Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,501 to 5,520 of 70,008

MarcelRguez

Bethesda: Thrilled to be a publishing partner for #NintendoSwitch! The platform presents exciting opportunities for our studios & fans.

Bethesda support alone, if it lasts, will be huge.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

DjLewe78

I wander if to upgrade the switch in the future, you just update the tablet, meaning cheaper upgrades?

I'm so happy as almost all of my PS XBOX friends seem to like it as they said it doesn't look childish like past Nintendo devices. Hopefully more people see it like that and Nintendo dominates the market in the future

1 up !

Inkling

@BLPs So you're officially confirmed to be developing (confirmed with Nintendo)?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

skywake

There are some interesting developers on board. Remember with the Wii U they only ever really got interest from the likes of Ubisoft and EA. The list of partners for the Switch? It's pretty extensive. Some of them are a given like Sega, Platinum, Ubisoft, Level 5, Capcom. All the expected guys. But then there's Telltale, Square Enix, Epic, From Software, Bethesda. Those guys never touched the Wii U.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Shinion

Joe Serebii brought up a good point regarding the price and Pokémon (obviously) in that a separate cheaper unit a la the 2DS would be a very important factor for some of Nintendo's key franchises to thrive. It's still ridiculously early days (or even day long lol) but I wouldn't bet against a cheaper SKU in the future, possibly coinciding with the release of the first big Pokémon games that this system gets.

Shinion

MarcelRguez

@skywake Square did publish some things (namely DQX and Human Revolution), but yeah, things seem to fare much better.

I can see why developers would be excited for the device, it's another place where they can sell the games they're making while targeting an entirely different demographic (those who prefer handheld gaming) at the same time.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Inkling Registered developer but were gonna get Switch access with the rest of the world, which is fine, since the game isnt coming until Q1 2018 earliest, and thats if I ignore a lot of uni work.

Also needs to be crowdfunded so I personally have to work as the sole developer to make something presentable first.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ianl579

I hope there are multiple bundles for it, the smallest one being at most $300. There need to be different price points depending on how much people want to get invested in the system.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

JoyBoy

I love it! Instabuy! Where do I preorder?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

GrailUK

That...that pro controller...is...glorious!

(.........pleeease have analogue triggers.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

DefHalan

So my co-worker gave the dock the best nickname... it is called the Toaster

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Frostyboy

Frostyboy wrote:

What I would like the NX to be is a successor to the 3DS. Handheld/micro Console hybrid basically a handheld console with TV output. So we can play games out and about (or in another room) but when we get home you can connected to a docking station which will supplied power and HDMI output, pick up a controller and play away. Similar to the Nvidia shield portable and it's Console mode.

Not a bad guess

Swopped my Saga master system for my friend NES and iv never look back.

Miitomo - http://twitter.com/@Frostyboy

Twitter:

upsidedownjim

I wonder if you can connect other Switches in portable mode while playing on someone's Switch connected to the dock. Ie, hide plays in Madden / multi Wii U game pad ideas. Of course, the person with the Switch connected to the dock wouldn't be able to hide their plays.

upsidedownjim

Octane

DefHalan wrote:

So it's a toaster after all..

Octane

DjLewe78

@DefHalan
I think that name will catch on unfortunately as a few people have said that. Meh

Although about the doc....
I'm looking at my tv in the front room. It's a 50 inch on a glass stand but it only sits about 3inches of the glass stand on the TVs feet, there is no room either side as the stand is the same length of the tv. Now that dock would block out a part of that picture as it can only sit in front of the TVs as I can't fit it in the shelf underneath!!!!!!!

I'm actually concerned about this a bit (not enough to not buy switch obviously) but do you think this could be an issue for people without mounted TVs ?

1 up !

Whydoievenbother

Octane wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

So it's a toaster after all..

I KNEW IT.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Late

I hope there are L and R buttons on the side of the Joy-Cons (the name is weird) too. It would make sense to have buttons where the index fingers end up and when they would be attached to the screen, they're not usable since they're in the small gap between the screen and the controller.

I just took another look at the picture while writing and if the people in the picture are actually playing on the console in that picture, they seem to be only holding A to accelerate but when looking at the game, they're also drifting. That could indicate that there really are buttons where the index fingers are located unless the drifting happens from the awkwardly placed L and R buttons on the side. Now that I think about it, it doesn't really make sense to play Mario Kart if you can't steer or accelerate while drifting, meaning that you must be able to push 3 buttons at the same time.

EDIT: I watched the video again and I'm pretty sure the guy on the right pushes a button with his index finger.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Luna_110

@DjLewe78

Not at all, because the shelf in which I have my TV has the necesarry space below to put consoles or my tv decoder. It all depends on furniture eac has or how you have set up the living room.

@NintyFan

Sounds to me they may leave the 3DS for a couple years more, as the "cheap" alternative. We know Dragon Quest XII is coming to it after all, but after that they probably are going to phase it out.
Wii U is deader than dead at this point.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

TuVictus

For what is supposed to be a home console most of that video was shown specifically to not be at home. The messaging is definitely not "mainly home console" at the moment.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic