Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 10,277

irken004

Z.Bone wrote:

I guess I need to give it a little more time, but I wish it controlled like Reflex instead.

Their is a aiming setting that sets it to World at War style or MWR style. It just takes some tweaking to get the controls right.

Tasuki

romulux wrote:

i don't like the influx of new players, cause if they're not noob tubing they're hacking and if they're not hacking then they're crybaby hosts. i spent all afternoon finding an empty lobby and a hacker joined in right from the first match, i had to contemplate quitting just after finally getting to host. even with the ivana spec he couldn't get kills but he had that grenade drop gadget on so that every time he died he blew someone up, which is how he got most of his kills. whatever, it was still really satisfying to get dominations on people without having to worry about losing the xp.

I figured that would be the case all the spoiled kiddies that cant win without cheating got their copies for Christmas. Give it a few weeks or so and I am sure that they will lose interest and move onto something else.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RDB

romulux wrote:

tech and rdb, if we could get together and host a match it'd be a massacre. after dealing with the jerks today that sounds like a lot of fun...

Sounds like a plan I'll be on later tonight. Tech, Rory and I had some fun on heroes last night too. The other team wasn't spawning heroes very often so it was like our 90 kills with 2 or 3 hero kills to their 25 kills with 6 hero kills. And team conflict was just silly... Looking forward to more. Ha..

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Spoony_Tech

romulux wrote:

tech and rdb, if we could get together and host a match it'd be a massacre. after dealing with the jerks today that sounds like a lot of fun...

That would be nice. Rorylee RDB and myself had some great sessions last night. Some matches were actually close.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chris720

Absolute massacres today! I easily got 2000+ exp in Heroes, I went 47-3. They pretty much just stood there, and what was even better was that I was the host, so no little baby hosts leaving. And with the Drumhead Type-12, they just get slaughtered!!

So here's my Heroes story:

Mode: Heroes
Map: Docks
Team: MI6

I camped in that little area with the over turned boat and boxes as Bond, threw down the proximity mines and got 4 kills per mine! Then they started running through the door and got massacred with the Anova, the EXP started racking up like crazy. 10 Elimination Streak, 10 Elimination Domination etc. and continued through the whole game with only 3 deaths where the enemy spawned upstairs. :/

But I went 47-3 and with over 2000 EXP! Awesome game!

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Z_Bone

xDemon720x wrote:

Absolute massacres today! I easily got 2000+ exp in Heroes, I went 47-3. They pretty much just stood there, and what was even better was that I was the host, so no little baby hosts leaving. And with the Drumhead Type-12, they just get slaughtered!!

I camped in that little area with the over turned boat and boxes as Bond, threw down the proximity mines and got 4 kills per mine! Then they started running through the door and got massacred with the Anova, the EXP started racking up like crazy. 10 Elimination Streak, 10 Elimination Domination etc. and continued through the whole game with only 3 deaths where the enemy spawned upstairs. :/

And this is why docks has become a broken level. That one area. People just want to sit and camp in there because the enemy is forced to bottleneck through one entrance and there is no way to backdoor them. Uggh.

If I could change that level I would either make a ladder that goes up to the sniper point behind that room or make a second door that comes in from the side from the outside area that leads to a dead end (which is also a pointless area). If they did that last part, it would connect that part of the level more and make it worth going out there in the first place.

Do the Mario!

Spoony_Tech

Z.Bone wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

And this is why docks has become a broken level. That one area. People just want to sit and camp in there because the enemy is forced to bottleneck through one entrance and there is no way to backdoor them. Uggh.

If I could change that level I would either make a ladder that goes up to the sniper point behind that room or make a second door that comes in from the side from the outside area that leads to a dead end (which is also a pointless area). If they did that last part, it would connect that part of the level more and make it worth going out there in the first place.

I don't seem to have that problem storming that area to often any more. Smoke bomb it if you need to. I also duck down and crawl in after I bounce a grenade off the back wall. I love it when it says tech two or three grenade kills. Teach them to go back there. Also if some one storms in go in right behind them and catch them off gaurd. The first person might die but you will reap the benefits.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

OK so far tonight its like shooting fish in a barrel with a bazooka!

MERG said:

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

Absolute massacres today! They pretty much just stood there

my team was doing that earlier in goldeneye, it was like they all went to the bathroom or something at the same time. i was the only one with any hacks but our team still won because the other team was just as bad.

i'll be on in a minute if anyone's still going...

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RDB

@Romulux & Rory... sorry couldn't play longer, really tired and need some sleep... Good few games though.

@Tech, Slapshot, Rory - Well, that was pretty much as predicted... absolute destruction this evening!!! I lost count of how many times our worst player had more kills than the whole other team. I especially enjoyed the outpost and memorial while Tech was protecting us from above and the kills were plentiful. I can't tell you how many times I literally laughed when I saw the final score. Good games.

Just a thought... should we all go covert with our names for a few weeks? I've noticed it's getting harder and harder to get people to play with us. Maybe we could do something subtle like 2 periods and a dash somewhere in our name??? Just a thought. We'd still dominate, obviously, but it'd just be easier to get games and maybe people wouldn't ragequit when they're pitted against us.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Mabbit

I wanna play next time you guys are on. I need to get my XP up

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

oasis82

Been lurking here a while. Just wanted to check in and say hi. Got Goldeneye from the wife for xmas and I look forward to making it my new online gaming obsession along with the Black Ops game I received. I'm sure you guys will be destroying me in no time, haha!

oasis82

Spoony_Tech

It was fun seeing one of the four of us in the top spot every other game or so. Tonight was a massacre and felt bad that one run where Slapshot was on the other team!

As for the name change I think were fine people are going to leave no matter what when there getting killed. Might as well ne remembered as to why they left. I also noticed that good players will stay so they can get us. Good luck with that. Few have and few will.

MERG said:

Chris720

Is it me or is everyone sniping now? I found 4 dudes bunched together in this one area with sniper rifles, killed the lot... and then they kept coming back, either for a revenge kill or to snipe, I don't know.

And I agree about Docks, there's 2 areas in that map where its almost impossible to get them... and smoke is pointless crap if someone on the opposing team has a Thermal Scope... that dam lvl 51 dude should know better, seriously...

And getting in there is rather hard, but not impossible... I just find that I get encircled by these dudes and get butt slapped... but with 2-3 guys storming it at the same time, I find, you can usually over run it pretty easily.

And if your camping in there, as long as you have one dude upstairs they shouldn't spawn up there. So its pretty much just a massacre at the bottleneck doorway.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

RDB

xDemon720x wrote:

Is it me or is everyone sniping now? I found 4 dudes bunched together in this one area with sniper rifles, killed the lot... and then they kept coming back, either for a revenge kill or to snipe, I don't know.

And I agree about Docks, there's 2 areas in that map where its almost impossible to get them... and smoke is pointless crap if someone on the opposing team has a Thermal Scope... that dam lvl 51 dude should know better, seriously...

And getting in there is rather hard, but not impossible... I just find that I get encircled by these dudes and get butt slapped... but with 2-3 guys storming it at the same time, I find, you can usually over run it pretty easily.

And if your camping in there, as long as you have one dude upstairs they shouldn't spawn up there. So its pretty much just a massacre at the bottleneck doorway.

Hmmm... the thermal scope would present a problem to smoke, but how often do you really see someone with that much xp camping??? I haven't seen it. For me, usually a smoke grenade followed by a flash, then a frag just for good measure followed by me with guns blazing will do the trick for at least some of the folks in there. It would be nice if there was a ladder as previously mentioned, but still fun to storm the holdout.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

was not expecting to end up against 4 nintendo lifers when i logged on last night!

i was excited to finally get classic conflict working, but when i looked at the scoreboard i was the only player above 35 there. or the only one with a double digit rank... looks like there's nothing hacking can't give you access to. at least those modes are running now. i was a little disappointed that it's no different than regular conflict other than the bond villain skins, but it's still a lot of fun.

team license to kill on the other hand is a total mess if even a single player on your team is a dumbass. this one teammate kept killing me and the others so much that i had to shoot him on sight every time to stop him from taking us all down. we all had infinite ammo throughout the entire match, so he was obviously hacking and just screwing around to ruin the match. not a nice introduction to that mode.

for anyone who hasn't tried it, use remote mines in goldeneye. there is nothing more fun in this game than seeing your console getting hacked, hitting the detonator from across the map and seeing a +5 appear on your screen.

Z_Bone

romulux wrote:

was not expecting to end up against 4 nintendo lifers when i logged on last night!

i was excited to finally get classic conflict working, but when i looked at the scoreboard i was the only player above 35 there. or the only one with a double digit rank... looks like there's nothing hacking can't give you access to. at least those modes are running now. i was a little disappointed that it's no different than regular conflict other than the bond villain skins, but it's still a lot of fun.

team license to kill on the other hand is a total mess if even a single player on your team is a dumbass. this one teammate kept killing me and the others so much that i had to shoot him on sight every time to stop him from taking us all down. we all had infinite ammo throughout the entire match, so he was obviously hacking and just screwing around to ruin the match. not a nice introduction to that mode.

for anyone who hasn't tried it, use remote mines in goldeneye. there is nothing more fun in this game than seeing your console getting hacked, hitting the detonator from across the map and seeing a +5 appear on your screen.

That might not be hacking. I've played on advanced modes before I unlocked them by being in a party with a player who HAS unlocked them. He picks the mode and then you get the free pass into the exclusive club. But if you were the only one there at a high enough level....that does sound like hack.

As for the remote mines in Goldeneye...That sounds like fun. I can't wait til I unlock them. Maybe it will make Goldeneye more fun for me. I rarely play that mode.

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

Chris720

@RDB This level 51 guy was camping like crazy. I killed him, he'd go back there... and players at that sorta level should know better and shouldn't need to even camp....

And I usually chuck EVERYTHING in there. But these "flashes" last what? 10 seconds? The rest of the time its just a bit of a blur... THAT'S NOT A FLASH!!

YouTube

romulux

Z.Bone wrote:

That's probably not hacking. I've played on advanced modes before I unlocked them by being in a party with a player who HAS unlocked them.

it was hacking. i was the only one legitimately there and i didn't have anyone in a party with me, what's more is that when the host left all the same people trickled into the next lobby on their own. if i were activision/eurocom i'd be a little embarrassed by that... the top page of the scoreboard is nothing but hackers, every mode and every weapon is being used by level 8'ers... all it takes is 5 minutes with homebrew to subvert the whole game.

Z_Bone

romulux wrote:

z wrote:

That's probably not hacking. I've played on advanced modes before I unlocked them by being in a party with a player who HAS unlocked them.

it was hacking. i was the only one legitimately there and i didn't have anyone in a party with me, what's more is that when the host left all the same people trickled into the next lobby on their own. if i were activision/eurocom i'd be a little embarrassed by that... the top page of the scoreboard is nothing but hackers, every mode and every weapon is being used by level 8'ers... all it takes is 5 minutes with homebrew to subvert the whole game.

Yeah, when I read that you were the only one there that was of a high enough level, I edited my post.

Do the Mario!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.