Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 48,381 to 48,400 of 70,008

JaxonH

Of course they're 7th gen games. But the comparison isnt only for Doom and Wolf. Panic Button has done alot more, and ALL of them have resolution issues. Not one single game theyve ever released that was more than 720p/540p with dynamic res, regardless of 8th gen, 7th gen, indie game... didnt matter. Rocket Leage got fixed up but only because of Psyonix.

Hob is an indie game and looked worse than Borderlands and Bioshock, which 7th gen or not are FAR more demanding.

XCOM 2 is a more demanding current gen game and looks better than either Doom or Wolf2. Outer Worlds looks about the same, but at least has the excuse of being open world, no framerate to cut and a less scalable engine than the infamous ID6, yet somehow they squeezed comparable results.

All that being said I dont mean to be too hard on them. DOOM and Wolf 2 are very playable and I imagine there are devs that would have done worse (granted, they would both look as bad as Outer Worlds if they had outside vegetation with shrubs everywhere, their environments work to their favor). But we'll see with Doom Eternal if, after all their experience and extra time to work on the game, if they can actually make improvements over the 2016 reboot, or if, like Wolfenstein Youngblood, it's just more status quo.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

@JaxonH @IceClimbers

Iron Galaxy is slowly becoming my favorite of the developers who port games to the Switch. Skyrim, Diablo III, Overwatch...I'm eager to see/hear what they're working on next. Nightdive aren't too bad either, Turok 1 & 2 run and look better than their original releases. They've announced System Shock Enhanced Edition, Blade Runner Remastered, Shadow Man Remastered, etc.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

What I think Panic Button did best was Rocket League. I think it's a huge shame that Rocket League and Fire Emblem Warriors are the only games to come to mind on the Switch which let you decide between 60fps with a lower resolution and 30fps with a higher resolution instead of assuming you want the higher resolution.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Magician If Turok 1&2 didn't look better that'd be pretty disappointing. Quite possible (looking at OG Doom and Doom II on release), but disappointing. But man, System Shock is coming back? That's awesome! It's been on my to play list forever, but it doesn't work on my computer. Aaaand I just googled and found out about the enhanced edition, but I guess I can wait. Hopefully they'll do SS2 as well.

link3710

JaxonH

Rocket League, Darksiders Warmastered and Fire Emblem Warriors, oh and Red Faction Guerrilla: Remarstered Edition (I think, anyways? Maybe I’m mistaken on that one, it was a great port though and had gyro aiming).

The 60fps option is always nice. I’ve used it in every game offered thus far except FE Warriors. I would have rather used the quality modes, but Rocket League felt choppy and Darksiders had input lag on quality mode.

edit
Mainstream media picking up on the crazy success of the Switch in what has historically been a PS/Xbox dominated market.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ashmatuk

Apologies if already discussed. Has anyone noticed their Joycons doing a couple of little vibrations/pulses a few seconds after being put to sleep in handheld mode. Not noticed it before and wondered if normal

Edited on by ashmatuk

ashmatuk

JaxonH

Can’t say I’ve noticed any such thing.

Magician

ashmatuk wrote:

Apologies if already discussed. Has anyone noticed their Joycons doing a couple of little vibrations/pulses a few seconds after being put to sleep in handheld mode. Not noticed it before and wondered if normal

@ashmatuk - What you're feeling might be the Switch's cooling fan winding down as you put the console to sleep.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Heavyarms55

Hey guys, what's the best way for getting screen shots off the Switch? Is it cool to just take the SD card out, stick it in a PC and copy them? Or will that mess stuff up?

Before I quit social media, I used to just upload pics there and then download to my PC. But I don't want to use that method anymore.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

gcunit

I tried pasting some none Switch jpegs into those folders once to see if you could view them on the Switch. Didn't work. Made for one cool story tho.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@Heavyarms55
Ya but they're separated into coded folders by year, month and date which sucks.

Back in 2017 I used a little program someone made to pull the picks out and sort them into folders by game. Its woefully out of date now, but I'm sure there's similar programs with all the released game title IDs included

DenDen

The card in the pc works fine!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Heavyarms55

@Zuljaras @JaxonH Thanks.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BruceCM

Lols, yeah, that took awhile, @darkfenrir .... You getting that, then?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

darkfenrir

@BruceCM I already owned it since last year on Steam, not sure if I'll double dip or not :0

darkfenrir

BruceCM

Oh, OK, @darkfenrir .... I'd sort of forgotten about it, so I'll probably get it in sales on Steam, too but I'm sure it'll do well on consoles, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic