Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 3,381

kkslider5552000

Yeah, as someone who knows very little about Xenosaga, what I've heard has not been...brilliant. Like, it's usually what I think of when I remember how much people seemingly turned against the genre in the 2000s. My assumption based on what I've heard is that it's another JRPG that's more interested in being a bad anime than a good game (which to be fair, regardless of how great it will likely be when I finally experience it, is a reasonable initial assumption of parts of Xenoblade 2 :V)

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Galenmereth

I would also really love a XCX remaster on Switch! Considering we’ve seen many WiiU games ported and enhanced so far, I have some hope it might happen.

Edited on by Galenmereth

Galenmereth

CroRock

It really confuses me that fire element has advantages over water element... can’t adopt to that.
Anyone have a picture or link for element charts in XC2? Trying my best to break those orbs around bosses but not sure what type of dmg I shoud make to break them faster and advance in second and third cycle of chain attack.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

belmont

So jrpgs are my favourite games. I got a Switch a while back but to be fair no other game seemed as interesting as this one and the majority of the other games had versions on other game systems I have. So I think this will be my first game. Since it is somewhat expensive for a portable game I have a question for those who played it.

I know this is objective but is the plot inetesting? I have all the previous Xeno (saga, cronicles 1) games but I somehow missed XCX. Will I miss something in the plot?

Also in the initial videos the performance on portable mode seemed subpar with not as good graphics and low framerate. Have some of those issues adressed yet or have they said they will fix them? Either way it is fine though.

belmont

Snaplocket

@kkslider5552000 As someone who's played Xenosaga episodes 1 and 3, I can safely say they're great games. Engaging stories, well-developed characters, simple but fun turn-based battles, great use of the sci-fi setting, it gets most of it right. They're issues like how the game handles bonus points, unfair difficulty spikes, and the fact it was originally a 6 game series that got down to three (and the first and second games were originally meant to be one product), but it's still arguably one of the better RPGs of its time. It's "anime" yeah, but so was Xenoblade and Xenogears so that argument really doesn't work.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Snaplocket

Inertiacreep wrote:

@Snaplocket I think you're just QQ about the blade system. To me, I think its great... Like I've played FF6 probably 20 times in my life... I know where everything is. It's the same every time I play it. I think this system is great. It will NEVER be the same each time you play through. You will always get different party members at different times.

It's still gonna be the same game every time, the unique blades really aren't different enough from the standard ones to feel that different in terms of combat (something I only realized at the end of the game) and all the environments and enemies will be the same too. Affinity charts are still far too tedious for me to overlook and leaving most unique blades to random chance is a bad idea no matter how you slice it. It's totally possible for someone to go through the entire game without getting more then 3 unique blades through core crystals. I don't agree with you.

Inertiacreep

@Snaplocket i think they would have to try pretty hard to not open any core crystals... it seems like the game ensures everybody gets a good few as long as they open core crystals.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Snaplocket

@Inertiacreep Don't forget the possibility of getting one on a character that's the worst possible match and nothing you can do about it.

Pahvi

@Snaplocket Unless you got those Overdrive protocols.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

maelis

Hello, i have a simple question.... how do you use an item? like a drink for example... from the item menu i cannot do anything on any type of items...
The problem is a skill level 2 used for investigating treasure points requires that i consume aegi's favorite drink...but i don't know how to do that? (by the way, what is her favorite drink?^^)

Also, when you create a blade, what things should i look out? is it important to focus on one attribute or having high level in all attributes is better? i see that i can use boosters to increase an attribute level...but i don't really know if i should use it or where...^^

I discovered that to unlock things in the world several blades can be "used" to reach the required level (example wind property lvl1 from one blade + wind property level 1 from one blade = level2^^)
it only works with blades that i and my comrades have "equipped" right?

Also : in combat, i noticed that tora has a lot of aggro, what can i do to decrease his aggro or increase mine? i have a healing blade but almost never get the aggro...
And one last thing! : i don't really get the difference of the classes : healer tank and attacker... does this only govern what arts a driver can use or is there other things implied?
Because for example , my blade is a healing one, but i have arts that are offensive (one is a very effective punch) why is that? thenwhy shouldn't i go all healers? Because i don't see a lot of difference in dps between fighting using aegis or the healing blade except that i die way easier with aegis^^

Edited on by maelis

maelis

Galenmereth

@Snaplocket As you progress the chance of getting unique Blades goes up because the stats of your characters inevitably will. You will get many unique blades and you will realize you want to open them with different characters - or use overdrive protocols.

The game’s locales and enemies might be the same for any play through, but the order in which you go about finding treasure and exploring, what enemies you’re ready for and when, and how your team is comprised will vary way more than most RPG’s. In this sense it’s akin to Pokémon; the gyms and trainers are always the same, but your team composition is a factor that changes these challenges and how you approach them. The fact that you don’t like chance playing a factor is fine, but you can’t deny that it will make a significant difference in when and how you can successfully complete side content.

Galenmereth

Galenmereth

@maelis Items are put in character’s (Drivers) pouch on the character screen, and will affect the Blades attached to them.

The stats affect the likelihood of unlocking specific Blades but I don’t think anyone knows all the specific details yet.

Yes, Blades must be equipped for their field skills to activate; they will work even for Drivers not currently in your active party of three however

Galenmereth

maelis

oohh right!! those pouchs i haven't opened one yet^^ thank you!!!

field skills :
"they will work even for Drivers not currently in your active party of three however" i'm not sure i understand this phrase^^ aren't skill used to unlock things in the world? like treasure points, obstacles, inscriptions.... so inactive drivers are not concerned, no (i'm rather at the beginning of the game)?

for creating blades : so i cannot govern the class of the blade i will create right? But apparently i can "choose" the element of the blade :boosters seem to have element to them, and indeed, i managed to create a blade with the element i wanted, i think... but do we know the impact of having a high level or a low level for one element?
like all atributes have 0 and only one attribute is level 5 versus all atributes have 0 and one atribute at level 1..

for the combat : i noticed that tora has a lot of aggro and tends to be the first one put down, what can i do to decrease his aggro or increase mine? i have a healing blade but almost never get the aggro( except sometimes after a big spike damage)...using core ships or items, that is all?
And one last thing! : i don't really get the difference of the classes : healer tank and attacker... does this only govern what arts a driver can use or is there other things implied? For example, i don't really know what class i should set Hana (by the way her voice is amazing^^)...apparently she is a healer but it seems i can change her class..maybe it is a bit to soon?^^
Or : I don't see a lot of difference fighting with a healing blade or aegis : in terms of damage.. i just die way more easily with aegis...so i don't see the utility (yet?!) to use her since the damage is roughly the same...

sorry for a lot of text^^

Edited on by maelis

maelis

Nekoo77

Just finished it last night, what an incredible game, the story had me sucked in the whole time. Easily one of my favorite games ever. Seeing as how I didn't enjoy X this was such a breath of fresh air. 10/10 would play again, wish new game + was here at launch but oh well. At least its coming.

Switch FC: SW-5982-6570-5215

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 5343-8418-9364 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

Snaplocket

@Pahvi Of which there are barely any in the game at all.

Pahvi

@Snaplocket And in the context of adding variation to replays (which I don't really advocate due to the game's length), having eight (8) in total appears to be more than enough.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

Snaplocket

@Pahvi There incredibly well hidden and I only found three in my 99 hour playthrough.

Late

I actually used one overdrive protocol quite early in the game because I didn't know what it would do. I'm sure it was said somewhere but I didn't happen to notice it and I certainly didn't know they were that rare. Oh well, I don't really care who has what. I've played for 35 hours, currently in chapter 4, just found the barrels in Mor Ardain and I have two overdrive protocols in my bag.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Xaldin

@maelis

1. What he means is that once you get 4 Drivers you'll only be able to have 3 of them in your active party, but the even the blades equipped to the Driver not currently in your active party will count towards the field skills.

2. Even when you use boosters it doesn't guarantee that you'll get that element, it just increases the chances of getting that element. Higher levels correspond to a greater chance of getting that element and also a better star rating for the blade youll get. You can increase those levels permanently by unlocking skills in each blades affinity chart. If you hover over one of the affinity skills, at the top of the description it should say "idea" and show one of the booster elements. When you unlock that skill you'll basically get experience for that idea, and once you get enough you should see a notification saying "idea level up" for that Driver.

3. There are certain accessories you can equip that increase aggro, some blade battle skills increase aggro, and certain blade's affinity chart skills can increase aggro. However you generally want the tank to get all the aggro anyway. A lot of tank blades have skills that increase damage when they have aggro. If Tora keeps dying then try to increase the Block Rate of his weapons by equipping a different core chip.

4. A character's class is determined by which blades they have equipped. You can see what their current class is in the character menu over their name. Each class gives certain buffs which you can view if you go to Character > Select a driver > Engage Blades. You can see the buffs on a bar labeled Class Effect. For example, for one of my drivers I have 2 attack blades and a healing blade equipped. His class is called Wild Cavalier and he has "Boost damage dealt, HP Potion Effect Up, Lowers Aggro" in the Class Effects section.

Any Driver can have any class but certain Drivers are more suited to certain classes. Each Driver has different skills they can use for the same weapon type. For example, Rex only has one healing skill for the Bitball weapon (Touchdown) but Nia has 2 healing skills for the exact same weapon(Dolphin Spin and Healing Circle).

Tora is an exception to classes since he can't change blades. Instead you can use Role CPUs to change the Class of his equipped blades, which will change Tora's class.

Edited on by Xaldin

My Switch username is Cynas. If you know which game that name comes from without looking it up then I'm very proud of you.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Galenmereth

@Snaplocket Once you get to the lategame (for me around 70 hours) and you learn to use overkill and break > topple > launch > smash on enemies to increase the loot drops (this is explained ingame by multiple NPC's), you'll start getting more and more legendary cores. Which have a much higher chance of getting 4 star blades. Which you can release for overdrive protocols.

They're endgame "currency", which I do agree might be a little too rare early on, but much like a roguelike game the random element puts variation into your playthrough until you get to that point, so that you have to mostly find a way to roll with what you have. Personally I think that's a good thing, but that is subjective.

Galenmereth

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic