Forums

Topic: Your most anticipated Switch games of 2020?

Posts 1 to 20 of 36

Magician

With less than a month until we ring in the new year, what are some the upcoming 2020 Switch releases you're eager to play? I'll preface my answer by saying that I assume Bayonetta 3 and SMT V are 2021 games, otherwise they'd be at the top.

5. The Outer Worlds - With Bethesda showing no interest in porting Fallout to Switch, this is the alternative.
4. Streets of Rage 4 - Looks as though it's coming along well. Dotemu does good work.
3. Brigandine - Tactical/RPG in the vein of Master of Monsters or Dark Wizard.
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I've spent roughly 2k hours across most of the games in the series.
1. RPG Maker MV - I haven't played a game in the series since the original on PS1.

There are several more games I look forward to playing, but these are my top five on Switch.

Cyberpunk 2077 tops everything, regardless of the platform.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Laoak

Animal Crossing but something may be revealed and take the spotlight away. And Persona 5: The Royale, which I cant wait for

{funny quote here}

Vanishing-Games

1. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
2. The Outer Worlds
3. Anxiously awaiting new Direct to have more games to be excited about!

I’m with you with Streets of Rage 4 too, but will most likely be waiting to get it on discount. The two I listed are day one, full priced buys for me though.

Vanishing-Games

Magonigal

I really hope a new Pikmin comes out or just a port of Pikmin 3. I also want a port of Super Mario 3D World which is a great game but looking forward to The Outer Worlds and hopefully Breath Of The Wild 2

Magonigal

IceClimbers

Doom Eternal easily. Zelda BotW 2 tops that though if it's a 2020 release.

Beyond that I'm excited for Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Xenoblade Definitive Edition, SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated, No More Heroes 3, Bayonetta 3, and Doom 64.

Elsewhere I'm excited for FFVII Remake and The Last of Us Part II.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

1. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
2. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
3. Panzer Dragoon

If you look at all platforms:
1. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
2. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
3. Panzer Dragoon
4. Gears Tactics
5. Halo Infinite
6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Ori 2 falls into the "should I buy it on XB1 or wait for a Switch port" problem, Gears Tactics and Halo Infinite don't have much info about the games themselves.

A Direct would be nice but not desperate as I'm still working my way through September's lineup (haven't even touched October onwards).

EDIT: Forgot Panzer Dragoon got delayed to 2020.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aozz101x

All Platforms
1. Xenoblade Chronicles DE
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
3. Cyberpunk 2020
4. Doom Eternal
5. Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Switch
1. Xenoblade Chronicles DE
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
3. Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE
4. Doom Eternal
5. Doom 64 (Re-Release)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

rockodoodle

Outer Worlds and maybe Animal Crossing.... I have so many games to play, not sure that I will get either upon release....

rockodoodle

I-U

Animal Crossing New Horizons followed by Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Maelwolf

Outer Worlds
Doom Eternal
Animal Crossing

Really hoping for a few more surprise releases though.

Maelwolf

Ralizah

1) Animal Crossing: New Horizons
2) Shantae and the Seven Sirens (wasn't officially delayed to 2020 yet, but... c'mon...)
3) Persona 5 Scramble
4) World of Horror
5) Trials of Mana

If you include all platforms, though...

1) Final Fantasy VII Remake
2) Animal Crossing: New Horizons
3) Shantae and the Seven Sirens
4) Cyberpunk 2077
5) Persona 5 Scramble

It's worth mentioning that if either SMT V or BotW2 are announced for 2020, those will automatically top both lists.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NotTelevision

I agree with everyone else in saying TMS#FE, Animal Crossing, and definitely BOTW 2 if that one is a possible winter release.

I’d add Panzer Dragoon and No More Heroes 3. I feel like Suda 51 will rebound with the latest game and make something really cool and strange. I’d put that on my top 5 most anticipated for all platforms.

NotTelevision

JoeM103

My list is all hopefulls but

1. Metroid Prime 4
2. Mario Odyssey Sequel
3. Pikmin

I'd love to see a new Starfox, 3D Donkey Kong and Sonic Adventure 3 too though

JoeM103

Switch Friend Code: SW-3487-3999-7859 | My Nintendo: Meadie

Dezzy

On Switch, out of the games that will definitely or maybe release next year:

1- Breath of the Wild 2
2- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
3- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (granted it's not announced, but I think it's all but guaranteed given several leaks and just the obvious sense of doing it before Prime 4)
4- Bayonetta 3
5-Animal Crossing

On other platforms:

1- FF7 remake
2- Cyberpunk 2077
3- Halo Infinite.
4- Last of Us 2
5- Half-life Alyx (I don't plan to have VR by next year but I'm just excited to see how well it does. It it's as good as HL1 and HL2, I'll probably start looking into getting VR)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Pikmin 4

Octane

Dogorilla

I'll certainly be getting Animal Crossing, and BotW 2 if it comes out next year. Other than that I don't think there's anything else I'm definitely going to buy, but I'm interested in The Outer Worlds, Gods and Monsters and the new Lego Star Wars. I'll also get Metroid Prime Trilogy if it comes to the Switch.
Edit: Just remembered I'm probably going to buy Hollow Knight Silksong, Shovel Knight Dig and Deltarune (though the latter may not come out in 2020).

Edited on by Dogorilla

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

gcunit

Octane wrote:

Pikmin 4

@Octane
Untitled

I haven't really paid much attention to 2020 (Nintendo's been pretty quiet on that front - when was the last non-Smash and non-Animal Crossing direct video?) and haven't got my eye on much. I haven't looked at The Outer Worlds but it's supposed to be decent, and as a decent open-world game it's automatically on my radar.

I'm just waiting for a physical edition of Grid: Autosport to be announced (wishful thinking perhaps) and the physical release of Cuphead.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Harmonie

Animal Crossing New Horizons is the one title I've got so far. BOTW2, too, if it comes out in 2020. I can't think of anything else exciting.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Dogtanian

In no particular order...

No More Heroes 3
Deadly Premonition 2
Panzer Dragoon
Streets of Rage 4

Metroid Prime 4 or BOTW2 would qualify of course if they are released next year.

Dogtanian

iKhan

BOTW 2

Part of me hopes that somehow they manage to put Tales of Arise on Switch too.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Sorry, this topic has been locked.