Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,481 to 5,500 of 42,603

skywake

If we're talking about what they'll talk about for launch and what they'll talk about that's further down the road. I posted a list of stuff they talked about in the pre-launch Wii trailer a couple of pages back. Just to show how much can be crammed into a ~3min video. If you break that list of games down by when they launched?

Launch games in the E3 2006 trailer:
Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, WarioWare, Excite Truck, Red Steel

Within the year:
Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy

A longer wait:
Pilotwings (it became Wii Sports Resort), Wii Music (not actually shown but referenced)

So I wouldn't be surprised that if they show games some won't be launch games. If they're showing 4 games in the reveal? I'd expect either two or three of them to be launch titles. But that's if they show any games. I'm expecting maybe Zelda and one other game in this trailer if that.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Shinion

@MarcelRguez yeah I agree with that reasoning, I know it's hype and all to go 'ZOMG MARIO AND ZELDA AT THE SAME TIME IN MY VIENS' but the reality is that Nintendo virtually never bundle a system with a Mario/Zelda tier game, at least at launch, so you're gonna be asking for more than $100 more out of everyone cause let's face it who isn't going at get both of those games with the NX. I know I for one even though I'm not getting it at launch am hoping for a break between games because as controversial as it might be to say but Nintendo's famous 'software droughts' haven't bothered me personally. I have several big Wii U games that I still have to get a lot of mileage out of without even mentioning my PS4/Xbox One. Not everyone is as hardcore as some deem is necessary to enjoy games, and I wouldn't like to be in a situation where I'm playing catch up right away, especially when you consider how big BoTW will be on its own.

Space things out you know? I prefer it that way.

Shinion

Octane

To be fair, if that rumour about the Mario game not running properly is true, then I don't think it's ready for launch in March to begin with. Zelda and Pikmin 4 are more likely I think. Pikmin 4 has been in an ''almost ready'' state for over a year now.

Octane

Grandpa_Pixel

Octane wrote:

To be fair, if that rumour about the Mario game not running properly is true, then I don't think it's ready for launch in March to begin with. Zelda and Pikmin 4 are more likely I think. Pikmin 4 has been in an ''almost ready'' state for over a year now.

Now that's an idea! Pikmin 4 would be widely welcome at launch.

In regards to Mario, it might be or it might not. It all depends on how far into development they were at the time

Grandpa_Pixel

MarcelRguez

@Shinion Same here, especially when talking about the heavy-hitters. Zelda is enough for me at launch, I'd be happy with other minor releases if that helps Nintendo to avoid software droughts.

@Grandpa_Pixel I'm hoping for a surprise or two. Maybe Retro will deliver, they've been quiet since 2014. About Mario, remember that Miyamoto was hoping to share more info about it at E3. I'd say it's nowhere near finished yet.

@Octane Speaking of that, was that "Pikmin 3DS is Pikmin 4" kerfuffle ever settled? I personally don't think it is, but I'm probably not up-to-date on that front.

Edit: There's a picture of an alleged dev kit. It comes from /v/ and it's a fake.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Octane

@MarcelRguez From what I've heard, Arzest is developing the new Pikmin for 3DS and it's not Pikmin 4 (otherwise it would've been called that). I don't think Nintendo ever confirmed this, but the gameplay and art style is close to what Arzest has previously made with Yohi's New Island. I think that Pikmin 4 is still its own game. Originally planned for Wii U, but moved to NX. That's my best guess.

Octane

Luna_110

@BLPs
So long? Its impressive how time flies....

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Hollow Knight

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

MarcelRguez

@Octane I thought Arzest's involvement was put into question due to a lack of source. No official confirmation means it could go either way, but I would assume that, since this Pikmin game doesn't have a final title, it's not Pikmin 4. Simple as that.

Laura Dern posted on Twitter that we shouldn't expect to see the launch line-up. BotW will be there, cartridges will be there, etc., but no other games. Also, people are pointing out that the recent BotW footage might come from the NX version. I'm not seeing it, but people are talking about that.

Edit: And Kamiya seems to think NX will be the final name, as a funny note.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Octane

@MarcelRguez You mean the footage from the Japanese site? At first I thought I saw more foliage, but I could be wrong. Looks the same to me. Then again, I don't expect the NX version to look any different.

You're right though, I don't believe that Nintendo ever confirmed the devs behind Pikmin 3DS, we don't know whether it's Nintendo themselves either. I'm not surprised if it's indeed Arzest (or some other dev team). It's definitely not Pikmin 4, that's for sure.

Octane

Luna_110

Oh god! They unblocked youtube in my computer at work.... Since I work in a little corner, I'll be able to watch this live. This rocks!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Hollow Knight

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

MarcelRguez

@Octane Yes, that's what I mean. It does look the same to me too, with its lack of AA and everything. If the NX can handle it, I'd expect at least that. No changes in resolution, but maybe better draw distance.

MarcelRguez

Grandpa_Pixel

If I had to guess, I'd assume we'll get a reveal trailer and a Direct announcement to a more "in-depth" reveal of the console and its games

Grandpa_Pixel

Octane

@MarcelRguez For the sake of being sure, I compared the website footage with the trailer, there doesn't seem to be any graphical difference. Foliage is still the same as well. Colours are not as bright as in the E3 trailer, but that's probably due to the different lighting depending on the time of day. Other than that, they look the same to me.

Octane

Octane

@TomJ I think you meant 60 minutes. Only 40 minutes from now.

Octane

erv

I've been saying dancing humanoid stripper banana for over one and a half year now. I'm ready to be proven the rumour god that I am now.

Prepare to be banana'd.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

dtjive

I'm really hoping that the NX doesn't turn out to be a disappointment. As we get closer I'm starting to get worried about the mental health of us all in here if it turns out to not live up to expectations.

dtjive

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic