Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 3,602

darkfenrir

@Inertiacreep I think you can still increase it, it's just the requirement for "full burst" for extra stuff, like what Tsurii said

darkfenrir

Inertiacreep

@darkfenrir well if you can still increase damage more, what is full burst actually do? ... oh, it just means you get full drop rate?

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

darkfenrir

@Inertiacreep it probably give extra percentage (?) Like the bonus damage x600% things. And that bonus has a cap, that's what I guess, but I probably is wrong on this =w="

darkfenrir

JaxonH

@iLikeUrAttitude
I did her affinity chart. Blocking attacks is something done passively. It's not something you actively control. Just fight with her, and she'll naturally block attacks as you progress. 9% block means 1 out of 11 attacks directed at her will be blocked automatically. So just find a few groups of enemies (that way your other characters will aggro different enemies than Rex/Perun, giving yourself the chance to take hits and rack up potential blocks). You basically just play the game and it happens on its own.

I guess if you really wanted, you could send her on a few merc missions as well

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Inertiacreep

Ok, after the last 20-30 hours now i can't stand Rex. Why? Because he constantly stands around with his arms folded and back hunched over and it's annoying the piss out of me the way he looks.

Inertiacreep

meleebrawler

@Inertiacreep Personally I find Nia doing the same, but leaning way back looks far more weird (Rex's just looks like typical "lost in thoughts" pose), but whatever.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Deathwalka

I’m on the ship trying to save nia and the guards non stop shouting of “THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME!? DONT FORGET ME! Is starting to grate on me lol
Also the least epic line anyone can say in a fight..don’t forget me??! 😂

Deathwalka

RR529

Knocked down quite a few sidequests today. Because Rex's EXP meter is almost full, I'm going to grind just a tad (just enough to net me the next level), then spend what inn EXP I have, before going back to the main story.

Pyra's probably not going to be so happy with me taking my time with the big rescue mission, lol.

Oh, I also obtained my first Legendary Core Crystal today as well.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

I got KOS-MOS!!! Finally!

I was about ready to give up and just say screw it, I don't even care anymore. My last batch of 60 common, 10 rare and 1 legendary gave me NOTHING. So I just got to chapter 10 and decided to open whatever cores I had left because the game is almost over, so why not. I noticed Zeke had 7 points in justice loan number is in the other categories and I thought maybe that would help because it would mean a greater chance of pulling one of the two elements needed to obtain KOS-MOS. So I equip Tim with the three best blades that increased his Luck stat, and I equipped a 30% Luck and +26 Luck accessory. And are used a chip to give one of his blades a weapon that boosted +50 Luck.

I was going through my common cores, and had spent about 35 of them and had pretty much settled in my mind I wasn't going to get anything and I would just have to deal with never finding KOS-MOS. The last few legendary ones I tried gave me nothing so my hope wasn't raised for those either.

And then it came. Out of nowhere, there she was. The final 20th random blade. The very last drop. I think she is meant to be the last one found. I know I've heard some people say they found her early on but I'm reading a lot of reports online where people get her dead last, if at all. Then I freaked out because when I tried using an overdrive protocol it would not show Rex- only Nia and Morag. But then I remembered that would not be a problem. And it wasn't.

Unfortunately I now need to grind trust and get her affinity chart up to scratch so I can use her for this final chapter, which may actually turn out to be just the final boss. Idk. I had a pretty good team before with Rex, Perun and Kora. Then I swapped out Perun/Kora for Agate/Roc because they have Launch and Smash. And for the last two chapters I've been doing the full Break > Topple > Launch > Smash combo. But I miss having my healer in the group (Kora). He doesn't have any healing arts that I'm aware of but I think some of her passive skills heal. Because I know I've seen her heel the team somehow and she is a healer after all. Just seems more of the type of the heel or you would have as a "second healer" for win battles get tough. She's not as strong as a healer as Dromarch or Boreas, but when added on top of your normal healer it's just a bonus. And she looks totally rad. And has a good element for combos.

So. Now I have the final Poppi, and KOS-MOS. So I'm going to swap back to Kora/Perun, and just substitute KOS-MOS for Perun. Which I really hate to do because I love Perun, but there's only room for 3.

Hot diggity dang! I I honestly thought I was going to be shafted this entire play through when it came to her.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Deathwalka

Thankfully, that's one of the worst spots in the game for those annoying battle lines. You'll deal with it a few more times in chapter 2 but, once you get to Ch. 3 and beyond I don't really recall dealing with it much at all. So take comfort knowing it's not going to be something you'll have to hear all game long.

Deathwalka

@JaxonH thanks man lmao it’s just cancer to my ears after the 20th time I had to put on Japanese language which sounded better 🤣

Deathwalka

darkfenrir

@JaxonH Well to add to that Kos-Mos, I got her and she's around my... 5th from the last? I think. Only had 4 or 5 Rare Blades left, and I'm sooooo lazy to try to get them because to be honest, I got every Rare Blade I really want already. (Only Herald left and she's from the side quest thing so...)

darkfenrir

RR529

@JaxonH, I got KOS-MOS for Nia, when I was just trying to get her a common fire Blade (I needed just one more Fire Mastery lvl for a Field Skill thing).

First Common Core I used got me KOS-MOS, and I was like O-O (I didn't even boost luck or use any Boosters because I wasn't aiming for a Rare).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Inertiacreep

@meleebrawler lol, and hers doesn't annoy me.. hers is a pose of confidence.. his is a pose of insecurity.
@JaxonH i seriously don't know why this guy acts like kos mos is the best thing in the world when he hasn't even played Xenosaga... poser.

Inertiacreep

Grumblevolcano

Is Forestry exclusive to a certain rare blade? I've used a lot of core crystals over my ~120 hours playing and not one blade has had Forestry. Just want a yes or no answer, no specifics.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkfenrir

I understand JaxonH's feelings for Kos Mos, to be honest. She looks great, and is it wrong to really want her based on your perception of the looks?

darkfenrir

JaxonH

@RR529 @darkfenrir

I hear stories like that often enough it drove me mad. People who weren't even trying to get her who would just get her out of the blue lol. Yet they've got entire forums dedicated to people spending hundreds of crystals, legendaries even, and still can't pull her. The chances of pulling a rare blade when you already have 19 out of 20 are slim to none. It's like drawing from a deck of cards. At first, there's a 25% chance of pulling a spade. But pull 12 spades and the chances of finding that last Ace become 1/40. Only it's worse in the game because they replace the rare Blades you found with commons. Meaning the pool of potentials never shrinks. So instead of that spade being 1/40, it's 1/52. Yet in the game we are dealing with fractions of a percent for your chance. It's maddening.

Anyways, I found the ones I like most to be Perun, Kora, KOS-MOS, Poppi, Brigid and Pandora.

Obviously only some of those are from crystals, but those are all my favorites. Didn't like Boreas, but he is such a good healer I had to use him, so I gave him to Nia along with Vess. Shame I never use Zeke with Pandoria, but Tora and Nia are just so likeable.

Edited on by JaxonH

darkfenrir

@JaxonH Please, I really want her and have been giving up so I'm just opening cores randomly when I got her. Really makes me surprised.

On the topic of fav blades though... i actually really like Boreas, I feel he's adorable as heck. Although then again I mostly use Blades based on their usefulness... I really need to recheck the tankiness/healerness of my other members. Have been changing from Tora for tank.

darkfenrir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic