Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 4,003

Pahvi

@Snaplocket And in the context of adding variation to replays (which I don't really advocate due to the game's length), having eight (8) in total appears to be more than enough.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

Snaplocket

@Pahvi There incredibly well hidden and I only found three in my 99 hour playthrough.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Late

I actually used one overdrive protocol quite early in the game because I didn't know what it would do. I'm sure it was said somewhere but I didn't happen to notice it and I certainly didn't know they were that rare. Oh well, I don't really care who has what. I've played for 35 hours, currently in chapter 4, just found the barrels in Mor Ardain and I have two overdrive protocols in my bag.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Cynas

@maelis

1. What he means is that once you get 4 Drivers you'll only be able to have 3 of them in your active party, but the even the blades equipped to the Driver not currently in your active party will count towards the field skills.

2. Even when you use boosters it doesn't guarantee that you'll get that element, it just increases the chances of getting that element. Higher levels correspond to a greater chance of getting that element and also a better star rating for the blade youll get. You can increase those levels permanently by unlocking skills in each blades affinity chart. If you hover over one of the affinity skills, at the top of the description it should say "idea" and show one of the booster elements. When you unlock that skill you'll basically get experience for that idea, and once you get enough you should see a notification saying "idea level up" for that Driver.

3. There are certain accessories you can equip that increase aggro, some blade battle skills increase aggro, and certain blade's affinity chart skills can increase aggro. However you generally want the tank to get all the aggro anyway. A lot of tank blades have skills that increase damage when they have aggro. If Tora keeps dying then try to increase the Block Rate of his weapons by equipping a different core chip.

4. A character's class is determined by which blades they have equipped. You can see what their current class is in the character menu over their name. Each class gives certain buffs which you can view if you go to Character > Select a driver > Engage Blades. You can see the buffs on a bar labeled Class Effect. For example, for one of my drivers I have 2 attack blades and a healing blade equipped. His class is called Wild Cavalier and he has "Boost damage dealt, HP Potion Effect Up, Lowers Aggro" in the Class Effects section.

Any Driver can have any class but certain Drivers are more suited to certain classes. Each Driver has different skills they can use for the same weapon type. For example, Rex only has one healing skill for the Bitball weapon (Touchdown) but Nia has 2 healing skills for the exact same weapon(Dolphin Spin and Healing Circle).

Tora is an exception to classes since he can't change blades. Instead you can use Role CPUs to change the Class of his equipped blades, which will change Tora's class.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Galenmereth

@Snaplocket Once you get to the lategame (for me around 70 hours) and you learn to use overkill and break > topple > launch > smash on enemies to increase the loot drops (this is explained ingame by multiple NPC's), you'll start getting more and more legendary cores. Which have a much higher chance of getting 4 star blades. Which you can release for overdrive protocols.

They're endgame "currency", which I do agree might be a little too rare early on, but much like a roguelike game the random element puts variation into your playthrough until you get to that point, so that you have to mostly find a way to roll with what you have. Personally I think that's a good thing, but that is subjective.

Galenmereth

Pahvi

@Snaplocket I agree, they're about that rare. There are still the cores you can know for 100% certainty what they'll contain, that's at least four that I've found so far.

And I think I read some future update will allow sending the Drivers' default Blades to merc missions, which can fill those "Defeat X of this enemy type at Y" tasks.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

EvilLucario

Seeing people talk about Rare Blade rarity reminds me of farming for the best battle traits on gear in XCX. Boy, if you want excessive grind, go farm for the best gear you can ever get, killing Joker over and over and over again. That will take you dozens of hours. And that's if you want ONE set of gear (in Joker's case, weapons)! If you want to build yet another type of playstyle like reflect builds or tank builds, you need to farm even more for the gear with desired battle traits you want. But that's not all, there's also Skell gear to farm...

At least all that was optional since a half-baked build was still good enough, but my goodness min-maxing what you want was its absolute worst. I still have no access to XC2 yet, but when talking with friends it seems that min-maxing what you want is much more bearable than in XCX.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Galenmereth

@Pahvi Through main story and sidequests I count 7 unique named core blades gotten so far, on my way to an 8th

Edited on by Galenmereth

Galenmereth

Tsurii

Almost a shame there's no actual ingame counter for core crystals, otherwise I'd probably get to have some kind of sad bragging rights... Still no new rare blades from those. I think I got most of the unique crystals by now tho.

I really hope the new game+ mode is gonna let me keep the blades from random core crystals at least, I assume they wouldn't just let you keep the story ones and/or ones gotten through sidequests. I also kinda hope the levels get reset (but keep those darn affinity charts. I have no problem with 99% of those, but Ursula is an absolute nightmare... Which sucks because I like her on my party)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

maelis

@Xaldin : Thank you soo much for the detailed answers!!
I understood for 1, 2 and 3 )))))

Can you tell me the difference between "classes" (the name that comes from the arrangement of blades i have equipped?) and "roles" like tank, healer, dps..^^i don't quite see how the 2 are separated^^

Or maybe this : what makes a blade a certain "type" like heal, tank or dps?
Is it only from the arts it provides me?

"Each Driver has different skills they can use for the same weapon type" I thought that was the blades that provided me the skill/arts? (although i can upgrade the arts in the driver panel, not in the blade panel so ^^)

sorry for all those pestering questions!

Edited on by maelis

maelis

jtmnm

@maelis Blades have a predetermined role, and their arts can vary with the party member their bonded with. Healing arts are exclusive to healers (obviously), though I recently learned there is one exception: KOS-MOS. Although she is an attack Blade, she has a special that both damages the enemy and heals the party. Talk about OP!

As for a party member's class, they are determined by the Blades you assign them. Here's an excellent guide explaining roles and classes.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

maelis

thank you very much:)^^ i'm a bit afraid of spoilers for reading the guide though

i have a regret on a quest i just did (quest in chapter 3, spoilers^^ : it's in the mercenary village in "inbidia", i just saved children from monsters and one wanted to come with me for revenge and becoming a driver under my guidance.....the thing is, i had 2 options to tell him : make him abandon his revenge, or tell him to stay like he his or something.......and i chose the second one... now that i think of it maybe i just missed a new companion ((( can somebody tells me if i had chosen the first option he would have been my companion please?

i also need to kill 4 or 6 specific monsters (non unique faeris) in guura (gomrot?) to unlock a skill level 2 for aegis but i cannot find them would someone know where i can find these monsters please^^ i apparently already killed one but cannot find it again^^

Edited on by maelis

maelis

JaxonH

Man, Xenoblade 2 is SO dang good. I'm at the end of chapter 3 (swear I've been playing this chapter for 15 hours it seems), and I'm just flabbergasted at how good the story is and how much it's sucked me in.

Never will understand the people who crap on this game's story. Can't recall a single game that has it bested in all my years of playing video games.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

JaxonH

@maelis

They're out in the open field. I think those are the lion looking ones.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Tsurii

@JaxonH if you're already so invested in the story you'll die from bliss later on lol

I reached the final battle over the weekend and let's just say the final big revelation legit blew my mind after a hint of disappointment at first glance (<= not actually a spoiler per se)

Edited on by Tsurii

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Pahvi

@Galenmereth Ah. I forgot the main quest ones, I was talking only about the ones I get in optional sidequests ( P, S, V, T ).

And now I've started hoarding money for the queen. All too easy to get a region to five stars now :/

Edited on by Pahvi

GoldenGamer88

Officially entered Chapter 7. And man, the feels! I legit cried like a little child, this story is fantastic!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

erv

JaxonH wrote:

Man, Xenoblade 2 is SO dang good. I'm at the end of chapter 3 (swear I've been playing this chapter for 15 hours it seems), and I'm just flabbergasted at how good the story is and how much it's sucked me in.

Never will understand the people who crap on this game's story. Can't recall a single game that has it bested in all my years of playing video games.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm 6 chapters in or so and it really touches me. The music in some places really helps too, and the blade concept (and living on titans thing etc.) is a very original concept that allows for unique story dynamics.

Lovely game this is.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Tsurii

I've beaten the final (story) Boss at 84 hours playtime now.

Holy cow...

I'll leave it at that
I have to say one thing tho, it's a little sad to me thinking about the people who haven't played, or completed, Xenoblade Chronicles 1 for whatever reason, because the games are connected after all. And..goshdarn are they connected in a beautifully elegant way, that one really blew my mind and there's a single line during that final encounter that actually made me squeak for a moment.

Now it's exploring Alrest a little more before new game plus hits lol
I cannot wait to milk this game for all it's worth, seasonpass is purchased as well.
This might be a little clouded by me having just experienced that story and it's conclusion but, to me, this is the best Xeno game by a long shot. And it's only getting better considering they fix one of two big "issues" I have with it this week.

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Ralizah

I read a description of the last 1/3 or so of Xenoblade Chronicles' plot (since I never properly finished the game), but it was so weird and metaphysical that I didn't get much from it. Maybe I'll watch a LP.

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic