Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 161 to 180 of 3,602

erv

X really grew on me playing it. You have to stray from the path to feel it shine, though. It has that entire "planet" feel where most games don't get beyond the region feel. And the affinity stuff does add to the game a lot...

I really wonder how the new chronicles stacks up in all of this. The chronicles one on wii was very good in a lot of different ways.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Dezzy

Operative2-0 wrote:

I think the first wins world + story for me. X focused on sheer size, which was amazing, but the unique idea of the Bionis and Mechonis had me sold

The whole concept was great for the first one. But the actual plot got pretty daft in the later stages I thought. The whole sci-fi part they added at the end seemed completely superfluous.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

SKTTR

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the reason I got the Switch on launchday and Zelda along with it. (I could have bought Zelda on Wii U, but since I need Xeno2 anyway I jumped onto Switch asap).

I'm quite happy that there is a good line-up of RPGs coming to Switch.

I've completed Zelda in 6 weeks. And now I'm on Disgaea 5 Complete. (I still hope for a retail version of I am Setsuna in Europe or I'll import it some time.) In a few months Fate/Extella und Skyrim will be added to my collection. And soon enough comes the BotW DLC, Xeno2, Lost Sphear, and Project Octopath Traveler, hopefully Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest XI, and the Secret of Mana Collection too!

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Dezzy

Red_Dragon wrote:

Hello all I'm new!

Anyways, I wanted to say I would love to see if they could do something similar to what Platinum did with Bayonetta 2 with how they included Bayonetta 1 as a bonus and include Xenoblade Chronicles alongside Xenoblade 2. Or maybe even Xenoblade Chronicles X alongside Xenoblade 2, I think they could really push some units doing this.

HD Remastered Xenoblade Chronicles with Chronicles 2 would be damn good. Assuming those stories are connected, that'd be the natural choice.
I somehow doubt they will though. I'm not even sure who thought porting Bayonetta 1 was a good idea. I doubt it ended up being a profitable decision.

Edited on by Dezzy

JasmineDragon

Dezzy wrote:

Red_Dragon wrote:

Hello all I'm new!

Anyways, I wanted to say I would love to see if they could do something similar to what Platinum did with Bayonetta 2 with how they included Bayonetta 1 as a bonus and include Xenoblade Chronicles alongside Xenoblade 2. Or maybe even Xenoblade Chronicles X alongside Xenoblade 2, I think they could really push some units doing this.

HD Remastered Xenoblade Chronicles with Chronicles 2 would be damn good. Assuming those stories are connected, that'd be the natural choice.
I somehow doubt they will though. I'm not even sure who thought porting Bayonetta 1 was a good idea. I doubt it ended up being a profitable decision.

I seriously doubt that anyone is even considering this, as XC3D is still the most prominent New 3DS exclusive and Nintendo clearly still support the N3DS. A year or two down the road, I can see them giving it the HD treatment, at full cost mind you.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Red_Dragon

@Dezzy It would be a fantastic selling point I think. I would imagine a XB 1 and 2 combo would be 200+ hours of Gameplay, enough to keep gamers busy for over a month.

@JasmineDragon I think it depends, if they want to push console it would be worth looking into. The real question is how long is Nintendo going to continue support the 3DS? At some point they have to pull the plug. I have zero issue buying XBC On Nintendo Switch at full cost either. For the amount of Gameplay you get and that beautiful soundtrack it's worth it.

Edited on by Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

Krull

My main question is, as someone who has never played either of the previous Xenoblade titles, what's it going to be like starting with XC2? Will the story and world still be accessible to newbies like me?

Obviously, if Nintendo would just bundle up the previous games into a port, this wouldn't be a problem...

Edited on by Krull

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

FGPackers

@Krillin We obviously don't know yet since all we saw is the trailer in the January presentation. We just have to wait unfortunately...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Nin10dad

I'm gonna say it is a sequel! There was an obvious Monado in the trailer!

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Dezzy

@Krillin (you might want to change your username btw, it breaks the formatting because of the underlines)

It's very likely that you'll be able to play XC2 as a standalone. XCX has nothing to do with the XC. And XC end in a way that means any follow-up will be largely disconnected from it.
The most I think we'll get is maybe some cameos of the characters from the original.

Edited on by Dezzy

Canadian_Ronin

SKTTR wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the reason I got the Switch on launchday and Zelda along with it. (I could have bought Zelda on Wii U, but since I need Xeno2 anyway I jumped onto Switch asap).

I'm quite happy that there is a good line-up of RPGs coming to Switch.

I've completed Zelda in 6 weeks. And now I'm on Disgaea 5 Complete. (I still hope for a retail version of I am Setsuna in Europe or I'll import it some time.) In a few months Fate/Extella und Skyrim will be added to my collection. And soon enough comes the BotW DLC, Xeno2, Lost Sphear, and Project Octopath Traveler, hopefully Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest XI, and the Secret of Mana Collection too!

Has the Mana collectino been announced for North AMerica?

Canadian_Ronin

Krull

Thanks for the replies, everybody. Must say, after Zelda, this is probably the game I was most excited to get my Switch for. Really looking forward to trying this series.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

kkslider5552000

I'd recommend playing the first game, simply because it's the best game I've played this decade.

But at the same time, I don;t want to be the person that made someone buy an entire system just to play a game only for him to not like it.

Unfortunately, to play the original you either need
A. A New 3DS
B. A Wii U
or C. To Find an Expensive copy of the original Wii release.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Wow, holiday 2017.

I'm not quite feeling this one as much as the first 2 based on the trailers alone. But it's the same director so I'm gonna trust that he's still got his mojo.

Also, I think maybe they're getting revenge on Nintendo of America for removing the bust slider in X. Chortle chortle.

CrazedCavalier

Rex's voice is awful. Why did they listen to the people begging for UK VAs? There are a few good ones like Adam Howden but the talent just isn't really there.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Dezzy

@CrazedCavalier

Ha, I'm sure in the 60 million people in the UK, the talent exists. That'd be the casting to blame!

CrazedCavalier

@Dezzy There's some talent certainly, but there's a faaar larger VA scene in the US/Canada.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Dezzy

@CrazedCavalier

Is it about 5 times as large? (the difference in populations)

CrazedCavalier

@Dezzy I don't know of a single recording studio in the UK. The NA VA scene is far larger and more developed-- that's why games are almost always dubbed here.

Haru17

So they're still pretending this is a 2017 game, huh? Nintendo is the only AAA publisher that didn't announce dates for all of its games releasing this year.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic