prof_Clayton - Thank you. I only desired round 1 though, I could lose content.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

RPGShaymin

I think that's enough quoting.
I'll be ready for the next time, and I will come out on top.
THIS, I SWEARRRRRR!!!!!!!
So, me and @thelegindoflink discussed in the chat room if it was unanimous enough that everyone hates Twilight Stratosphere (The map with the multiple circle platforms) enough that it can just be removed from the next tournament that I assume we're having.
He says that it isn't really un-balanced, and I agree with him, but it is just really frustrating to play, and will always feel unfair.
So, anybody object?

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

Auracle

@RPG - It does get pretty annoying. Those bounce pads can be misleading. I don't have any particular affinity for it, so I don't mind.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Aqueous

@RPGShaymin - I actually don't mind the map. It has wide open areas, no hiding spots and the jump pads can be predicted.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Tricoloryoshi

I dunno, I kinda like it,

Three#1658

Tricoloryoshi

TheLilK98 wrote:

I'm fighting Knuckles next!

Good luck to you both,

Three#1658

thelegendoflink

@RPG
Yeah, I forgot to post about that, but you got it. From what I've seen here, there is a reasonable group of people who like the stage, so I really can't ban it now, as painful as it is for me

Knuckles

In a 1-1 Twilight Stratosphere is hard, in a full room its hard. I could care less, but how do we stop from picking that course in random? The selection wouldn't be random anymore.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.