Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 141 to 160 of 3,602

SKTTR

@Peek-a-boo No man, I'm the biggest fan. Tsurii might be close second though. But only if he loves "So nah so fern" as much as I do.

XenoX is the best modern RPG imo. I'll be there day one for Xeno2 gladly paying the 60 or 70 bucks day one because I know it will be the next 200-300 hour masterpiece and a delight for adventurers and explorers. Read my XenoX to Xeno1 comparison I posted yesterday in the Wii U forum.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

kkslider5552000

I joined up with Operation Rainfall, the literal day before that whole thing blew up.

I win. :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Luna_110

If the music from the trailer is anything to go by, it will be brilliant. Although, I have to admit I did quite rather like XCX's soundtrack - Theme X is one of my favorite songs.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

R_Champ

Luna_110 wrote:

If the music from the trailer is anything to go by, it will be brilliant. Although, I have to admit I did quite rather like XCX's soundtrack - Theme X is one of my favorite songs.

I thought XCX's soundtrack was great. A lot of the songs were on par or even better than XC1 soundtrack. The only reason I consider XC1 a better soundtrack is because of consistency. Almost every song is awesome, whereas XCX had a few songs that fell flat or just got old really fast (didn't care for the Skell flying theme. And as much as I loved the cheesy Night NLA at first, it did get old).

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

JamestheLol

When playing The Switch in handheld with the joycons attach to the screen, does the joycons battery go down and how long is the joycon battery?

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

Can you just put normal batteries in it

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

Do you also need a micro sd card if you are just going to buy the games not digtal

JamestheLol

Krull

@JamestheLol Hey. The joycons recharge from the main Switch tablet, but their batteries would last longer than your Switch in handheld mode anyway. You can't insert AA batteries in the joycons, but there are power packs that take batteries to recharge your joycons. And no, you don't need a microSD card at all if you're buying physical games - they will take up only a fraction of the internal storage, which is more than ample.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

kkslider5552000

That makes vastly more sense. I've been thinking for a while that Nintendo might want a big open world RPG around the one year anniversary of BotW, and this is pretty close to that. And quite frankly, Zelda should be done (DLC included) once Xenoblade comes out. You don't need to release another big open world first party game the same year as Zelda, especially since it won't be as popular as Zelds.

Luna_110

Considering we had a six month (or more) delay on XCX, a February 2018 release would be brilliant. Most people would be done with Odyssey and you have a new time sink.
I'm amazed at Monolith, though. Now that they have their HD engine ready they truly reduced their production time, so I hope we may see a sequel to XCX on the Switch. It was too much of a tease to leave it like that!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

LinksMightySword

February release would be great .. better than what I expected . This is my # 1 game on the radar .. looking forward to Odyssey as I know it will be spectacular , but I loved the first Chronicles so much I am still playing it regularly .

Nintendo network Id : InRexwetrust
Switch / Nintendo Acct : HolyYoshi!
Switch friend code: SW-4296-5017-1714

Dezzy

Peek-a-boo wrote:

This may sound like a bit of a daft question, but who in this particular thread is the biggest Xenoblade fan?

From what I gather, @Tsurii comes across as the most excited about this sequel, would everybody agree?

I think I'm pretty close, although I haven't been in the thread much.

I'll be buying the Switch basically for this game though. Obviously the Mario Odyssey and Zelda help too. But if it wasn't for this game, I'd just play Zelda on Wii U and probably ignore Mario.

The previous 2 Xenoblades were my top 2 RPGs of the last decade.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Had I not played XCX and only knew of the first game and this one, I'd be through the roof. Not to say I didn't enjoy XCX, but it felt like a step back from the first game, so I'm still really hyped, but not as much as I probably would have been a few years ago.

TuVictus

Dezzy

Felt more like a step sidewards to me. Such a different type of game, despite being so similar.

kkslider5552000

I've put quite a bit of time into Xenoblade X and yet am undecided on how disappointing the game is. I mean, to be fair, I'm not shocked it isn't as good as the original, but last time I played it, the game seemed to refuse to give me sidequests that weren't either a waste of time or too above my current level, so that kinda got me to stop playing as soon as I was getting back into it. But if I get a good sidequest that doesn't involve traveling to areas with unfair insta-kill enemies that are way too easy to stumble into (this is funny sometimes but it can get really annoying), it will probably still be far more fun than most of the genre.

It's weird putting 25 hours into a game and being undecided how to feel about it. But to be fair, Xenoblade took a looooong time to get to the best parts, even in terms of gameplay.

Ideally, I hope Xenoblade 2 has the sort of plot and structure of the original but the character focused sidequests and combat improvements of X.

Red_Dragon

Hello all I'm new!

Anyways, I wanted to say I would love to see if they could do something similar to what Platinum did with Bayonetta 2 with how they included Bayonetta 1 as a bonus and include Xenoblade Chronicles alongside Xenoblade 2. Or maybe even Xenoblade Chronicles X alongside Xenoblade 2, I think they could really push some units doing this.

Red_Dragon

TuVictus

@Dezzy Yeah, I think that best describes it. It tries to accomplish different goals and I think it did great. I just prefer the 1st one more haha

Xenoblade 2 looks great, though, and eventually I hope we get a sequel to X, the story got very interesting there

TuVictus

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

You want to be doing the affinity missions. They're nearly always more interesting. And there are loads of them.

Dezzy

Operative2-0 wrote:

@Dezzy Yeah, I think that best describes it. It tries to accomplish different goals and I think it did great. I just prefer the 1st one more haha

It tries to focus more on the world than the story, and yet I prefer the world of the first one and prefer the story of X. Lol.

TuVictus

I think the first wins world + story for me. X focused on sheer size, which was amazing, but the unique idea of the Bionis and Mechonis had me sold

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic