Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 10,277

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

@RDB This level 51 guy was camping like crazy. I killed him, he'd go back there... and players at that sorta level should know better and shouldn't need to even camp....

if you're talking about the room full of crates with the staircase in back that leads to the little room with the window, i snipe from there a lot and it's a really fun spot. i do love it when people throw smoke because i've got a thermal and it just makes things easier for me.

if you're on the opposite side getting frustrated there are a lot of ways to get in there; one is to snipe from that little stoop outside the door at the other end of the level. if you're good you can crouch behind the stoop and then it's an even fight, both of you have to get headshots to take the other out. problem is that a bunch of the boxes near that doorway always absorbs your shots.

if you don't want to snipe you can just run up the ramp and charge in and immediately head right, into the doorway that leads to the dead end boat area. i can almost always make it in there, then you're halfway to the snipers. you can fight from there or chance another charge toward them if you want, the closer you get the better.

the best way though is to come through the other door into that room, the one that leads out to the main 'square' with the balcony above it. if you come in that way it's very easy to take the snipers by surprise, the people running in from that door are usually the ones that kill me when i'm sniping behind the crates.

could anyone follow any of that? it's hard to explain

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

What I usually do is:

Cramble up on the crates (the ones near that desk that leads out into that alley) and shoot the guys tthrough the wire mesh, since it dosn't absorb your shots. And the snipers never look up there... which is a bonus.

Sometime I might change to my Explosives class and throw some Timed Mines in there along with some grenades. And if you can place one mine on the wall, and the other on the crates, behind the boat, you've usually got all the snipers. I switch back to the Runner class (in case I die) and bombard it with Varghen bullets.

But you can still get easily smuthered by enemy fire, if they had changed that area a bit, it would of been awesome...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Z_Bone

The problem for me isn't necessarily getting into that room, it's the fact that you have to fight for it at all. I want to use the rest of the level, but recently it's just those few rooms that get used. If I go to other parts of the level I don't get any kills and the rest of my team gets decimated trying to get into that room by themselves (since I usually have to carry my team to victory). Now I'm forced to take and hold that room to make sure the other team doesn't take it....which gets really boring.

Do the Mario!

RDB

On now y'all.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Z_Bone

I'm getting on too.

Do the Mario!

Spoony_Tech

@Zbone That area is the very reason I love docks. The challenge to get in there and to hold it is what I love about it. Its one of the only boards Like it in the whole game which Makes it unique. True that for the most part the rest of the level is under used but if you teach people not to go in there then they might use it less. It might b my favorite board. I guess you either love it or hate it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Z_Bone

Tech101 wrote:

@Zbone That area is the very reason I love docks. The challenge to get in there and to hold it is what I love about it. Its one of the only boards Like it in the whole game which Makes it unique. True that for the most part the rest of the level is under used but if you teach people not to go in there then they might use it less. It might b my favorite board. I guess you either love it or hate it.

It seems to be everyone's favorite for some reason, since it and Jungle always get picked. It's middle tier in my book. My favorite map is probably Nightclub because I love the green hotspot that everyone is trying to take/defend. In that regard it is similar to docks, only much better, since there are THREE ways to get up there/defend.
@RDB, GGs tonight. I don't think we ever got close to losing. That one match on docks, I snuck into the sniper lookout multiple times and pulled out my pistol for some easy headshots. Very satisfying. And then I came back down and there were more people camping with their back to me in the boat room. hehe

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

RDB

@Romulux, Tech, Rory... Umm, yea! It's like that!!!

@Zbone, much fun was had by you and I. I had one bad game at the beginning, and that's when you had such a great one. Otherwise, we just took care of business.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

romulux

i see what you guys mean about having a hard time keeping players in. barely anyone stayed for an entire match, not that i blame them. i was running out of ammo and having to use my hawksman because i was living so long... poor suckers.

i'll add rory's code next time i'm on.

Spoony_Tech

OK after that Nintendo life massacre I had to do one to see if I still had it. 21 and 2. OK I feel better now! LOL!! Seriously though where did all the good people go.

Lucky 1 rank person that was on our team after Romulux left. No kills but 90 experience just for the win and something else. Who knows.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kelvin

z wrote:

As for the remote mines in Goldeneye...That sounds like fun. I can't wait til I unlock them. Maybe it will make Goldeneye more fun for me. I rarely play that mode.

GoldenEye is my favourite mode at the moment as it's the most predictable, and at my current playing ability the less uncertainty the better! I like that the matches have a bit of structure, so you know that there are five locations around which you can focus your tactics. As I get better at the game -- if I get better at the game -- I won't need that focus, but for now, it's welcome.

Edited on by Kelvin

Wii Code: 7714 7295 2393 7107
Goldeneye: 1829 8377 3420 - playing as [NL] KelvinG
Mario Kart Wii: 3093 9646 0225
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: 0388 0323 8824

oasis82

I logged on last night for the first time and had a blast! I had time to play 5 matches before the Eagles game. 3 of those were team conflict and 2 were golden gun. I thought i was going to get destroyed but I held my own as good as can be expected. It's going to take time getting the lay of the land with these maps, and I still don't have the controls all memorized since I just got the game on saturday and have only played the opening tutorial in story mode. Luckily they are very similar to COD: MWR. It was funny in golden gun seeing the guy with the gun die and then out of nowhere you get a mad rush of players going for it. I'm ready for more!

oasis82

Spoony_Tech

I love that one game we had last night when 3 of us all had 13 kills. Well thanks to you guys here my win streak is currently at 71. Did some online this morning and it wasn't any better. A couple of matches were close only because my team sucked and as usually had to carry them to win. Sucks when you almost lose because your team has a combined 30 deaths sometime makes me have to be more careful and not die as much.

MERG said:

Chris720

Well, I finally found a match on Team License to Kill today and all my teamates were doing was shooting each other... I was about to kill this guy (enemy player) and my own teammate killed me and stole my kill. I quickly left... not a good introduction into that game mode...

I think I'll be sticking with GoldenEye, Team Conflict and Heroes from now on. Team License to Kill is just absurd, why the hell is your own team killing you?!

YouTube

komicturtle

Hey guys, finally got the game:

FC: 0058-5752-8990
Name: Komicturtle

komicturtle

romulux

the idea is that team license to kill would be locked until you've played enough to know what you're doing, but with hackers getting in at level 1 it's now completely broken. looks like this is one way even conduit 2 has already topped goldeneye... why wouldn't you make the game patchable, eurocom!

about those matches, i noticed that while we definitely cut into each other's total kills we don't seem to get in each other's way that much. we had very good wordless communication, when one person took one path we'd immediately change our course and go a different way. we fanned out over the level pretty well because of that and usually wound up with pretty even kill counts since we were holding our own sections.

Chris720

I think its because EuroCom didn't make up their own servers. Even MWR had dedicated servers (even though it did also go through Nintendo's Wi-Fi) so that maps could be patched and leaderboards could be cleaned of hackers.

I've also heard that it doesn't cost developers to go through Nintendo Wi-Fi because Nintendo pays for them to be up (even though on some games, the servers can't deal with lag), whereas having your own servers costs a lot of money. Therefore, most developers will usually go for the cheaper option. But the cheaper option, is also the crappier option...

Also, has anyone else noticed this: I'm about to throw a grenade/mine, but instead of throwing it, it reverts back to your gun and doesn't shown it being thrown and is still in your equipment area near the ammo.

I've had this happen to me before now, but it doesn't make sense. I could throw them before, then after it doesn't register. But no "lost connection to host" appears. So it a bug, a glitch or what?

YouTube

romulux

sorry for leaving so fast rory but my wii froze and instead of booting it all up again i decided to play donkey kong

Z_Bone

@ Romulux, Yeah, but I have no faith in High Voltage as a developer. Their patches will probably make the game worse.

@ Demon, I've never had that glitch, but this game is very glitchy.

@ Rory Lee, GGs today. I was happy when it finally made you the host after all the Host Quitters we had. That one match on Nightclub was messed up though. I was doing really good until the game went crazy and I could move but everyone I saw was walking in place. Unloaded an entire clip in a guy's head and he didn't die and then it said on my screen that you killed me twice but I never actually died....weird.

Do the Mario!

RoryLee

@ Z.Bone, very good game today. It sucked that it didn't put us on the same team but you were kicking some butt. It's always nice when one of the [NL] can host a game. I've been playing heroes alot lately it's a good way to get a ton of experience. I was struggling on the Nightclub going against your team, just couldn't seem to make my way up those steps.

@ Romulux, My wii has been freezing up at least once everytime I start playing Goldeneye. I played some DKR today and I finally got all of the letters and the puzzle pieces, that game is pretty hard but they give you plenty of extra lives.

I'm pretty excited, just preordered the Nintendo 3ds. Probably be playing GE later tonight hope to see some NL's on later.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.