Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 441 to 460 of 3,602

Dezzy

@JaxonH

The only trailer for this that I think has been excellent was the first one really. They need a couple of really awesome ones before launch to get people hyped.
Like that Breath of the Wild trailer when they announced the Switch. That really got people pumped for the game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

I do agree that whoever has been doing the trailers for Zelda and Mario lately just need to do ALL the trailers at Nintendo.

I'm hyped for it, but I would be hyped with NO trailers tbh so...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Nintendo: Have you got a trailer for the presentation, Monolithsoft?
Monolithsoft: TAKE THISSSSSSSSSSSS.

Inertiacreep

@QwertyQwerty lol, i know its awesome... but yea these new gameplay videos are the best quality weve seen so far and its just insane how good this game looks.

Inertiacreep

EvilLucario

Honestly don't think the repeated lines are too big of an issue. In XC1 they were personalized enough and added a lot of character to battles to make them more awesome to fight in. In XCX soul voices were an essential part of combat to notify you what Art to use to get buffs/heals.

Either way, after listening to the OST of what's available, I'm 1000% MORE hyped for this game. Oh my goodness, this OST is nothing but pure euphoria.

Literally have this song on repeat for the past 6 hours. STILL NOT SICK OF IT

Honestly, this is THE single best launch year for a console in a very long time. A new 3D Mario and Zelda was enough to seal the deal for many, but other niches like Mario + Rabbids, Splatoon, ARMS, Fire Emblem Warriors, and now Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Man, you cannot look at that and say that's bad. So much diversity and great stuff it's mind-boggling.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

QwertyQwerty wrote:

The VA during battles has been ramped up, even though it was a problem in previous games.

You're allowed to have this wrong opinion.

Luna_110

I like the VA, and it’s great the voices have been ramped up. It was annoying in XCX that the volume was sometimes so low that it would drowned by the music.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Inertiacreep

@EvilLucario i mean i sampled some of the music in the switch news section, but i didnt really listen to any whole songs... so listening to this track while waiting to start a game of Dota2.... man this has got to be one of the best video game tracks ever.

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

@Snaplocket the strings piano and guitars like... this is really an outstanding composition.

Inertiacreep

EvilLucario

That's fair, not every piece of music should aim to appeal to everyone. But holy moly it's taken over my eardrums lol.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

What are your guys' favorite xenoblade tracks? I'll -always- love Beyond the Sky from the first game, but Sylvalum's theme from X is so hauntingly gorgeous.

TuVictus

cadaver138

Can you play this with Japanese audio? The English voices are really putting me off this game which otherwise seems like it'll be really good.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I'm too lazy to look through 27 pages of comments

cadaver138

Dezzy

I think it said english only in one of the trailers.

EvilLucario

@Operative2-0 Sylvalum's night theme is my favorite overworld theme in XCX. But my favorite track from XC1 is always You Will Know Our Names, and XCX is Black Tar. They get my blood pumping like nothing else.

TuVictus

I completely forgot about Mechonis Field (is that Mechanical Rhythm?), that was especially catchy

TuVictus

EvilLucario

Mechanical Rhythm is easily my second favorite track from XC1. Such a good one.

For other such great tracks on XCX, there's always Uncontrollable (the Tyrant theme) and Don't Worry. Man oh man I love Don't Worry, it's so catchy.

TuVictus

Yes! I hated whenever I flew too close to enemies and the song would restart. or I'd accidentally land

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

Mechonis Field. And thank god, because if it wasn't for that it'd probably be like a 20-way tie or something crazy.

I will say both game's have phenomenal music. Even what should be a forgettable theme for Ganglion bases in Xenoblade X is shockingly memorable to me.

SKTTR

"So Nah, So Fern" from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

One of my favourite tunes, and I never actually recognized it when it played in the game. In fact, most of XenoX's best tunes are only played once or twice, and not even from start to finish.

Only when I dug into the soundtrack and the lyrics, I started to get emotionally attached to this song. And I wanted to find the scene in the game where this song plays. I found it's just an incomplete and muted version of the song in a cutscene that is also broken up by a "multiple choice answer"-pause. What a low-key place for this beautiful, beautiful song. Any other game would place it as the title track or ending track, or in an endless loop. So that makes this a real hidden gem for me.

A Japanese woman giving her best to sing a song with German lyrics (probably for the first time) amazed me as well.

I think the song also fits perfectly to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (with "the big tree" and the whole spirit and meaning of the song). I still listen regularly to it and wish there was a place in the game where I could replay it without starting from scratch.

It's the only piece of video game music I heard in 30 years that connects to my soul on the deepest level.

It resurrected my belief that videogames can still bring joy, a gift, a surprise to even a seasoned hardcore veteran gamer. It resurrected my belief that the best videogame moments aren't necessarily bound to the games we played as kids. This affection and love can still be found and accessed in new modern games, and it doesn't matter in the slightest how old we are.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

kkslider5552000

Snaplocket wrote:

Really? I find the soundtracks from those games to be almost completely forgettable.

...um...yes. I really like a well regarded soundtrack in 2 well regarded games made by well regarded composers. Are you somehow surprised?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic